SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Virginia Tech…the killing continues.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Virginia Tech…the killing continues.

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but I would like to mention a few things. I see this as a most sad and terrible event. I'm not trying to play it down. It has broken my heart, as well as yours, but…

…there are [b][color=0033CC]over[/color][/b] 32 children, kids, and/or adults murdered [b][color=0066CC]everyday[/color][/b] in America. Many are brutalized, stabbed, raped, tortured, held at gun point, and forced to do unspeakable things before the die.

It seems the nation only weeps when it happens in the same building, or on the same campus, school, street, or house.

America is so callused and desensitized that 32 deaths scattered around the country doesn’t have much of an affect on us. We can deal with a few isolated cases.

As we cry for those at Virginia Tech I hope the tears continue long after…because the deaths and killing won’t be stopping.

We must remember that husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, and sons and daughters are senselessly murdered everyday.

There are parents all over America waiting for children to come home that never will.

Sometimes I feel our flags should stay at half-mast all year long.

God help us.

2007/4/19 13:04Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Virginia Tech…the killing continues.

Good reminder for us all.

2007/4/19 13:27Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

I've thought about this too, and at the risk of seeming insensitive, I'm just not "impressed" by a madman who kills 32 people at a college campus. Tragic yes...but what about the 25 000 people that die everyday of starvation? Isn't it hypocrisy to be so moved by the death of 32 but remain stone hearted at the death 25 000 a day? Again, please don't misunderstand and label me insensitive - I'm just looking at the whole picture.

2007/4/19 13:29Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I was actually thinking, in the last three days over 300 people have been killed by terrorist attacks in Iraq.

We put up pictures of 30 students and faculty that died on american soil but barely give a nod to all those that are dying on foreign soil.

Are American lives really worth more than Iraqies?

Jesus weeps...

2007/4/19 13:32Profile

Re:

I think with all of the controversy generated in the various VT threads here we can all agree on one thing...

Pray agonizing prayers for the lost and for our country. Preach the true Gospel with words and with good deeds and oh how many things will change and how Christ will be glorified. May everyone be convicted and encouraged. I am.

in Him - Jim

2007/4/19 13:37
BenBrockway

Re:

Are you kidding? Becoming a killer is the way to go these days. You get Int'l media attention for hours, days, weeks, and months on end, and you may even get your name mentioned by the president. It's a dog eat dog world. The killer is the real news. Who cares about the killed. Their dead news...

I am being extremely sarcastic, of course, but this is nearly true. It's unfortunate what this world, the media, and the left has come to.

Oh, how we need revival. Must we continue to harden our hearts to the Lord? Must we be opposed to the convictions of the Holy Spirit to what is right and wrong?

P.S. Just so everyone knows - I am extremely sympathetic to the families of the lives lost... I was just playing the devil's advocate and mentioning, sadly, what is nearly the truth.

2007/4/19 13:49Profile
polo247uk

Princes Risborough, England

even in the UK the news papers are covered with this terrible event. 32 lives lost :(

nothing when you think of Over 4000 babies are aborted every day in America. :cry:

2007/4/19 14:28Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
nothing when you think of Over 4000 babies are aborted every day in America.

abortion to man...murder to God

4000 everyday...are we mourning them?

2007/4/19 15:07Profile
polo247uk

Princes Risborough, England

Re:

Quote:

abortion to man...murder to God

4000 everyday...are we morning them?

morning MORNING. many are Rejoicing, as the featured sermon tile says Oh America America!

2007/4/19 15:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

polo247uk wrote:
nothing when you think of Over 4000 babies are aborted every day in America. :cry:

Yes and the saddest thing is "one" of those babies may have grown up and invented a cure for AIDS or Cancer, that should give the Pro abortion folks something to ponder.

2007/4/19 15:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy