SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NEEDED: Help with sermon scriptures!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re: NEEDED: Help with sermon scriptures!

Brother Greg, I was thinking what more can be done about finding sermons from the search engines by keywords of scriptures.
Since these past two months I am reading about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), I had/have chance to see how the things are going, generally.
I just made tests with www.google.com and I think we can do something more about that, even I believe with success.
From what I see www.sermonindex.net is very well indexed to www.google.com
I think that every page is indexed, the results now are that 244,000 pages are indexed, that is very good for start! Since google is indexing us, we can do much more on this. At least to be on the first page on google for most of the scriptures that are written bellow the sermons. Thus done, I think there would be much more users accessing sermonindex.
I made a few searches with already written scriptures bellow the sermons, I saw the results, some are very far on seventh or eight page on google. We can make much better results with on page SEO.

This will be also a lot of work, by I think it will be worthwhile.

2007/4/7 22:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I simply need help with people doing this:

[b]How can you help? simply listen to the FIRST ONE MINUTE of a sermon that does not have a scripture reference under the title and mark down the main scripture that is spoken about.

Send it to me in this format:

sermon title
sermon speaker
scripture used[/b]

If anyone can help with this please do so.

2007/4/8 1:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thank you to those that are currently helping with this. There is alot more work to be done and more help would be appreciated.

2007/4/12 1:02Profile

SI Members,

Just to let everyone know so we don't step on each other's toes doing the same sermon for scriptures; I'm working my way through with the over 200 Sermons of "Carter Conlon" that do not already have scripture under his sermon titles. I'm Going from the first page till i reach the last page. Hope this is ok with you Greg and everyone else. I must confess, this is so rewarding and fun. I do hope many will jump on board to do this. There are so many members here at SI that even tho you may not partake of the forum's, perhaps you might consider doing this as the sermons are the biggest if not the most important part of sermonindex anyway, thus the name: sermonindex.net :-)

The Lord Bless Your Help and Hearing of His Word,

Brother Julian

2007/4/12 8:23
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm working my way through with the over 200 Sermons of "Carter Conlon" that do not already have scripture under his sermon titles. I'm Going from the first page till i reach the last page. Hope this is ok with you Greg and everyone else

Thanks for letting us know brother.

===

How can you help? simply listen to a sermon that does not have a scripture reference under the title and mark down the main scripture that is spoken about.

Send it to me in this format:

sermon title
sermon speaker
scripture used

2007/4/12 12:21Profile
bereangirl

Toronto, Canada

Re:

I'll help by doing Art Katz if no-one is doing it already. :-)

Bereangirl

2007/4/12 17:30Profile

SI Family,

Can't speak for everyone but it sure does help using e-Sword in finding these scriptures so quickly. Makes everything work out so much the more smooth.

Update: O ya and notepad to. :-D

Brother Julian

2007/4/13 7:44

Wanted to bring this back to the main page again. I hope this is ok.

Sermonindex wrote:

Quote:
I encourage people to keep helping and sending emails with the ones they have done.

Quote:
Thank you to those that are currently helping with this. There is alot more work to be done and more help would be appreciated.

Brother Julian

2007/5/20 14:19

Bump once more...

Brother Julian

2007/5/21 7:30
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Today; I'll try to knock out the Vance Havner section

2007/5/21 8:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy