SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : what bibletranslation to get?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Krispy wrote:

Quote:
One of the translators on the committee of the NASB released an article a few years after it's release repenting of having been a part of it's translation, and declaring his allegiance to the KJV.

I think that says something.

Some KJO advocates state that Franklin Logsdon was the [url=http://www.scionofzion.com/logsdon.htm]Chief Translator[/url] of the NASB. Some KJO advocates say he was [url=http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/whyweuse.shtml]Co-Founder[/url] of the NASB. The truth is here straight from the Lockman Foundation:

The Lockman Foundation's Official Response to KJVO claims about Frank Logsdon

Published with permission from The Lockman Foundation

The Board of Directors of The Lockman Foundation launched the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE translation work in the late 1950's following the completion of the AMPLIFIED NEW TESTAMENT. Dr. S. Franklin Logsdon was acquainted with Dewey Lockman, president of The Lockman Foundation, prior to Mr. Lockman's death in 1974. Mr. Logsdon was never a member of the Board of Directors, nor was he an employee of The Lockman Foundation. Mr. Logsdon had no authority to hire employees or translators for the Foundation, to set policy, to vote, to hold office, to incur expenses, etc. He cannot be considered "co-founder" of the NASB, nor part of The Lockman Foundation, nor part of the NASB translation team, nor did he write the forward of the NASB. According to our records, he was present at board meetings on two occasions -- once to hear a travel report; and once to deliver an "inspirational thought."

Mr. Logsdon last wrote to Mr. Lockman in fall of 1973 that he was moving to Florida. Mr. Lockman replied that he was surprised and saddened by his decision to leave the area. Mr. Lockman passed away in January of 1974, and no further correspondence was exchanged between Frank Logsdon and The Lockman Foundation. He resided in Florida until his passing some years ago.

The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8 (NASB)

The Lockman Foundation
[url=http://aomin.org/lockman.html]Source[/url]

2007/5/14 16:10Profile
Psalm73

Arkansas

Best uncorrupted text

Get out the westscot and hort greek(throw those bibles out), and try on Tyndale's bold pan on the New Testament.
How about that 1526 N.T coupled with a 1537 Matthew's O.T with the printing of today. You could do much comparision but the word of God will tell you about those that have corrupted and done an abominable work. Try this, they have minished the Revalacion, and have taken away from the gospel of Luke. (example)
(compare withme) And accept Paul and I's exhortation
Eph 4:10 He that descended, is even the same also that ascended up, even above all heavens, to fulfil all things.
11 And the very same, made some Apostles, some prophets, some Evangelists, some Shepherds, some Teachers:
12 that the saints might have all things necessary to work and minister withall, to the edifying of the body of Christ,
13 till we everyeachone (in the unity of faith, and knowledge of the son of God) grow up unto a perfect man, after the measure of age which is in the fullness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children wavering and carried with every wind of doctrine, by the wiliness of men and craftiness, whereby they lay a wait for us to deceive us.

This is the best bible today without printing and 2 loving souls should join me that it never be copyrighted, it's greek has to be shown as superior, even despite the weaknesses of the 1537 O.T

Psalm 26 I hate the congregacion of the wycked and I wyll not syt amonge the ungodlye.
I wasshe my handes with innocency O Lord, and so go I to thyne alter
Lorde, I love the habitacion of thy houfe and the place where thy honoure dwelleth
O destroy not my soule with sinneres, nor my lyfe w (with) the bloudthirftye.

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ

2007/5/14 16:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Aren't there verses added in at the end of Mark in the KJV?

No... writings from the 1st century show quotations from the passages supposedly added centuries later to Mark. Kinda hard to quote from something that hasnt been written yet.

Krispy

2007/5/14 17:21

Re:

Quote:
Some KJO advocates state that Franklin Logsdon was the Chief Translator of the NASB. Some KJO advocates say he was Co-Founder of the NASB. The truth is here straight from the Lockman Foundation:

Well... there is plenty of evidence that disputes the information the Lockman Foundation is putting out... Be careful what you call "truth"... aparently, it isnt.

Please read this: http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/logsdon2.htm

Secondly, I'm considered a bit on the fringe if I suggest there might be a conspiracy of any degree involved in the modern versions.... yet it's perfectly ok for people on the other side of the debate to accuse KJV'ers of conspiracies all over the place. I find the duplicity to be a bit humorous.

Krispy

2007/5/14 17:25
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Well, somebody is lying. Either the Lockman Foundation or the KJO advocates.

No offense, but I will stick with Lockman.

2007/5/14 17:42Profile

Re: Here's what Hmmm

Quote:
by hmmhmm on 2007/5/12 8:14:03
i dont have the niv or nasb translation....but i think the "from such withdraw thyself" part are missing in them also, maybe someone could provide them from those translations,

NASB 1 Tim 6.5 and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.

NKJV 1 Tim 6.5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

NIV 1 Tim 6.5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Amplified 1 Tim 6.5 And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a source of profit . From such withdraw.

2007/5/14 18:36
lightwalker

Missouri

Re:

One day I was trying to explain something to my daughter and I told her to read a passage in Psalms 66. Now I read the KJV mostly. And having said that I am not one of those foaming at the mouth people that say that all other versions are road kill and that you cannot be saved if you read them. However the passage I wanted her to read had to do with the death to sin that we are called to and just how terrible it is to us. Jesus Himself said it was like taking up a cross, and likened it to death.
So anyway I had her read it and lo and behold her version said awesome. I had visions of hippies on acid looking up and saying awwww. Anyway the true sense of the word given in the greek means a fear of God and not something cool. It seems to me that the modern translators pick and choose sometimes by their own thoughts and not according to the meaning that the writer meant to convey. My personal belief is that the KJV has a power that the modern versions lack.

2007/5/16 6:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am not one of those foaming at the mouth people that say that all other versions are road kill and that you cannot be saved if you read them.

Most of us KJV'ers are not either... thats a stereotype. :-)

Krispy

2007/5/16 7:06

Re:

Quote:
No offense, but I will stick with Lockman.

What makes them any more credible than anyone else? Of course they wont side with someone who is discredtiing them. Thats called a "conflict of interest".

Krispy

2007/5/16 7:08
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

It seems to me that the modern translators pick and choose sometimes by their own thoughts and not according to the meaning that the writer meant to convey.

YES!! this is what i have found to, or at least in the Swedish versions they have taken away much of the "powerfully" words and picked others and just become a "light" version of the bible.

an example

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately [b]wicked[/b]: who can know it?

in the Swedish version it says translated now.... desperately ill ?!? or sick as in a deices ?!?

as the ESV also says

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

here is the ASV

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?

that one captured it quite well, don't know what the NIV says...or the NASB.... but still i find many new translation always seems to pick the meaning that makes man look less wicked and sinful, and tone down what God thinks about it

just some observations from me...

2007/5/16 7:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy