SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are all Christians the Bride of Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: The Bride of Christ

Nile,

It is not our rigteousness, but Christ's righteousness in us that makes us all a member of the 'Church', and the Church, the total of all of us, is the Bride of Christ.

Revelation 19

1. And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2. For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3. And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4. And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5. And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Those that are saved outside the Church, including all of man that are not saved in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, at the beginning or at the end, pass through the White Throne Judgement, where Christ evaluates their knowledge of God, whether taught by observance of nature alone, or by a Pharisee, or by God Himself in Eden, and their faith and belief in God, and their works, according to their faith.

EDIT: Revelation 20: 11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.EDIT ENDED

These are not works for the sake of works, but, according to what they did know, how well did they treat others, and how did they view God, and reverance Him, even if it was no more than reverential fear of what they did not understand, but knew was greater than themselves.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/20 12:11Profile

Re:

Hmmm... WebRev... wow, what a can of worms that post could open!

Krispy

2007/4/20 12:21

Re:

I do not think anyone here is interested in "catching" Mr. Ravenhill doing anything. The question was asked whether what he said was true or not according to scripture. And it is a very important question...it has to do with a true believer's relationship to God.

If not all believer's, all that are saved, are now and will be a part of the Bride of Christ? Then who? Who are the special ones? To what level have they attained that get the privilege of being married to Christ?

Based upon the context in which it was said, it is just not true. It was his opinion based upon his own theological/denominational background.

As was said, we need to be Bereans. Search the scriptures. I don't care who the preacher is. Listen, I love preaching. I love to be challenged. I ask God before I hear a message to let the Word be like a two- edged sword and expose all false thinking...anything false. I am not afraid of a hard Word because I know that God uses everything to bring me into Liberty. Freedom to walk with Him. Freedom to obey Him. Power over my flesh. Power over the bondage that men might want to put on me. I learned long ago never to be afraid of anything God might tell me, BUT...

I refuse to accept man's opinion on scripture especially if it will lead me to bondage. Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has MADE us free.

Our freedom in Christ is based upon what Christ has already done!

Another example of a mans' zeal for holiness (yet without knowledge) is found in a line in Keith Green's song To Obey is Better Than Sacrifice.

This is him speaking for God:

"...if you can't come to me everyday than don't bother coming at all."

I use that as an example because it affected my walk with God for years...yes years!

Search the scriptures brethren. Honor those to whom honor is due, but let know one entangle you in a yoke of bondage!

2007/4/20 12:25
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:
If not all believer's, all that are saved, are now and will be a part of the Bride of Christ? Then who? Who are the special ones? To what level have they attained that get the privilege of being married to Christ?

Based upon the context in which it was said, it is just not true. It was his opinion based upon his own theological/denominational background.

These were my thoughts also. I just wasn't sure if this was some wide-spread view that I hadn't heard about before.

2007/4/20 12:34Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Can of Worms

Ah, Krispy,

But what interesting worms they might be!

2007/4/20 12:34Profile

Re:

When testing something from scripture, or even that a believer says, we must use sound hermeneutics. We cant just take one piece of a writing or audio without exmining it against context, and the overall positions of the author.

Before the context was posted, we had nothing to go by other then what we though he might be saying. I look forward to hearing more based on the additional information we now have.

I know of nothing in scripture to suggest that there are two types of TRUE (soundly saved) believers... (one is part of the bride, one is not). However I myself will say that the majority of Christians are not part of the bride. Simply because they are not truly Christians... I am just extening them the title Christian based on outward appearance and their self profession.

We have so maligned the definition of the word christian and church (its not a building believe it or not) that we can often becaome confused if we are using the same terms but understand them to have different meanings. I am curious if this is the case with Ravenhills comment or if he is saying what it appears he is saying.

in Christ - Jim

2007/4/20 12:38
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I don't really know Ravenhill's eschatology, but I know some do not believe all Christians will go in the "rapture" but only those that are "ready." In that view the others "have washed their robes" during the tribulation.

2007/4/20 12:43Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Bride of Christ

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
I don't really know Ravenhill's eschatology, but I know some do not believe all Christians will go in the "rapture" but only those that are "ready." In that view the others "have washed their robes" during the tribulation.

Preach,

I would make the argument that only those that are watching for the 'Rapture' will go in it, leaving out a lot of Laodiceans, who think they are saved, but are not, because they have never come into relationship with Christ.

I believe that the 'Rapture' is a major wakeup call to the Laodicean Church, of whom some will believe the 'lie', and others will wash their robes in the Tribulation.

Whether the 'Bride of Christ' relates solely to those that were watching, and went up in the 'Rapture', or includes those worthies who are martyred for Christ for not taking the 'Mark', depends greatly on whether you are looking at the 'Wedding Supper of the Lamb' from the viewpoint of 'Earth Time' up to the Rapture, or 'Eternal Time', in which those killed in the Tribulation would go to be with the Lord at the 3 and 1/2 years into the Tribulation, when the 'Mark' is required by the Beast. If you are going from that viewpoint, they would arrive to be with Christ in the middle of the Wedding Supper, but only if the Rapture takes place prior to the Tribulation.

I myself can't imagine Christ differentiating between 'True Christians' now, and 'True Christians' later, since they are all the Church Corporate of Christ, for being in Him, we automatically have salvation, and are judged only for works done with the right motive, and includes a Crown for the Martyrs, which I presume belongs as much to the Martyrs before the Trib and during the Trib.

Of course, this gets so complicated that this is why Krispy said I was opening up a can of worms.

But, I like worms!

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/20 13:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
Of course, this gets so complicated that this is why Krispy said I was opening up a can of worms.

I thought there was a simplicity in Christ.

2007/4/20 13:54
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: SImplicity in Christ

Quote:

Mahoney wrote:
Quote:

I thought there was a simplicity in Christ.

There is. Our belief or 'faith-ing' in Him is our 'work', and our belief in Him gains us everything.

How and when it all comes to us is the interesting part.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/20 14:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy