SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: healing

We need to remember it isn't all over until it's over. Ultimately Job was healed and one day Joni may be healed too.

We don't know the end until the end comes. God could be preparing someone with a healing gift to pray over her and set her free from her wheelchair. I do know she may decided she is happy where she is and stay there too. God can use whatever we commit to Him. It would just be wonderful to see her healed. It is also wonderful to see her serving God in her current condition.

2007/2/22 16:55Profile

Re:

I will say this... it is not God's will for us to be sinners. His original intent for us was the Garden.

However, when we fell He put the curse of death on us.

But I think you are wrong to say that it is not God's perfect and sovereign will that Joni be in the condition she is in. Through her condition she has reached millions of people for Christ that should would not have otherwise had the opportunity to do.

Therefore... under the circumstances we are living under (the curse) this was God's perfect will for her life.

It is not God's will to heal everyone who believes. It never was. He doesnt hold back healings because people dont believe because I've known people who were healed who had no faith at all. If you say His will is to heal all who believe... then you must be prepared to say that it is His will NOT to heal those who do not believe.

God is sovereign...

Krispy

2007/2/22 17:07
Provost

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I will say this... it is not God's will for us to be sinners. His original intent for us was the Garden.

Stop right there....we have it...we now know God's perfect will...it's for us to be free of sin...while being free of sin we would have perfect communion with God...in that no sickness...so in heaven, where there is an unhindered manifestation of God's will...there will be no sickness...so put faith debate aside and just look at God's will...God's perfect will is for there to be no sickness at all...so God's perfect will would be perfect health and anything else is not God's perfect will. (I know someone is bound to bring up OT scriptures where God sent plagues on Israel, but they were only sent when Israel was worshiping other gods. And if you question my motives read other posts)

2007/2/22 17:26Profile

"Goddamus"

why that moniker?

I hope Greg reads this, and you reconsider your moniker, select another please.

Not trying to be a tyrant, but cmon brother, whats up?

Goddamus?

please reconsider and register sir.

In Jesus love, neil

2007/2/22 17:29

Krispy

I didnt know about the diabetes, you are frequently in my prayers, and will rest there in my heart.

yes and amen to "God is sovereign".

much love in Messiah Jesus, neil

2007/2/22 17:31

Ben Williams

you wrote:

Quote:
I speak from experience, as I grew up a very resentful and bitter person, to the point that I hated even God.

My heart bleeds for you, because that spirit leaks out onto this forum via your postings, and my brother I have been guilty of such on more than one occasion.

ease up, show Grace, "your opinion", nobody cares about "your opinion". The only thing that really matters is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, everything else is white noise and religious palaber.

ease up dear brother, neil

2007/2/22 17:37

Re: to Ben

Ben, I did say that you [i]come over[/i] as very young. That does sound patronising, I apologise. But at the time it seemed better to say that than that you come over as arrogant! Thinking that you are 100% right in absolutely everything [i]is[/i] often a sign of youth.

I do not despise your youth but am concerned at the damage you are doing to yourself and perhaps others.[/color]

You have the zeal, don't let that grow cold, but let Him deal with whatever it is that makes you so aggressively confrontational.

Love in Him

Jeannette
[/color]

2007/2/22 17:41

Re: Ben Williams

Quote:

bartle wrote:
you wrote:

Quote:
I speak from experience, as I grew up a very resentful and bitter person, to the point that I hated even God.

My heart bleeds for you, because that spirit leaks out onto this forum via your postings, and my brother I have been guilty of such on more than one occasion.

ease up, show Grace, "your opinion", nobody cares about "your opinion". The only thing that really matters is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, everything else is white noise and religious palaber.

ease up dear brother, neil

Thank you so much for this, Neil. I had to edit my last post as a result of what you said. Not that there was anything very bad in it but it was, I now realise, written with a superior, and over "motherly" attitude. "the plank in my own eye" while saying "Let me help you, Brother"!

And I was criticising Ben's attitude! :-(

2007/2/22 17:55
strawrifle

uk

Re:

You said " But if they were to be healed, they could do far more for God than they could in an injured or diseased state."

How do u know?

This as nothing to do with faith, it as everything to do with ur prejudices against disabled people..Your incapable of seeing them as whole,even when i have posted my friend and others feel completely whole as they are..

Have you ever considered these people don't want to be healed,that they consider they have nothing to be healed of,and definatly not to live up to your ideal of normal..Just because someone appears different to you,doesnt mean their body is not perfect to God as they are..

I'm not from America, but i'd say ur very American with its obsession with body perfection..

2007/2/22 17:55Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Sickness vs Healing

Please, everyone, look at Gods word. This is not the only reason but it is a major one.

1 Cor. 11:23-32
For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. [27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

James 5:14-20
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: [15] And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. [16] Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. [17] Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. [18] And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. [19] Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; [20] Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Mark 16:14-18
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. [15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

These signs shall follow them that believe.

Shall does not mean maybe, you either believe
and the signs confirm the word, or you don't and
you make excuses for your unbelief.

In His Love,

pastorfrin

2007/2/22 18:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy