SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : prosperity gospel on 20/20

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
HopeinChrist

prosperity gospel on 20/20

Prosperity message being addressed on 20/20 tonight. There is a video preview on this page (you have to watch a movie preview b4 the clip plays).

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=money%20gospel&type=feature

2007/3/23 18:59Profile
psalm1

Re: prosperity gospel on 20/20

watched 20/20 video,....very sad,almost sickening.Spirit of greed and glutony on steroids.what is going on?God have mercy on us.And Jesus said".........ye have made it a den of thieves"The other side of all this is;They want to shame all ministries.God is still on His throne......God blessyou,David

2007/3/23 20:05Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:
The other side of all this is;They want to shame all ministries

Yeah, I was just thinking it is good that this is being brought to the light but the true gospel is still not being presented. It will just leave unbelievers thinking this represents the whole. I am listening to Zac Poonan How to Escape Deception that was recommended on the forum earlier today. It would be nice if they could present this on the 20/20 special.

2007/3/23 20:16Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

"How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses." -Jeremiah 5:7

[i]...when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses.[/i]

This passage stood out to me this morning.

2007/3/23 21:36Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: prosperity gospel

"But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the rock of his salvation." -Deuteronomy 32:15

2007/3/23 21:41Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

[i]"But Jeshurun waxed fat, [b]and kicked:[/b] thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the rock of his salvation." -Deuteronomy 32:15[/i]

Reading this verse, often reminds me of a spoiled child. Who has everything and yet is not content. And in his discontentment started kicking and crying around for the next toy and for the next bigger chocolate, although he has ten others and a whole room of toys! And not seeing that the next-door boy doesn't have bread to eat, and a chocolate is a dream for him!
And of course all this is metaphoric and sad reality in the body of Christ.

And here is one not metaphorical example:

http://www.agwaindia.org/orphanage.html

The pastor of that mission is a member of this forum.

2007/3/23 21:59Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

The Prosperity gospel is not the Gospel Of Christ!
It is the sacrifices that was made on the cross,
Jesus's death, buriel and ressurection and assension. this is the gospel " the good news".
If self is in it it is destruction!

2007/3/23 22:25Profile
repentcanada

Re:

This is very grievous, but to be expected. How much longer will God allow His Son to be mocked as such?

A similar story ran in one of Canada's largest newspapers, the Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/News/article/187986

2007/3/23 23:59Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

God will bring it all down in a day. He will not allow it to go on forever. It is a stench in His nostrils.

However, we need to realize that each one of us are unfaithful stewards at times. Just because we might only make twenty or thirty thousand a year, doesn't make us any less accountable to use God provisions for His purposes.

God has been bringing me up short over and over again. I hear you don't need that.

I am reminded of Rees Howells, who wasn't allowed of God to purchase postage to send out Christman cards. God wants us to walk in the understanding that nothing we own is really ours, but a trust to be use at His bidding.

We better be careful not to point the finger unless we point it at ourselves as well.

2007/3/24 0:19Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Just finish watching 20/20, this one wasn't on the prosperity gospel, though it did have ministry watch reports about kenneth copland & a few others including Rod Parsly.
they showed an areial photo of Kenneth coplands home and Fredrick K.Prices home.
Wow, what an eye opener! Now I know whom is really prospering with this another Gospel.

2007/3/24 0:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy