SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what should we wear?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Re: what should we wear?

MyfirstLove said:

Do you believe woman shouldn't wear jeans?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but the Lord dealt with me on the clothing issue many years ago. I don't wear pants/jeans ever, don't cut my hair (no not even for split ends), no make-up or jewellry. (My biggest opponents have been the household of faith.)

NewCovWinDor

Thank you for your post. You have brought out some valid points, it seems the Church has allowed the world to creep in slowly. It is a shame to see that the younger ones really have no knowledge of this issue, and it never gets preached from 99% of pulpits.

Enid wrote:

Can I ask, what is all this 'legalism' people keep referring to?

You know Enid, people have called my way of life 'legalistic'. Quite often it's when they see something in the Word that they don't think they have to follow! (My observations from what other Christians have said to me). For myself the Lord convicted me years ago but I will stress that unless the Lord convicts a person of such things they may not understand fully. I did'nt.

Blessings

2007/3/22 15:57Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

myfirstLove wrote:

Do you believe woman shouldn't wear jeans?

Hi myfirstLove,

If you go back and look at the history of women wearing jeans and pants, you'll see it was birthed out of the women's lib movement.

Jordan

2007/3/22 16:14Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Didn't men wear skirts and long tunics back then too? The men certainly did not start out wearing pants.

I certainly don't wear jeans for femminism. I think a lot of woman who put on pants today do not put it on to be like the men. Surely, I have met a lot of femminist in skirts. And, if some people think that it reveals too much, what about the men wearing pants? Surely the men did not start out wearing pants. If it reveals too much for the woman then it also reveals too much for the men. Maybe we all need to wear long tunics.

I believe a woman should look like woman and men should look like men. Women in pants do not look like men, unless you are a lesbian going for the man look.

Its not the jeans that make the lesbians look like men. Its their WHOLE appearance and how they carry themselves.

Just like a sarong or a kilt does not make a man less manly or look like woman. Its the way they carry themselves and there whole appearance, if they are going for a woman look with all the women trimmings.

2007/3/22 17:23Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Re: what should we wear?

Yes they did wear robes - but there was a difference between the men's and the ladies.

The main thing here is for each of us to take this issue to the Lord. See what He says to you about it.

I'm so happy the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever - He never changes, we always know what He expects of us and where we stand.

Please don't 'slam dunk' me for using this scripture speaking mainly of the hair from memory:

1 Corinthians 11:16
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

We should'nt argue about these matters. I was just curious as to where the brethren stood on the issue.

Blessings

2007/3/22 18:14Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Hi joyinjesus,

I certainly wasn't arguing, but just conversing about the topic.

I'm not going to slam you for putting verses up, only if its going agaist the cross :) I believe I haven't slammed you on any verses that you have shared.

I am also sharing what I believe concerning modesty and dressing.

God bless, Lisa

2007/3/22 18:33Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

I will certainly pray about the pants. I've never felt a conviction about wearing pants. But, then I've never thought about pants being sinful and asking the Lord about it. Pants is just so normal to me because I grew up with it.

I will definetly ask the Lord about it.

I thought the way I was living was fine too, until people started commenting on my things and how nice my house look. Those comments disturbed me so I ask the Lord If I needed to get rid of some things, if the way my house look needed some simplifying. Well, I didn't need to get rid of some things, but alot of things!

So, I will be open On what the Lord says concerning pants. God knows I've been wrong about alot of things I thought was right and have never taken it up to Him.

God bless, Lisa

2007/3/22 19:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Lisa,

Quote:
So, I will be open On what the Lord says concerning pants. God knows I've been wrong about alot of things, I thought was right and have never taken it up to Him.

Your teachable spirit is refreshing...
Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/3/22 22:11Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Re: what should we wear

Sweet Lisa,
I was not referring to you personally with my remarks dear sister. I speak generally to anyone who may read my remarks. It’s not my style to single people out at all.

We are all at different stages of development in our walks with the Lord. Each of us have different things to overcome. My prayer is for God’s plan for each of us will be worked in our lives.

There is nothing wrong with having a nice house - even if we have old things we should look after them, because all things come from the Hand of our Father for us to use. It's just when we allow things to take a prominent place in our lives then we could be in trouble!I can see you have learned that valuable lesson dear sister.

We all grew up with many different ways and ideas, and sometimes it's not until it's mentioned that we begin to think of these things in a different light.

I love to read the posts and am happy that we can all share with each other. I love it that we can pray for each others needs. I love being a part of this wonderful forum – we are all different people. We are unique! What a blessing!
Hugs
Joy

2007/3/22 22:17Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

JoyinJesus, If you knew me back then, I'm sure you would know I had a problem with overly decorating. You can just look inside my house and know that I was into house things. I do believe that its o.k. to have things too and nothing wrong with decorating your house, but mine was an embarrasement to me. The inside of my house did not look simple, but too much. Though the people all gave me compliments about my house, God used those compliments to show me my idols! Imagine compliments being use to convict you!

I wasted a lot of God's money on decorating my house! Much wasted money on things that will perish when it should of been for souls and the gospel!

Now, I feel much freedom living simple, not having any tendencies to add, but being content with what I have left.

God bless you, sis

2007/3/22 22:39Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Was someone praying for me? After telling you all that I would pray about the pants, I went to bed that night not even thinking about the pants thing and woke up with a dream. I dreamt I was wearing mens clothing and did not realize it!

Could the Lord be telling me something??? Or maybe it was just a dream?

Well, my husband was sharing with me recently that he's been feeling uneasy about me wearing pants! coincidence?

I'm asking the Lord for another sign ;-)

Love you all!

2007/3/25 11:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy