SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
jordanamo

Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

You scored as Karl Barth. The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.Karl Barth100%John Calvin80%Martin Luther80%Friedrich Schleiermacher67%Anselm67%Jonathan Edwards60%Jürgen Moltmann53%Augustine47%Charles Finney27%Paul Tillich0%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com\

(Note: Just copy the HTML text in the box and paste here when you're done.)

Jordan

2007/4/3 15:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Which Theologian Are You? (Quiz)

You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'Anselm100%Jonathan Edwards87%John Calvin73%Karl Barth73%Martin Luther67%Jürgen Moltmann67%Friedrich Schleiermacher67%Augustine53%Paul Tillich33%Charles Finney33%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 15:31Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

They need some Arminian theologians to help balance this thing out. Some of the questions are kinda strange too.

2007/4/3 15:32Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Yeah I know... it wasn't that good of a quiz in it's depth but still gives somewhat of an overview. After all, where's Jacobus Arminius? And, Jonathan Edwards without John Wesley? Oh well.

2007/4/3 15:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
John Wesley?

I believe I did this 2 years ago and was a "welsey" holiness in my results.

2007/4/3 15:40Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

I hope that I interpreted the questions correctly!
This is what is supposed to be me.. :-P

You scored as Karl Barth. The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.Karl Barth80%John Calvin67%Martin Luther60%Augustine47%Jonathan Edwards40%Anselm27%Jürgen Moltmann13%Charles Finney13%Friedrich Schleiermacher7%Paul Tillich0%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 15:41Profile

You scored as Karl Barth.
The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.

Karl Barth 93%
Anselm 87%
John Calvin 53%
Martin Luther 53%
Jürgen Moltmann 47%
Jonathan Edwards 33%
Charles Finney 33%
Augustine 33%
Paul Tillich 27%
Friedrich Schleiermacher 27%

Interesting mixture here, if you compare the %ages of mine and Jordan's

We could probably learn a lot about ourselves by this kind of quiz ;-)

Like that I often sit on the fence about some doctrines.

Surprised that I scored so highly with Anselm; not even sure what his distinctive beliefs were!

I never heard of some of these theologians! Such as Moltmann and Schleiermacher.

Anybody?

A good quiz!

Jeannette

2007/4/3 15:43

You scored as Martin Luther. The daddy of the Reformation. You are opposed to any Catholic ideas of works-salvation and see the scriptures as being primarily authoritative.Anselm100%Martin Luther100%John Calvin73%Jürgen Moltmann67%Karl Barth67%Paul Tillich53%Jonathan Edwards40%Augustine33%Charles Finney33%Friedrich Schleiermacher20%Which theologian are you?created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 15:48
jordanamo

Re:

Moltmann is a hard person to dissect and to give an overview of him. I'm currently going through his The Crucified God, and have so far much been blessed by it.

Here's an overview,

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurgen_Moltmann]Jurgen Moltmann[/url]

Schleiermacher is a whole nother deal.. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schleiermacher]Schleiemacher[/url]

2007/4/3 15:53Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Guess this is bad... :-? :oops:

You scored as Christianity. Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian.

Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.Christianity83%Judaism25%Buddhism17%Hinduism17%Paganism17%Islam8%agnosticism0%Satanism0%atheism0%Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)created with QuizFarm.com

2007/4/3 16:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy