SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I can run

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I just started reading this thread all the way through and I will pray for you in your hour of need. I have a good friend, Linda, who is sick (several things wrong with her for a long time) and she doesn't know what to do.

I don't know what to tell her, so I pray. She is so discouraged. I told her one thing I know to pray for is that her faith fails her not during this trying time.

One thing I've noticed about Christians and the church AND ME is that we don't like it when the people we pray for are sick longer than we think they should be! (I hope I'm making sense) We are at a loss at what to say or do when our prayers for them are seemingly not answered and we begin to blame them AND therefore we begin to stay away from them or we "forget" them and leave them alone in their time of need.

I have another friend named Daisy who has been sick for 4 years and after about a year, some woman from church (the known prayer warrior) told her bluntly that Daisy didn't have enough faith or she'd been healed by then. I had to pray for myself so that I didn't say anything out of anger to that woman. Then I had to start praying for the other woman!!! LOL

Yesterday, Linda's ex-boyfriend told her that she just needed to rebuke the devil and go on. She cried yesterday after he told her that. To try to get her mind off of that I asked her, "Aren't you glad you broke it off with that idiot?" She smiled and said, "Yes, thank God."

Prayer is all we have Charlene and I know it works! I will be praying for you, Charlene.

God bless,
Lisa

2007/9/13 6:42
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Lisa,

Thank you for you prayers...

Quote:
She is so discouraged

And you said I don't know what to say?

I have been up and down through this. There are many things we can say..
But prayer is the best.. I know how we can become discouraged when it comes to health.
But our hope and joy in is not in how healthy I am but in the fact I have Christ..

Things that Help me through...
Frist knowing Christ in with me, and he will not leave not matter what.

"But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you." isa 43

Somtimes God calls to walk through these trails..
But He is with us Amen... It give me great joy that He is with me..
God is has good reason for all he does..
Can God use sickness for good?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.For as the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts"

And is there delight to suffer? and being sick?
"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead" phil

God is also our comfort in the time of need.
Knowing I can trun to him and hears my crys.
He is kind and loving in the mist of pain.

Having out hope and minds set on Christ
"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."phil

And we are to have joy even in the pain.. For there is greater depth to this. When we really see that God really works all things for good, then it give the hope and joy knowing God is doing in and throug us in the hard time. But it not always easy but a fight to have joy, and much prayer is needed.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing" James

I know now how much a blessing it is when you know that people are praying, even it is a short word. It bless my heart. It stir my heart. There are many times people gave up on me, thinking I should well by now. To many times I have a time lines on my healing. I am sorry only Christ can heal me. No I don't think it cause I don't have faith. I fully know He is able. Not all sickness is from sin, although many are, but not all.

How can you be encouragement to those who are sick. Prayer, is so wonderful and best.
But we can remind them of the word of God to them.

The those who have blessed me the most have been those who got my eyes off me and on Christ. Reminded me to trust in Christ. Who prayed with me, and brought me to the word. and other time those who were willing to just listen.

"Therefore when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left behind at Athens alone, 2and we sent Timothy, our brother and God’s coworker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in your faith, 3that no one be moved by these afflictions"

"For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God, 10as we pray most earnestly night and day that we may see you face to face and supply what is lacking in your faith?"

blessing sister may we love and reach out more to those who are sick..thank you for sharing that we can pray for these friends

charlene

2007/9/15 4:40Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I do have a few prayer needs..

I have been trouble sleeping
I have been having trouble getting the Dr appt
I have been having lost of pains
I have been weak
I have joy
I have the power and grace to pray

Thank you so much

in his love
charlene

2007/9/15 4:44Profile

Re:

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
Lisa,

Thank you for you prayers...
Quote:
She is so discouraged

And you said I don't know what to say?

I have been up and down through this. There are many things we can say..
But prayer is the best.. I know how we can become discouraged when it comes to health.
But our hope and joy in is not in how healthy I am but in the fact I have Christ..

Yes, I have been honest enough to say, "Linda, I don't know what to say." But realize that I told her everything "I" knew to tell her preceding that. (I cannot possibly remember to write down everything when I post a comment!!(huge grin)) Then a few months back, I found it really didn't have anything to do with me, so I told her, "I, Lisa, can't help you or tell you anything magical but I KNOW that you know that Jesus is the answer." Now, I just hold her hand and listen to her when she needs someone to cry to. And we pray.
Quote:
Things that Help me through...
Frist knowing Christ in with me, and he will not leave not matter what.

"But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you." isa 43

Somtimes God calls to walk through these trails..
But He is with us Amen... It give me great joy that He is with me..
God is has good reason for all he does..
Can God use sickness for good?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.For as the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts"

And is there delight to suffer? and being sick?
"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead" phil

God is also our comfort in the time of need.
Knowing I can trun to him and hears my crys.
He is kind and loving in the mist of pain.

Having out hope and minds set on Christ
"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."phil

And we are to have joy even in the pain.. For there is greater depth to this. When we really see that God really works all things for good, then it give the hope and joy knowing God is doing in and throug us in the hard time. But it not always easy but a fight to have joy, and much prayer is needed.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing" James

I know now how much a blessing it is when you know that people are praying, even it is a short word. It bless my heart. It stir my heart. There are many times people gave up on me, thinking I should well by now. To many times I have a time lines on my healing. I am sorry only Christ can heal me. No I don't think it cause I don't have faith. I fully know He is able. Not all sickness is from sin, although many are, but not all.

How can you be encouragement to those who are sick. Prayer, is so wonderful and best.
But we can remind them of the word of God to them.

The those who have blessed me the most have been those who got my eyes off me and on Christ. Reminded me to trust in Christ. Who prayed with me, and brought me to the word. and other time those who were willing to just listen. [edit]

blessing sister may we love and reach out more to those who are sick..thank you for sharing that we can pray for these friends

charlene

Well, it took me replying to you to realize that I have a LOT of friends who are sick in one form or another. I have a friend who's name is Cora and she is bi-polar. I cry when I watch what she goes through, there are certain meds she can't take so many times in her life the last resort for the drs has been electric shock. God just delivered her from 4 more series of them a couple of weeks ago. Please remember her. And she has fear that keeps her from sleeping at night. I really want to see the Lord's will to be done in her life.

But my point is, if I (who lives in a little town in Tennesse) have this many friends who are sick, how many others of us has friends who need us NOT to give up on them and are in dire need of our prayers? And I don't just mean saying, "I'll pray for you." LOL I've never read in the Word where Jesus told someone, "I'm remember you when I'm praying in the mountains in the morning talking to my Father!"

I've found that laying something down (our busyness) and touching them through the laying on of hands (taking their hands in your hands) and praying comforts them so much. I don't evertyhing but I know that prayer changes things when we take the time to actually do it.

Quote:
may we love and reach out more to those who are sick..thank you for sharing that we can pray for these friends

Amen Sister Charlene!!!

[edit] I wrote your prayer needs down on an index card, I will be praying for you. God Bless you.

2007/9/15 7:56
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:
I've found that laying something down (our busyness) and touching them through the laying on of hands (taking their hands in your hands) and praying comforts them so much. I don't evertyhing but I know that prayer changes things when we take the time to actually do it.

Lisa,

How very true this is. I think if we can get to the point where we actually DO this, we will find what a tremendous blessing it is to be allowed into someone’s life, to pray and encourage them. Our world spins so fast that few are willing to slow down enough to really care about the needs of others. I have been guilty of this far too many times myself. Thank you for the reminder sister

Danielle

2007/9/15 8:09Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

It has been a struggle these last two weeks.. I guess. I have never been so weary. When I awake up until I go to bed, everything is hard. Even writing this. Just feel really weak. Although today I feel a little better, but I need Gods mercy to help me. I going to try to work on Thursday. I would like your prayers. I might be having people over Saturday, I will feel well. We are going to try to start a garden.

I praise I have been sleeping well.. Thank you for your prayers.
I praise I have made another DR appt for Oct 1
there is paper work and stuff I have to get done before going, please pray for that.

Just want to say thanks for taking the time to pray.. I was thinking about what Lisa wrote sometimes people forget or think you should be better by some time. I trust Gods timeing is Good. I am very thankful.. I am praying for my brothers and sister here on SI.. May God keep working and growing us deeper. May his holy Spirit come in power to take hold of our lives.
May he gives us humble hearts who love him and fear him..

agian thank you.

May this sickness be used for his glory...

In His love
chalene

2007/9/18 19:26Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I have been going back and forth if I should post. I have so many Negtive thoughts to not post. I have no words but tears. I want to have joy and rest in God through this sickness. I cry out to Him who is my help. I feel like such a fool, that I am not rejoicing at this time.

My blood sguar are high I can't get them to go down. It seems to do this about every three or four months. Last time it lasted 3 weeks. It makes it really hard to read and pray.

May I have wisdom to keep them down. May God give the grace to walk in joy.

thank you
charlene

2007/9/23 22:38Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Oh dear sister, I know…I know.

If you weep, I weep with you. And as I weep I pray, Father comfort my sister. In her weakness, You be her strength. In her sadness, You be her joy. I pray for her healing, but also for this furnace of affliction to do a beautiful refining work in her heart. And so Lord, here we are before You, the only way we know how to be anymore – face down.

My heart is with you sister.

In His love,
Danielle

2007/9/23 22:45Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I want to let you all know you prayers were heard!!! Prasie God. My blood suagr are back down. Please keep praying.

A huge Praise... The last four I have see God working in my health. I am getting stronger and more up and about. It was my prayer I would strong and well to go Ohio. I may not be perfect but he is working in mighty and wonderful ways. He is makeing me stronger everyday. With my blood sugar down I feel I can think.. AGain Thank and please keep praying..
I am going to try to go on a walk in morning..
I have DR appt tomorrow and Oct 1
Still waiting to hear from the DR thats to help get rid of this bug in me.
I have two other DRs I am to make appt with.
Pray I do eat right and go to bed on Time.

again I praise God for what he does. He is a good God...

In His Love
charlene

2007/9/24 18:54Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I have a new Dr tomorrow. Please pray it will not be a wast of time, that I could share Christ, that somthing meanfull would come this time.
I have been two other Drs appt since I have written, more test and such.. Haven't heard anything yet. Blessing in Christ

Thanks
charlene

2007/10/11 0:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy