SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Nicknames?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Home Free is my favorite song by Legacy Five and it speaks about the troubles we have down here, but then we'll be home free with Jesus in Heaven. Can't wait for that day!

89 is the year I was born in.

Jordan

2007/3/2 13:32Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Uh...Krispy? (This oughta be good)

:-)

2007/3/2 13:43Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Quote:

by PaulWest on 2007/3/2 13:43:46

Uh...Krispy? (This oughta be good)

[color=9900FF]I'm looking forward to this too.[/color] :-P

2007/3/2 13:50Profile

Re: Nicknames?

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
On another forum I chose the nickname "Little Doris" (Doris is from the Greek for "gift"), but people started addressing me as "Doris" which sounds very old fashioned!
Jeannette (LG)

I also originally used "Doris" because its the name of one Genus of a creature called a sea slug, which I find amusing. One species of [i]Doris[/i] is bright yellow with spots, a ring of feathery gills on its back and two little horns - unlike me I hasten to add :-P

Sea slugs are fascinating vcreatures, and usually very colourful compared with garden slugs. One (not a Doris) is called the Spanish Dancer because it has red and white swirly "skirts" and actually does twirl around as if its dancing.

Oops, this isn't the place for a Biology lecture
;-)

2007/3/2 13:53

Re: Nicknames?

Interesting..
Wonser is my last name..

And a friend of mine was trying to figure out how to spell it, 'cause she had only ever heard it--never seen it spelled before. She started off, "W... uh..."
And got stuck. So I continued for her with the "o".. and she said, "W-o-n... like in wonton?!" So she has called me Wonton ever since. Definitely one of my more interesting nicknames.

So I decided to use it as my name here on SI.

2007/3/2 14:00
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: nicknames

Somehow LittleGift with the treasures God brings forth through you I will have an impossible time thinking of you as a slug, sea or any other kind. More like a princess reflecting the King.

2007/3/2 14:02Profile

Re:

Ahhh... the wait is over... here I am!

I wish I could say it was something spiritual ... like I was studying Leviticus and was impressed with the burnt sacrifices. But alas... it was nothing spiritual at all... lol.

I was on a hunting / camping trip with a couple of my cousins and some friends one time. I think there were 7 or 8 of us. We were at camp one evening, and I was doing some meat over the camp fire, and it got burnt pretty bad cuz I got distracted and didn't keep the spit turning like it should have been.

Everyone partook of the meat, but someone made the comment, "Mmmm mmmm!! He sure makes some good crispy critters!"

The name has stuck ever since. People in my "un-cyber" life call me Krispy too... not everyone, but those who know me real well.

Krispy

2007/3/2 14:08
Santana

Re:

Carlos Santana is my idol so I chose Santana.

That was a joke! My last name is Santana.

2007/3/2 14:12Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

My name is Inigo Montoya...

Actually, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

2007/3/2 14:16Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Krispy

Krispy

Quote:
Ahhh... the wait is over

I thought for sure it was in reference to being on fire for God; a burnt but not consumed kinda thing.

I’m getting used to being wrong. The older I get the dumber I….oh well.

TJ

2007/3/2 14:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy