SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Total Depravity & Entire Sanctification

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I can see I am going to need an interpreter for Ohio. :-? ;-)

2007/5/4 17:56Profile

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
But I have never read anything from him that claimed that that full inheritance included becoming a god, rather it includes being fully conformed to Christ's image as man.

Ron,
I believe and preach full conformity to our risen head... but ever as men. It is Ormly's claim that 'divinity happens' that has to be refuted. 'divinity' can never 'happen'. It is an eternal attribute and by eternal I mean backwards as well as forwards. Father, Son, Spirit have been, are and always will be 'divine'. Man can never become divine because essential attributes of divinity include omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence. Only God can be God. Divinity is the exclusive attribute of the only God; all other expectations and strivings toward 'divinity' are part of an angelic rebellion which has fatally affected our race.

Peter says that God has given to us “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2Pet 1:4 KJVS)...but 'partaking of the divine nature' doesn't make me, or anyone else, divine. No more than 'partaking of a MacDonald's' makes me a beefburger. ;-)

I am curious to know what a glorified body and joint-heir-ship with Christ means to you Philo? Also, what Jesus being called the first of first fruits means....while you are at it why limit/reduce the word "partaking" to mean something less than full participation?

I have asked these questions before. I don't recall you addressing them.

2007/5/6 9:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy