SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Nicknames?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Nicknames?

Interesting thread! Mine is obviously in reference to 1 John 1:7. It was simply a verse that the Lord had deeply impressed on my heart at the time when I joined the forum here. It remains the desire of my heart to walk in the light of the Truth.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/3/2 23:17Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Slugs & Nicknames

I happen to think they are gorgeous, but didn't know Doris was part of their name, you biologist, you.(former)Is it Doris something, or Something Dorisii?

What happened to the Presbyterian Ministry? Blessed retirement? Too much Welsh Rarebit? If it's painful, we can talk about sea slugs.

Is there a bright blue one? And I love the pictures I've seen of Spanish Dancer! I knew just the one you were talking about, because of the frills.

Many Blessings,

Whoops, forgot about the nickname! I'm an internet evangelist, and God told me I was unique, and so it just happened. 8-)

2007/3/3 5:51Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
Also I spent most of my life in Alaska and have panned for gold a number of times in the natural.

in the natural, in Alaska? That sounds a bit cold. 8-)

2007/3/3 6:19Profile
divdasunder

Ohio

Re:

For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.- Heb 4:12
This verse stuck with me. Basically my name says the Word has divided me asunder.

2007/3/3 8:50Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: nicknames

Very funny Taco, and what about your name? :-P

2007/3/3 8:55Profile
taco

Re:

I was trying to think of a nickname and just hit the keyboard TA came up and I just completed it with CO. I love taco fries (french fries with mince taco sauce and cheese)

very deep eh?

2007/3/3 9:11Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

My real name is Hope and I have/am learning to put all my hope, expectation, trust, confidence in Christ for in me and my flesh there is no good thing. Also I think about the old hymn Rock of Ages, cleft for me (Hope) let me hide myself in Thee.
HopeInChrist

2007/3/3 9:15Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re: Nicknames?

Greetings,

My screen name is taken from our home business, New Covenant Window & Door. It's easier for me to remember than something more unique. (You all know how it is trying to keep track of multiple accounts on various websites, I'm sure!) :-)

We chose that name for our company since we strive to operate on the principles of the New Covenant that God has made with us who are in Christ. Some might call our family naive for trying to work that way, but it's been an incredible witness!

We take it from Jeremiah 31:31-32:

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

A good verse to live by:

"Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men."
(Colossians 3:23)

PS-- Glad to finally hear the story, Krispy! My brother (jesusismylrd) and I have really enjoyed a lot of your posts and things... but we never did figure out what your name meant!

2007/3/3 10:17Profile

Re: Wonton?

Quote:

wonserwonton wrote:
Interesting..
Wonser is my last name..

And a friend of mine was trying to figure out how to spell it, 'cause she had only ever heard it--never seen it spelled before. She started off, "W... uh..."
And got stuck. So I continued for her with the "o".. and she said, "W-o-n... like in wonton?!" So she has called me Wonton ever since. Definitely one of my more interesting nicknames.

So I decided to use it as my name here on SI.

What's a wonton? :-?

2007/3/3 18:12

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Ahhh... the wait is over... here I am!

I wish I could say it was something spiritual ... like I was studying Leviticus and was impressed with the burnt sacrifices. But alas... it was nothing spiritual at all... lol.

I was on a hunting / camping trip with a couple of my cousins and some friends one time. I think there were 7 or 8 of us. We were at camp one evening, and I was doing some meat over the camp fire, and it got burnt pretty bad cuz I got distracted and didn't keep the spit turning like it should have been.

Everyone partook of the meat, but someone made the comment, "Mmmm mmmm!! He sure makes some good crispy critters!"

The name has stuck ever since. People in my "un-cyber" life call me Krispy too... not everyone, but those who know me real well.

Krispy

Lol Krispy. Reminds me of a conference I attended. It was self-catering and i burnt the toast one day. The theme of the next talk just [i]happened[/i] to be "The Whole Burnt Offering"

jeannette

2007/3/3 18:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy