SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 07-07-07

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: 07/07/07

First of all this is an asumption that this isn't God inspired. God may very well have spoken to Lou Engle to do this very thing. We need to be very careful that our bias doesn't cause us bring reproach on what God has initiated. However if someone has a word from God that this isn't Him, let's hear it.

I am blessed, being involved with intercession, to see some folks who want to pray. We have trouble getting more than two people to show up for our weekly prayer meetings.

I say go for it. If God rebukes you for praying, then repent, however I don't think it is likely.

2007/3/24 14:53Profile
Lotis

Re:

The posts regarding this event are SERIOUSLY hurting my heart. Are we so blind as to miss what is happening here? If those of you who oppose this thing (or are even NEUTRAL towards it) would take a few minutes to see what it's all about, you would see that it's AWESOME! Their slogan for the thing is "It's a fast, not a festival." Its not a bunch of kids getting together to make some stupid noise! Man that ticks me off honestly! I am 19 years old and I am going to this with a bunch of my "young unable to grasp real holiness or repentance" friends. This entire thing is about REPENTING for the REBELLION of America!

Did you know that for 40 days the youth who are attending are to fast FOOD and ENTERTAINMENT of all kinds (whether clean or not) to CONSECRATE themselves before appearing before the Lord. The entirety of it is to REPENT for our sins! I'd like to say you are MISSING GOD if you shoving this off! I am offended at how people ASSUME the youth is only into garbage festivals. I couldn't care less what your previous experiences with youth were, STOP JUDGING. WE as the youth of this nation, along with the older generation (WHOM WE NEED BY THE WAY, yes thats right, the youth NEED YOU, we need your WISDOM and your BLESSINGS, not your JUDGMENTS or CURSES) are gathering together to try and bring this nation back to JESUS. They wont even announce WHO is leading worship, or WHO will be speaking/praying, because they want people to come with hearts of FASTING and PRAYER, not seeking MEN or SHOWS! WHAT MORE could you want? I, as a youth, am going after God with everything I can get, and I honestly hope I don't grow up to be like most I see here.

I will be the first youth to admit that we NEED YOU guys (the Older Generation). But for the sake of Elijah, don't shove us away or judge us prematurely. If we need correction, bring us correcting, but do it in LOVE, don't be a jerk. Being a jerk doesn't make you holy, it just makes you a jerk. I'm not speaking about anyone specifically, I'm just saying. The move of God that HAS ALREADY begun, and this revival/harvest that is coming, WILL NOT succeed, unless us (the spiritual children of this generation) are turned towards YOU (the spiritual fathers of this generation) and VISE VERSA. WE need your SUPPORT and we NEED your BLESSINGS! PRAY FOR US AS WE GO TO NASHVILLE!

2007/3/24 14:57Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

/Re: 07/0

Well Lotis, a hardy amen to that. You have my prayers and I hope a whole lot more.

Follow hard after Jesus. Don't look back. By the way I am 53 and agree with what you say about the generations. We all need each other. We old folks need your youthly zeal and fire for Jesus.

Thanks and God bless you.

2007/3/24 15:24Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Lotus,

I read your post and broke down sobbing with empathy. I grieve over the lack of grace found in so many member attitudes found here. I post threads containing the message to balance our fervency with grace and they just get ignored. No one wants to face their lack of Christian love. We seem only to want to whine, complain, point fingers and argue over doctrines that won't matter a hill of beens when all is said and done.

Take heart my friend, there are people here who don't hold to this pattern of condemnation and rejection. Also, please remember that we need your grace as much as you need ours.

In closing let me simply thank you for your love and sacrifice. Your expressed heart is a breath of fresh air. We need you too.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/3/24 16:00Profile
chadster

Re:

Wow...what a breath of fresh air reading Compton, Lotis, Goldminer and John 173! Thank you saints of God! I was ready to give up hope that there were any out there in SI land who could look at this event with other than a critical eye and a judgemental pharasaic attitude!

Thank God, there is yet a remnant! ;-)

2007/3/24 16:21Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
...this revival/harvest that is coming, WILL NOT succeed, unless us (the spiritual children of this generation) are turned towards YOU (the spiritual fathers of this generation)

Beautifully expressed Lotis.

MC

2007/3/24 19:23Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Scripturally if we have spoken words that have hurt, even if unintentionally, we should ask forgiveness of the the person we have injured.

2007/3/25 8:44Profile

Re:

let me see if i got this straight

bob jones prophesized that 100,000 young Christians would gather in Nashville, and so you are making this come true, because it will benefit the true Church.

is this a correct summation?

Bub

2007/3/25 11:58
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Carefully ...

With a great deal of empathy and yet caution ...

Quote:
I'd be interested in feedback from the readership of SI concerning this call to national repetance and crying out to God for Revival.

There can be some misnomers when we are asking and discussing and applying motivations and assumptions here.

I would ask that we be careful, better, prayerful in our responses and in our assumptions. Redundantly, 'we' are the makeup of "this forum". That includes those that make comments about it's readership and members. I believe one of the fallacies here is to judge all things only by what is evident on the main page at any given moment. By design, the topics circulate out from the top down, with the bottom moving off the main page as replies come in.

What that does is to move them 'out of sight' into the forum sections and off the main viewing page. What that means is that an awful lot of content, and that which can be extremely edifying, if not challenging, if not helpful, if not God honoring, gets overlooked.

To let the cat of the bag here somewhat there is a very good reason for postings of even long duration articles from those preachers and teachers of the past ([i]whose faith follow[/i]). Made a mention of this to a brother here privately but another reason for this is the influence of, if I may, some 'eldership' to bring balance and humbling reminders to us all.

But these will not help anyone if they are but glanced at or ignored. That is as difficult to state emphatically as it is to assume in general that it is the case. And that leads into the other area that needs mentioning again. Not everything is responded to and not everything is ignored. I do as a moderator here take a bit of umbrage at slights upon the makeup of this forum because of these perceptions and yes that does include the often poor responses noted in certain replies. However, to cast everything into this light is just as poor. It really boils down to the perception and the contributions.

Please, ask more questions than stating assumptions. Dig a little deeper into the mix of the forum headings. Mix in some of the considerations of these elders presented. Ponder things. Hold ones peace. Pray. Consider others better than ones self, even ones opinion. And consider others opinions without suspicion or imagined motivations.

If we take notice often times what can happen is a forming of click's of those we agree with or those only who have answered to our preconceived ideals.

To shift gears towards the matter at hand. The original question, it did ask for feedback and while I would agree that there is warrant for better if not completely different attitudes in some instances there is a concern that shouldn't be tossed aside as irrelevant. The issue lovegrace brought up does appear to be one of those concerns if this is still a part of the thinking inherent in this ministry for a lack of a better term at the moment. Reading through the link provided at the outset and the accompanying articles it does appear to be sprinkled throughout even if somewhat subtlety. That is not accusation but appears to be something that is part and parcel even if unintentional. I do not know that it is enough to cast the whole of this gathering into disrepute, would echo the same expression;

Quote:
I do believe this event by Lou Engle is good, great, and from God. When isn't fasting and praying?

Perhaps it would be to add that concern to the fasting and praying for this event.

2007/3/25 13:01Profile
Freeman

Re:

Right on, lotis!

I think right about now, in this "Elijah Generation", just as ba'al was being released in his culture, ba'al is being released in our culture-in the media, fashion, etc. but if you really look into ba'al worship, it's everything that's being compromised in the world today-male prostitution- homosexuals make up of only 2% of America's population, and look at what an impact they are making on our nation as we speak. one idol of ba'al had his stomach cut out into a furnace, and the women who served ba'al had to feed their firstborn into ba'al's stomach-demanding the blood of the innocent as worship. Americans every day are worshipping ba'al with the blood sacrifice of the innocent in the horrific act of abortion. and finally, as an act of worship, prophets of ba'al would cut themselves, and today, cutting has been culturized into almost a fashion statement, and most young girls in our schools are controlled by this act of releasing the cry of their hearts through the blood coming out of their wrists. The worst part of it is the church has been a sub-culture of this ba'al spirit with the things Christians entertain themselves with, Christian t-shirts are just a rip off of the secular world, and even our music has been reflective of secular music. Lou Engle knows exactly what he is doing, calling a solemn assembly of fast and prayer to break the ba'al spirit that has so controlled our nation since "the summer of love", "roe v. wade", and since MTV and VH1 have begun to vomet all over the young people of America. but before we can take the head of ba'al over America, we must first get rid of the ba'al in our own lives, with the junk we put before our eyes and entertain ourselves with, etc.

and i couldn't agree more, that we must look to our forefathers for wisdom-they are the reasons for the next revival, and for birthing the salvation of my generation through prayer. i honor all of the older generation, and i owe my life to you. i'll gladly walk hand-in-hand with you, ushering in the presence of God in America.

"Forgive me for my sins, and the sins of this nation. God end abortion, and send revival to America!"

-Lou Engle-

2007/3/25 15:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy