SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : " The Book Of Revelation " ( finally understood )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Share only what you are led to share by God. Share only what you feel would be beneficial to your brothers and sisters in Christ and might be used by God to touch someone who doesn't know Christ.

2007/4/27 16:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
has anyone here looked into partial-preterism?

There are several people here that have looked into preterism, I for one have. To me Partial Preterism, like the Pre and Post Tribulation teachings has too many problems with it, it creates too many questions, whereas Full Preterism does not. I am currently studying parttime the Full Preterist viewpoint straight from the word, let the bible interpret the bible,and throw away the commentaries. IMHO ;-)

2007/4/27 17:08

Re:

Uniquewebrev said

Quote:
Do you really want to read pages and pages?

Just let the holy Spirit give you what you feel to share right now. We don't need to know the nitty gritty, rather that which is used for the sake of edification.

So Rev, share! :-)

2007/4/27 17:12
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:
There are several people here that have looked into preterism, I for one have. To me Partial Preterism, like the Pre and Post Tribulation teachings has too many problems with it, it creates too many questions, whereas Full Preterism does not. I am currently studying parttime the Full Preterist viewpoint straight from the word, let the bible interpret the bible,and throw away the commentaries. IMHO

Yes, partial-preterism does raise a lot of questions. I used to be the typical pre-trib futurist, but then I stumbled upon partial-preterism. The more I looked into it, the more I agreed with it. I was fairly convinced it was right until recently when, having dug deeper into the word, I'm seeing all sorts of troubling passages for partial-preterists. In light of this, I've gone back to the standard, "I don't know" position!!!

Concerning full preterism, I believe it is very bad...how much have you looked into it? Do you know that they deny any future resurrection or coming of Christ?

btw, -[url=http://www.preteristarchive.com/PartialPreterism/index.html]this[/url]- is the best site I have found that discusses preterism.

Also, -[url=http://www.preteristarchive.com/Preterism/simmons-kurt_p_07_01.html]this[/url]- is one of the articles that showed me the problems with full preterism.

And you are very right about letting the Bible interpret the Bible! :-)

May God be with us and lead us into truth,
Nile

2007/4/27 18:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

UniqueWebRev:

Forest, you have a responsibility to give to the body of Christ what The Holy Spirit has given you. Take notes, write, write, write, and as line upon line and precept upon precept bring truth and understanding for the Body, we can all be blessed by the different ways each of us is used in the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit and the Gifted One Jesus Christ in us, to build up His Body. These gifts are distributed as the Holy Spirit wishes, don't wait start now. Thank you for your truths and hard work searching the mind of Christ by the Holy Spirit that is in us.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/4/28 1:08Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Personal Witness and Testimony

So be it - but I'll have to pray over this, so it may take a few days, then I'll post it in Miracles that follow the Plow, since that is where testimonies seem to go.

Thak you for the encouragement. I'm not reluctant, just flummoxed on what to talk about.
I've accumulated so much experience that is used by the Holy spirit in the strangest ways, and I've never hesitated to speak of myself, so you know I'm not shy.

The Holy Spirit has told me where to start, and how, even as I write this, so I'll follow those directions, and let the Spirit lead me.

Being short on sleep, and needing to write an article tommorrow for my site, I will have to let you all know when I post, but it will be early next week.

Who knows...it may start with my article for Sunday?

Thanks again,

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/28 4:09Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

CJaKfOrEsT wrote:
May I also recommend the following series on the Book of Revelation, by [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=528]David Pawson[/url]? Pawson is one of those rare men of God, who offers well balanced data, and while giving his conclusions, also gives clear "permission" to disagree. Overall, a well rounded dealing with many of the issues and controversies of the Book.

Aaron, downloading #2 tonight....

Didn't want you to think I forgot, or was neglectful of your advice!

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/28 4:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
Concerning full preterism,...how much have you looked into it? Do you know that they deny any future resurrection or coming of Christ?

Hmmm...you could have something on that, afterall perfection comes at the resurrection and then and only then are we complete in Him.

Thats food for thought.

2007/4/28 8:10
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

UniqueWebRev wrote:
Aaron, downloading #2 tonight....

Didn't want you to think I forgot, or was neglectful of your advice!

Blessings,

Forrest

Hey, all's good. It was just a recommendation, your loss if you ignore it. :-P

By the way, I had downloaded over 5Gb from this place before I switched over to ADSL. So, you get no sympathy from me. Downloading sermons is that thing your computer does really well while you sleep. ;-)

Regarding Pawson, if you'd rather read, then maybe get a hold of [url=http://www.amazon.com/When-Jesus-Returns-David-Pawson/dp/0340612118]When Jesus Returns[/url], which is the book form of the recommended preaching series.

2007/4/28 9:19Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
Concerning full preterism,...how much have you looked into it? Do you know that they deny any future resurrection or coming of Christ?

Hmmm...you could have something on that, afterall perfection comes at the resurrection and then and only then are we complete in Him.

Thats food for thought.

I've got two words for anyone who embraces preterism, "wailing wall" ;-)
Quote:

[b]1[/b] And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings [i]are here[/i]!
[b]2[/b] And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? [u]there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.[/u]
[b]Mark 13:1-2[/b]

Ooops...!

2007/4/28 9:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy