SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

It makes me so sad how poorly the grace of God is being represented on this thread by a certain individual. If you are younger in the faith and reading this please take careful note that over the past 7 pages scripture after scripture is given to warn us that not everyone who calls Jesus Lord will enter into the kingdom. The person arguing that we can sin our way into heaven has not posted any scripture (that I saw) to back their carnal reasoning. :-(

Hebrews 10:
26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people." 31It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Jesus is mighty to save you from your sin NOT in your sin. If you do not have faith to believe this, what type of faith do you have?

In Him - Jim

2007/3/7 9:10
Isaiah64

Re:

Quote:
You know who Jesus preached the HARDEST to? The "religious" crowd. He called them all kinds of names and judged them. He called them all kinds of nice little word such as, "vipers", "hypocrites", and that's just what they were, and so are you, if you are trying to say your not as rotten and vile as those that claim to be christian but don't look and act as "spiritual" as you. Your just as filthy and wretched as they are brother. If?? your saved, your just a SINNER saved by Grace. That's all you are and that's all you'll ever be. Theres nothing holy about you, or Paul Washer, or the Pope, and if you say you are holy YOU my friend are a HYPOCRITE yes YOU. Brother you can twist scriptuer and try to throw scripture at me all day long but you know i'm right. Paul Washer, if he's reading this message, knows I'm right. Your preaching something that you know in your heart is wrong brother, and you need to get right with God, and I'm telling you that because I know where your at.

Dear J-Bird,

With all due respect, what are you talking about? Not once have I claimed to be more holy than anyone, and neither has Mr. Washer. I agree with you, I've been saved by the Grace of God, no doubt about that. There's nothing good in me--He has clothed me with HIS holiness, He's washed me with His blood and put on me white, spotless robes though all I deserved was his wrath. Growing in holiness means falling in love with Jesus and thus falling out of love with the world and everything it has to offer. It means coming to greater points of surrender in your life and finding more of your rest in Him. It means detesting sin more and more and growing in your desire to do those things which please the Father.

Now, you told me this:
Quote:
Your preaching something that you know in your heart is wrong brother, and you need to get right with God, and I'm telling you that because I know where your at.

Is it wrong to warn a false convert that they're not saved? Many of the parables of Jesus were about false conversion. Scripture clearly calls us to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith.
There's no sin in that; in fact, it's the most loving thing you can do. It's better for them to find out here on earth than on the Day of Judgment when it's too late. If you love someone you will tell them the truth in love. Jonathan Edwards, Joseph Alleine, John Wesley, Charles Finney, Charles Spurgeon, and a great deal of other men whom God has mightily used throughout history have preached on the very same topic that Paul Washer has preached on. Were they also wrong? Had they just not reached the level of spiritual maturity that you have reached? :-(

Jesus commanded us to judge righteous judgment (John 7:24). You have not done this. You have hastily and arrogantly judged brother Washer, his heart, and his MOTIVES without knowing anything about him. This is absolutely wrong, and it grieves my heart so much that you would do this. And you further refuse to listen to correction. This is sin, my brother, and you need to repent of this. You have an angry and critical tone in your posts, and the fact that you would even judge me by saying something like this: "If?? your saved..." saddens me even further.

I kindly ask you to please take some time to pray and fast and seek the Lord about this.
And again, I would recommend you listen to some of Paul Washer's sermons and take a look at his website.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.

2007/3/7 13:47Profile

Re:

Heres four years of depression, doubt, confussion, stress, anxiety, fear, and hell, all summed up in one.
This is what it took me to learn this simple little thing.

Jesus loves you and he died for you. I don't deserve it, you don't deserve it, but he loves you ANYWAY, and theres nothing you or I can do to change that.

By the way them scribes and pharisees used scripture to try to stop Jesus, but he just kept on keeping on. They quoted scripture to him. Hey did you know the scribes could quote the whole Old Testament. That's what they did. Oh!!!! they were sooooo spiritual, so don't even go there brother.

2007/3/7 14:24

Re:

Quote:
Is it wrong to warn a false convert that their not really saved?

:-x EXACTLY!!!!!

Maybe someone needs to warn you that your not really saved? :-?

2007/3/7 14:31

Re:

Quote:
It makes me so sad how poorly the grace of God is being represented on this thread by a certain individual.

8-) ||Wonder who that is? Well boohoohoo, maybe you need to teach me about Grace cause I'm just a dumb ole country boy.

Maybe I should use a quote Paul Washer used in his sermon. "I'm gonna be telling you things you don't understand", WELLLLLL|!!!!!! brother help this poor old country bumpkin understand casue I'm jusa tooo dumb.

:-o :-o

2007/3/7 14:37

Re:

I will not be dragged into name calling, puffing up, foolishness or respond to such posts. If you have sincere questions about the amazing life transforming grace of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all unrightousness then please feel free to PM me. I have no need to defend or puff myself up.

For those younger in the faith who may be reading this, please read and understand the scriptures that I have posted throughout this thread. The precious blood of Christ is powerful enought to set us free from sin, not just to forgive us of it.

Every word I have written in this thread is recorded before man and God, as are yours sir.

-Jim

2007/3/7 15:17
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

id like people to listen to a sermon called

Reality in the Christian Life
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

2007/3/7 15:24Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re: Paul Washer in his own words

Here's Paul Washer in his own words in an interview on Way of The Master Radio:

[url=http://podcast.wayofthemasterradio.com/audio/podcasts/0806/WOTMR-08-10-06-Hour1.mp3]http://podcast.wayofthemasterradio.com/audio/podcasts/0806/WOTMR-08-10-06-Hour1.mp3[/url]

He actually comes across as rather quiet, almost shy.

2007/3/7 16:15Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Jason,

read your signature. Much clanging cymbals are coming out of you. There is much bitternes in your words. Read your posts. It is very obvious that you need healing. This really isn't about Paul Washer, but something else that is buried deep in Jason's heart that is now being exposed.

I agree much with Isaaih64. Please Jason, seek the Lord, allow God to examine your heart and heal you.

Will be praying for you.

2007/3/7 16:29Profile

Re:

Quote:

myfirstLove wrote:
Jason,

read your signature. Much clanging cymbals are coming out of you. There is much bitternes in your words. Read your posts. It is very obvious that you need healing. This really isn't about Paul Washer, but something else that is buried deep in Jason's heart that is now being exposed.

I agree much with Isaaih64. Please Jason, seek the Lord, allow God to examine your heart and heal you.

Will be praying for you.

Hey listen, I helped a stinky old 81 yr. old black lady with a beard and no teeth, and no legs that kept making a sound over and over and over again yesterday. She had feces all over her and she smelled so bad it would make most of you puke. You know what happened. I saw myslef as that. That's all I am. I'm nothing more than a worm. I'm below a worm. A SINNER save by Grace. All I had to do was BELIEVE on Jesus and He saved me.

But that's not enough for you folks. You think youve reached or are reaching some spiritual plateau. You JUDGE others by their works. You really don't get it do you. Well I hope you will. It took me a long time to just touch the surface.

no pain here. Never been happier

I preach AGAINST the hypocrites, and I preach GRACE to the lost sinner.

GRRRRAAAAACCE, GRRRRAAACE, GODS, GRAAAACE

:-P :-P

2007/3/7 17:38

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy