SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why do you seldom hear a kingdom message preached?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Why do you seldom hear a kingdom message preached?

Matthew 17:
24. And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
25. He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
26. Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
27. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

2007/4/11 17:36Profile

Re: Why do you seldom hear a kingdom message preached?

Both John and Jesus said: "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand". When the Church was birthed on the Day of Pentecost, this message was no longer preached. For the Kingdom of God had come in the hearts of men.

Few preach that the Kingdom has come, however most preach it as something that is off in the blue yonder, yet Christ said that the Kingdom of God would be within you.

At the same time He said that, Christ also said that it would not come by observation. So as good little unbelieving people we are, we do not believe Him because we need to see that it has actually come with our natural eyes and understanding.

Did you know that the Church is still seeking after a sign??

Jesus called the generation He was in a "Wicked and an adulterous" because they were seeking a sign to validate that Jesus was truly the son of David, the one that would bring in an everlasting kingdom that would wipe out the Roman occupation. But because He didn't come that way He was rejected.

On the Day of Pentecost the message is that the Kingdom had come, for Paul said that the "kingdom of God is rightesousness, peace and joy in the holy Ghost."

The Holy Christ that now lives in us is that Kingdom, that has all power and authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions. That same power that can raise the dead, heal the sick, the dumb speak the deaf hear, souls saved.

The reason why it's seldom preached is to preach that the Kingdom of God has come means that it's going to cost you everything to sell out to the LORD and if you preach that kind of message it won't be popular (so they think). For in the New Testement, that same message preached increased numbers rapidly.

The Kingdom of God has come via the Holy Ghost, now that He has come, let us enter into Him and be effective witnesses. Not just speakers, but one's that have power behind what we speak. For Christ is not dead, but is alive in His people to show forth His power to those who are need of it, and to convince the world of sin that they indeed need a saviour.

Praise the LORD

2007/4/11 19:47
Goldminer

Alabama

I just listened to a very good message by Steve Thompson about the Kingdom not coming with observation.

He basically broke it down in the Greek and said the kingdom does not come by you standing and looking for it because it is within you. You must walk out the Kingdom in your daily life. The Kingdom will be manifest through you so don't expect to look here or there to find it, look within. It won't come by looking for it, it is walked out in our daily lives as we are obedient to God's will.

2007/4/11 22:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

This is one of the greatest things that we as the church have fallen out of awareness of: that we are participants in the kingdom of God. We lack any eschatological sense of who we are as a people. More often than not, we don't even see ourselves as part of a people anymore! Eternal things seldom enter our thoughts, let alone captivate our attention, let alone guide our lives. Instead we focus on how we can be a better husband, a better wife, a better this, and a better that.

2007/4/11 22:51Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

I believe the reason the Kingdom of God is not preached is humanism. Every kingdom points to it's ruler. The Kingdom of heaven points to it's ruler, God Almighty. This is not what people want to hear. Humansism focuses on us so we preach the salvation of man. We preach what God has done for man, not what or who God is.

2007/4/11 23:23Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Thanks Brothers and Sisters for your responses and I thought about this and I hope I will be able to respond as insightfully.

When God saved me the greatest simplest thing happened. He changed the contents of my heart.. Now I have love and charity in my heart and all things flowing in an outward direction. So simple but such a blessing and such a God given power over my flesh to serve the kingdom of God.

Before I was converted I served greed and covetousness of worldly things and everything had to flow in my direction from the worldly kingdom.

There are two kingdoms in the present reality and as one who lived fifty eight years in the worldly one I can say with out any reservation I am a present tribulation believer for all those that serve the worldly kingdom.

I am a present rest believer for all excepted in His Son by our Heavenly Father..
Eddie

2007/4/12 3:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
More often than not, we don't even see ourselves as part of a people anymore!

The reason this is (believe it or not), is because the Church has shifted it's focus off of the body and unto the atheistic nation of Israel, thinking that they are the true Israel of God.

They are more gentile then we think!

But because of our love for the Jewish people and our deeply entrenched teachings on the subject of eschatology and dispensationalism this word falls on deaf ears.

We should not be partial in this matter, we should love the Palestinian peoples as well. We should not have our attention on earthy things, lands and such, let them fight for things that are temporary, but we wrestle with principalities and powers. Our minds should not be on some natural temple, rather our temple that the holy Ghost dwells in needs tending to and repair.

Our focus must be on one another and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

I am a Jew, and all those who have the Spirit of Christ is a TRUE JEW. Lets get our minds on that, and not be tempted in being partial towards one race of people, when God has bidden us to preach to ALL nations, saying, ALL need to repent. Mediate on the verse below, let it roll around in your mind and allow the holy Spirit to quicken this to you, if you don't, all it will be is an arguement of contention.
Quote:
Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

The question that I pose for all believers is, Where is your Kingdom of God? Is it in you, or is it up in the sky, or is it in Jerusalem?

2007/4/14 8:12
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Israel

Compliments wrote:

More often than not, we don't even see ourselves as part of a people anymore! The reason this is (believe it or not), is because the Church has shifted it's focus off of the body and unto the atheistic nation of Israel, thinking that they are the true Israel of God. They are more gentile then we think!

But because of our love for the Jewish people and our deeply entrenched teachings on the subject of eschatology and dispensationalism this word falls on deaf ears....I am a Jew, and all those who have the Spirit of Christ is a TRUE JEW. Lets get our minds on that, and not be tempted in being partial towards one race of people, when God has bidden us to preach to ALL nations, saying, ALL need to repent. Meditate on the verse below, let it roll around in your mind and allow the holy Spirit to quicken this to you, if you don't, all it will be is an arguement of contention.

Quote:
Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

The question that I pose for all believers is, Where is your Kingdom of God? Is it in you, or is it up in the sky, or is it in Jerusalem?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I say:

God never changes. And neither do His promises to Abraham, or we Gentile Gentiles could not be grafted into the true vine.

The land that Israel holds only a portion of was promised to Abraham and his decendants.

I will agree that Israel belongs to the Christians, as well as the Jews, but there is still a promise pending on the Land to Abraham's physical descendants.

When the Palestinians, or any other country or group of people that want to see 'Palestine' taken from the Jews, and handed over to anyone for peace, become Christians, they too will have rights to the land, at least spiritually.

Physically, the U.N. ratified Israel's right to some of their heriditary land, so a visa and a large wallet will enable you to buy land in Israel, if Israel's laws permit it.

Personally, I still take the Old Testament promises to Israel seriously, because of the blessing that goes with it. I have experienced it in my life since I began praying for Israel on occasion, and giving a small portion of my alms or tithes or whatever you want to call it, to Migdal Ohr, the Orphanage in Israel each month.

But mostly, I believe that if the 'Palestinians' became Christian's, they at least wouldn't be trying to kill Israeli's, or any one else for that matter.

If you live in Israel, I can understand your frustration with the whole mess there. But as a Christian, not a Jew, you should believe your God never breaks a promise.

Blessings,

2007/4/14 10:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

But because of our love for the Jewish people and our deeply entrenched teachings on the subject of eschatology and dispensationalism this word falls on deaf ears.

Well, while dispensational theology surely hasn't helped us in our perception of who we are as the people of God, and has managed to spread into most theological systems without realizing it, I don't think it's the main culprit. It's because many people are simply focused on the here and now, and are worldly minded. Some might not like me for saying this, but dispensationalism is generally the product of those embracing a worldly mindset.

Quote:

They are more gentile then we think!

This is one of the best quotes I've seen regarding the present state of the Jews.

2007/4/14 10:30Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Just for clarification, I do believe that Jerusalem will one day be exalted above all other nations, with Christ sitting on His throne for 1,000 years, ruling with a rod of iron, and that all the nations that do not come up to worship will have rain withheld from them. But I don't say this as a dispensationalist.

I highly recommend the sermons & writings of Art Katz on this matter. For a more scholarly treatment, reading George Ladd, David Baron, and Adolph Saphir are in order.

2007/4/14 10:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy