Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby

I have struggled with the FireFighters version of the KJV. It travels far too quickly for my old mind. I have been looking for something that was a little slower and, please forgive me, with a milder American accent! :-(

I have found it. [url=http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bible-King-James-Version/dp/1598560743/ref=sr_11_1/102-2621200-4988121?ie=UTF8&qid=1177669149&sr=11-1]The KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby.[/url] Alexander Scourby has the 'older' kind of narrative voice with a real dignity. He is/was an actor and there is just enough 'mood' in his reading to make the point without becoming instrusive.

I have it on my iPod and in my car CD player and am revelling in the warmth and clarity of this reading.

In the UK, you can find it on Amazon.co.uk at less than £10. I am thrilled with it and thought others might appreciate it too. It comes on 3 CDs and is in mp3 format. It includes 'listening schedules' and is suitable for PC and Mac.

2007/4/27 6:27Profile

Re: KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby

Mr Ron, i think you really really will enjoy this guy... [url=http://worldwide.familyradio.org/zusa/english/connect/audio_archive/fbrf/download/frame.html]Henry Van Dyke[/url]
i love how in his reading his pathos comes through and it's of no showmanship(even if you are english, you won't mind his accent at all brother).
the website is actually a radiostation here in the states. it is the only radiostation, as far as i know, in the whole US that actually has a dedicated continuous bible reading program everyday for 30 minutes. if you can return it to amazon by any chance do so because the website is free. CCel.org and SI have bibles too but man, i don't know why i love Familyradio's bible reading. (by the way, Henry Van Dyke passed away i think around 1982 or so, don't know for sure)
Also, Ron, I didn't forget about our discussion of Faith and Romans chapter 3 and 4. i am just very immature in the word of God so takes me really a long time to respond with scriptural basis. part of the question that i had asked you was formulated of what that radiostation's website teacher taught. so, i will be hopefully responding soon. now i got to go give somebody a lift as you english say to his home
good day to you my brother

samuel

2007/4/27 7:27
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

My two all time favorites are Scourby and [url=http://www.allbibles.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0529102404]Roscoe Lee Browne. [/url] There is a sample wma audio clip of about 30 seconds. I would love to have it on mp3, but so far have only found cassettes.

2007/4/27 8:49Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Thanks Robert
I had a listen but I prefer my KJV readings 'neat' ie without background music. :-)

2007/4/27 9:02Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I have the Scourby narration on cassette tapes and I use them primarily in my car. He has a pleasing voice and I like the fact that there's no background music.

I'm glad to see it's avaliable in mp3 format. If you want an audio Bible this is a good one.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/4/27 9:13Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I had a listen but I prefer my KJV readings 'neat' ie without background music.

You mean those recordings are not inspired? What a drag. :-P

Have you ever listened to the James Earl Jones (Darth Vadar) version of the NT? It's missing some words here and there!

2007/4/27 9:15Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

The "Darth Vader" version?!?!
I know you can get the New Testament in Klingon but Darth Vader!?!? :-D

2007/4/27 9:20Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Have you ever listened to the James Earl Jones (Darth Vadar) version of the NT? It's missing some words here and there!

Hey, I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this thread. Jones played Darth Vader, and he also played Tulsa Doom in Conan the Barbarian. Doom was a creepy sect-leader who could morph into a snake. I've never heard him read the NT, but I can imagine the voice. Doesn't Charleton Heston also have a recording out?

:-P

2007/4/27 9:25Profile
repentcanada

I love Scourby

2007/4/27 9:45Profile

Re:

surprised nobody likes the familyradio version...very surprised...... i used to shiver(still do from time to time) when he said before reading: "here to seek the face of whom alone has been our help in ages past, and who alone is our help to come" ..... i wouldn't touch the other versions at all.... and best of all, Did i mention it is FREE!

2007/4/27 9:48

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy