SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pre-Trib vs. Post-Trib: Pls Include Scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pre-Trib vs. Post-Trib: Pls Include Scripture

I think I'm a post-tribber; I don't think anyone (except maybe Enoch and Elijah) makes it off the earth any other way than death...

"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other left... And they answered and said unto him, Where Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles (vultures) be gathered together." (LUKE 17:34-37)

"And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? ...and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservents also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled." (REV 6:10-11)

"These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God... and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." (REV 7:14-17)

"And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death... and the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." (REV 12:11-17)

"And it was given unto him (the beast) to make war with the saints, and to overcome them... and cause(s) that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed..." (REV 13:7-15)

"For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy." (REV 16:6)

And finally, "I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands, and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (REV 20:4)

2007/3/20 17:24

Re: Pre-Trib vs. Post-Trib: Pls Include Scripture

Two observations:

1) When we proof text (as you have done) we tend to ignore other parts of scripture which help the text your "proof texting" make sense... and sometimes the parts you're ignoring tend to offer a different interpretation than the one you're trying to put forth.

2) You say "please include scripture", which is great. Scripture is the final authority on all things. Yet, especially in this case, there are so many different thoughts about this subject that what you're going to end up with is a bunch of folks interpretting the same scriptures 3 different ways.

I'm not sure if you're trying to propogate your own thoughts about this subject (which is fine, thats part of why we're here), or if you seeking an answer to something you dont understand. But there never seems to be a definative answer to this issue that satisfies everyone.

I am pre-trib. But I am not dogmatic about it because I have heard some convincing arguments from the other side... but not enough to bring me over.

But ultimately... it makes not one bit of difference what I think about it, or you think about it. God is the One in control, and it's His plan. Our jobs as soldiers in His army is not to worry about the big picture, but rather to be obedient to His command... Go! And make disciples.

So... debate away. Personally I think that although this is an interesting topic, debating it for any length of time is pointless and a waste of time. It's not a sin, moral or salvation issue.

But I'll not judge anyone who does wish to debate it. :-)

Krispy

2007/3/20 17:46
vico

Re: Pre-Trib vs. Post-Trib: Pls Include Scripture

I'm a you-better-be-ready-when-He-comes-tribber :-D

Scriptures:

Luke 12:35-40 "Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

Lu 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Ro 13:11 ¶ And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

2Pe 3:12-14 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

I also believe that one day, my Lord Jesus is coming back to this earth to take me home with Him and I'm going to live with Him for all eternity. I'll be right there beside those angels singing and praising God forever and ever. I'm not too worried about those streets of gold, not too excited about the pearly gates. What gets me going is the thought of seeing my Matchless Saviour (May His name is Blessed) face to face and that i'll be able to give Him the ceaseless praise and glory He deserves! AMEN!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

*sigh*

Right now, i am a son of God, and it hasn't been made clear what i will be, but i know that when He appears I will be like Him, because i will see Him as He is. Since i have this hope within me i am purifying myself even as He is pure. For the Glory of God.

Thats all for now ;-) So let's be ready when He comes.

May the God and Father of our Blessed Lord Jesus increase your hearts that you may be able to receive greater revelation of HIM!

"I... Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:"

Hallelujah Brethren! :lol:

2007/3/20 18:05Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

I tend to agree with Krispy on this one. Debate it all you want. It will unfold according to God's plan regardless of our position. The important thing is to watch and pray. Be found in Him, not having your own righteousness but the righteousness that comes by faith. Make sure there is oil in your lamps. Is debating this helping you to keep your lamp full? Jesus said that no one knows the day or the hour. Even HE didn't know, at least not while on earth. Perhaps the reason we argue over this is that it is hidden. MAYBE we aren't supposed to know!

While I tend to be pretrib, I won't argue the matter a whole lot. I'll simply say this. The context of the Luke 12 verses quoted indicates that life is just going along as usual when the rapture occurs. Somehow this doesn't much sound like the middle or the end of the GREAT tribulation. But that's just me.

On a side note. I do believe that there will be some rather trying times ahead. God has allowed a great deal of suffering to happen to His saints throughout history and I find no reason that we will be exempt.

In Christ

Doug

2007/3/20 18:08Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

"I'm a you-better-be-ready-when-He-comes-tribber"

Amen and Amen.

Vico, you get the best post of the week trophy! IMHO. Very well said indeed.

2007/3/20 18:11Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

vico wrote:
I'm a you-better-be-ready-when-He-comes-tribber :-D

Amen, me, too! In the past, I kind of road the fence on the whole pre/post trib thing, because There is Scripture that can back up both. So, I have determined to just be a [b]you-better-be-ready-when-He-comes-tribber[/b] because in reality, that is the ONLY thing that truly matters!

2007/3/20 18:13Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Could it be true? Four seperate posts with a general cosensus? Here? On SI? Am I seeing things? :-) :-) :-)

2007/3/20 18:16Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

John173 wrote:
IMHO. Very well said indeed.

IMHO? Does this mean In My Humble Opinion?

2007/3/20 18:17Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

John173 wrote:
Could it be true? Four seperate posts with a general cosensus? Here? On SI? Am I seeing things? :-) :-) :-)

Shocking, isn't it!? :-D

2007/3/20 18:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'm a you-better-be-ready-when-He-comes-tribber

Um... where's that in scripture?

I mean, AMEN!!! Hehe.

2007/3/20 18:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy