SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : In Regards to the concept of "Total Deprvity"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Welcome back Ormly.

2007/4/23 15:10Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
You use only Abraham as your example. Who told you Abraham was unrighteous? Where is it written that he was? Where does say that Abraham believed God simply and only because of a promise made to him?

Was he righteous before he was reckoned righteous?

2007/4/23 15:16Profile

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:
You use only Abraham as your example. Who told you Abraham was unrighteous? Where is it written that he was? Where does say that Abraham believed God simply and only because of a promise made to him?

Was he righteous before he was reckoned righteous?

Was Noah righteous before God chose him to build the Ark?

2007/4/23 15:34

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Welcome back Ormly.

Thanks Jay. I'd like to share some stuff I believe to be helpful in our journey. Hope you all don't beat me up too much. :-(

2007/4/23 15:35
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Ormly, I gladly welcome you back and I pray that we would all be encouraged in our discussions. I would love to hear sometime about all God has done in you and through you during your time away. Also, what lead you to come back to post at Sermonindex again.

God Bless.

2007/4/23 15:50Profile

Re:

JaySaved wrote:
Ormly, I gladly welcome you back and I pray that we would all be encouraged in our discussions. I would love to hear sometime about all God has done in you and through you during your time away. Also, what lead you to come back to post at Sermonindex again.

God Bless.

If I spoke of it as a blog I'm Sure it would be received as arrogance. Suffice to say God has been gracious to me to my understanding of the priviledge we have in Him that has been sidetracked by the enemy who seeks to keep us bound up with the single issue of redemption; making heaven to be the goal.
.......It is not.

But relax, I am not here to correct anyone...just maybe a litle adjustment. ;-)

2007/4/23 16:09
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother Ormly, glad to have you back. I hope neil sees that you are back as well, as I know he was saddened to see you leave.
Blessings to you.

2007/4/23 16:19Profile

Re:

Thanks Roaring. ...and likewise to you.

2007/4/23 17:03

Re:

What makes anyone believe that no one could be righteous after the fall of Adam. His disobedience didn't strip him of his ability to be righteous. What it did was strip him of a righteousness he possessed that would have eventually allowed him entrance into the literal presence of God; his own Mt. Transfiguration experience, if you will. In that regard, because of his disobedience, his own human righteousness would now always be as filthy rags.
Entrance into God's Holy presence demands righteousness equal to Himself. Adam gave away his ever being able to do that....... Enter the man, Jesus....the second Adam.

2007/4/23 19:22
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

2Ch 24:19 Yet he sent prophets to them, to bring them again unto the LORD; and they testified against them: but they would not give ear.

2Ch 33:10 And the LORD spake to Manasseh, and to his people: but they would not hearken.

Jer 13:11 For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!

Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen [doth gather] her brood under [her] wings, and ye would not!

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Christ is our only righteousness, He that is in us makes us son's of the Father.

1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

In Christ: "No other way to the Father"

2007/4/23 21:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy