Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Poor Sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: "tongues"

Quote:

kerrylou wrote:

My sorrow is more for my inability to express myself clearly. I read the word and receive something from God which excites me and causes me to laugh for joy or weep in repentance. Then, when I stand in the pulpit my thinking becomes jumbled; I forget half my meditations; and I stutter and stumble - often wondering why any would listen at all. Yet, by the Spirit of God I always find one who is encouraged, one who is convicted, one who is comforted. Then I thank God that He has chosen the foolishness of my preaching that others might receive faith. For, "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing the Word of God."

Forgive me, friend, if my sermons are poor. I fully accept all responsibility.

Love,

Kerry.

Bless you Kerry!
Quote:

kerrylou wrote:
Hi, Bubba,

I, for one have other reasons for being apologetic for my poor preaching which has nothing to do with subject matter. Right now I am emphasising witnessing; the last three months of last year I was emphasising healing.

My sorrow is more for my inability to express myself clearly. I read the word and receive something from God which excites me and causes me to laugh for joy or weep in repentance. Then, when I stand in the pulpit my thinking becomes jumbled; I forget half my meditations; and I stutter and stumble - often wondering why any would listen at all. Yet, by the Spirit of God I always find one who is encouraged, one who is convicted, one who is comforted. Then I thank God that He has chosen the foolishness of my preaching that others might receive faith. For, "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing the Word of God."

Forgive me, friend, if my sermons are poor. I fully accept all responsibility.

Love,

Kerry.

Bless you Kerry! Carry on preaching, and don't give up!

You can't be as bad, speechwise as a dear old elder I knew. He used to preach in my local church at home sometimes. He had a severe stammer, and it was agony to listen to him, but if you could concentrate long enough he had some good things to say.

He bravely carried on in faith, preaching when required. Gradually, over many months and even several years, his stammer began to decrease until it almost completely disappeared.

He gave glory to God for it, called it his "gift of tongues"!

[i][color=003366]Isaiah 32:Behold, aa king will reign in righteousness,
And princes will rule with justice.
2 A man will be as a hiding place from the wind,
And ba 1cover from the tempest,
As rivers of water in a dry place,
As the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.
3 The eyes of those who see will not be dim,
And the ears of those who hear will listen.
4 Also the heart of the rash will dunderstand knowledge,
And [b]the tongue of the stammerers will be ready to speak plainly.[/b][/color][/i]

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/4/6 8:37

Re:

Quote:

kerrylou wrote:
Hi, Bubba,

It seems to me that preaching about health and wealth can be just as offensive to some. If I write something about healing I can guarantee you someone will come up with a story of one who was not healed. If I talk about God providing someone will be offended and call me a 'prosperity preacher'.

Maybe it depends on where the focus is, and also the needs of those who hear the preaching?

OUr focus of course has to be on the Lord Himself, not the particular theme of a particular sermon or series.

The content only the Lord can guide in. As long as our "storehouse is full of plenty of "the whole counsel of God" then we can bring out whatever He directs, at any given time. Its only when the "store" is full of "junk food" that there is a problem.

No doubt your "store" contains all sorts of good things, not just "cake and candy" like some "prosperity folks" one could name!

Candy could save someone's life if they were starving but its hardly a balanced diet!

In HIm

Jeannette

2007/4/6 8:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy