SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Denominations In Heaven!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

No Denominations In Heaven!

Recently I was pondering on passages such as John 17 and Ephesians 4 in which the Scriptures state that part of God's ultimate intent for the church is that all those who are saved be in perfect unity. I believe one day we will see this fulfilled here on the earth. What it will take to bring such a thing about, God only knows. But one thing I believe God has shown me is this: There are no denominations in heaven!

And if we are seriously praying "thy kingdom come, thy will be done," then we can expect that God's will shall be fulfilled in regard to the church here on earth, and that anything that resists God's will shall surely fade away.

So, if there are no denominations in heaven, then why should there be any here on earth?

Just some thoughts...

2007/4/30 17:45Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: No Denominations In Heaven!

Quote:
So, if there are no denominations in heaven, then why should there be any here on earth?

There shouldn’t be, but there shouldn’t be a whole lot of other things also.

I won’t start a list.

2007/4/30 18:02Profile

Re:

Someone gave an illustration of scaffolding on a building in progress. It isn't part of the building but is needed as a temporary support until the building is finished.

The problem with denominations is the reluctance to let the scaffolding go. Or folk may even start worshipping the scaffolding, long after the building has fallen down for lack of repair!

But the true Building will last for ever. JESUS is building His Church, and it isn't in organisations, denominations, disagreements over creeds and doctrines, church government, or what to call the leaders. Still less is it in bricks and morter, who does the flowers or where to put the organ!

Jeannette

2007/4/30 18:31

KingJimmy said

Quote:
...God's ultimate intent for the church is that all those who are saved be in perfect unity. I believe one day we will see this fulfilled here on the earth. What it will take to bring such a thing about, God only knows.

Judging from what Wurmbrand states in his books and sermons, I imagine the best thing that can happen to a splintered church divided over jots and tittles is... persecution. And lots of it.

Catholics, orthodox, baptists, charasmatics, calvinists, and armenians won't have the luxury of debating the finer points of theology when they're stripped, beaten, starved, and worked to death in concentration camps and finally lined up in a row and shot (or worse).

Whatever denomination he or she once "belonged to", at the end it comes down to him/her and God - which in my humble opinion is true religion.

2007/4/30 21:10
davidt

good quote on the persecution thing.

There are essentials and then non essentials and some even argue about those. There are also Churches that need reform. Paul would say let every man be convinced in his own mind concerning non essentials. Like a weak brother over food sacrificed to idols, or a woman wearing a head covering though it mattered just not imperatively. He would also say for everyone to be pressing on counting all things loss, but then even with that he said let the mature have this mind and if anyone thinks otherwise God will show him, and so wouldn't keep driving them to contention. It is hard "sigh", and I think it will just really have to be the Lord who does the building up, for I don't think its going to be by genius, WE NEED AN AWAKENING!

2007/5/2 2:22Profile
davidt

Re:

I would though however Corey be careful about that "Catholic" comment.

2007/5/2 2:23Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

davidt,
Corey mentioned the Catholics because Wurmbrand does mention them in his books.

He mentions being in prison with them.

They were there.

God bless.

2007/5/2 5:22Profile

Re:

davidt said

Quote:
I would though however Corey be careful about that "Catholic" comment.

And you ought to careful if you think there aren't true brethren that were, and perhaps even now are, members of the Roman Catholic Church... because...

enid said

Quote:
Corey mentioned the Catholics because Wurmbrand does mention them in his books.

He mentions being in prison with them.

They were there.

... Wurmbrand witnessed Roman Catholics, Anglicans, and Orthodox priests who were martyred for refusing to deny Christ even after horrendous physical and mental torture and horrific spiritual abuse.

Evangelicals don't have the corner on Jesus.

2007/5/2 6:46
PassingThru

Quote:
that part of God's ultimate intent for the church is that all those who are saved be in perfect unity.

I think it's his intention for us today.

[color=000099]
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all [b]with one accord[/b] in one place.

Jas 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:7 [b]Submit yourselves therefore to God[/b]. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
[/color]

If two people are completely submitted to God's Spirit what disagreement (of any importance) can exist between them?

Where disunity exists, one or both parties are out of synch with God.

PassingThru

2007/5/2 8:33Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
And you ought to careful if you think there aren't true brethren that were, and perhaps even now are, members of the Roman Catholic Church...

I agree. I know trustworthy Catholics and untrustworthy Protestants - Which one is bearing the fruits?

While a lot of Catholics are deceived into worshipping Mary, a lot of Protestants deliberately choose to worship Mammon.

Out of the two, I prefer the chances of the Catholic before the Judgement Seat of Christ.

PassingThru

2007/5/2 8:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy