SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Concerning righteousness which is by faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Romans 3:5-23 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes. Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

It is not what man does, it is what God has done in His Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

There is none righteous, no not one. The only righteousness we have is in Christ and nothing else.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

This is not just words of no use, it is the Word of God and the only way to salvation.

John 3:15-19 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

We are dead to sin, only in Christ Jesus our Lord. Christ in you is not a sinner and He overwhelms the sin in us and establishes righteousness by His presence in us, this is what God see's in those that believe, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

We no longer live, we were and are crucified with Christ, it not only was Christ hanging on that cross, but it was all that the Father has given HIM hanging on the tree also. We are as dead to sin as Christ is, by the Faith of Christ that is in us.

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/2/7 14:13Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother Ormly,
Your views are very dangerous as they seem to negate the Cross of Christ. For if man is righteous in and of himself, he does not need a Saviour because he can march right up to Heaven and declare his righteousness to God. Scripture does not ever teach this.
I am concerned for you brother as you make fun of others who are really trying to help you see where you have veered from Biblical truth. It seems as if you are unteachable(I hope not), and very proud of your esoteric view of Scripture.
Now allow me a few questions
1) When did you become a Christian? How do you know you are a Christian?
2) Is the Spirit of God leading you to these conclusions?
3) Could you be wrong in your deductions?

I know you ignored my previous post, and that is fine. If you choose to ignore this one also that is ok as well. But I ask you to test your ideas against Scripture alone(all of it), and be careful because even Satan can transform himself into an angel of light.

2007/2/7 14:38Profile

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying His blood doesn't cover the sins of the righteous in the world who never have the opportunity to receive the gospel of the news of the Kingdom of God?

This phrase is mind-boggling because you are insinuating that there are righteous people in this world who have never heard the gospel of Christ.

This is not Biblical and is heretical. Yes, the blood of Christ covers the sins of the righteous. But, the blood does not cover an adult who has never heard the gospel.

That's not even heretical, thats ignorance of the knowledge of the blood of Jesus Christ..

Quote:
You are saying that there are people in this world who are saved but have not heard about Christ. You state that they worship God with the limited knowledge they possess. Can these people be Hindu, Muslim, Mormon, etc.?

Ormly, as your brother in Christ I must tell you that you have strayed from sound doctrine in this thinking.

They can be anything you consider them to be except, unrighteous from God's perspective, the realization of which, you don't seem to have in your knowledge base..

1Jn 2:2KJV
Christ is our advocate..... and theirs.

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

God is the judge of their righteousnes, not you or I.

You might ponder what this verse[s] has to say before going further in your condemnation of me:

Rev 20:12,15 KJV
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. ...... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Works are mentioned here. What works other than works of righteousness covered by the Blood of the Lamb because the Justice of God and His Holiness, gives permission to it?

2007/2/7 14:39

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
Brother Ormly,
Your views are very dangerous as they seem to negate the Cross of Christ.

For if man is righteous in and of himself, he does not need a Saviour because he can march right up to Heaven and declare his righteousness to God. Scripture does not ever teach this.
I am concerned for you brother as you make fun of others who are really trying to help you see where you have veered from Biblical truth. It seems as if you are unteachable(I hope not), and very proud of your esoteric view of Scripture.
Now allow me a few questions
1) When did you become a Christian? How do you know you are a Christian?

Quote:
2) Is the Spirit of God leading you to these conclusions?

Yes. I have an ongoing love affair with the Father
24-7

Quote:
3) Could you be wrong in your deductions?

No.

Quote:
I know you ignored my previous post, and that is fine. If you choose to ignore this one also that is ok as well. But I ask you to test your ideas against Scripture alone(all of it), and be careful because even Satan can transform himself into an angel of light.

If you all can't make proper distinctions, there can be no discussion. I'll simply make my remarks and you all can deal with them any way you choose. Words mean somethiong. I really don't believe any of you know how to read ... words that is.

I know who I am and I know my love affair with the Father is a sure foundation.

2007/2/7 14:48
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I really don't believe any of you know how to read ... words that is.

:-? ?

2007/2/7 15:00Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I really don't believe any of you know how to read ... words that is.

:eek:

2007/2/7 15:08Profile

Re:

Grace, the overflowing of the Nature of God and now the Blood of Jesus Christ as the peace maker, both given as gifts to all mankind. Who can it lite upon to make acceptable in the sight of God, except the righteous who see Him and those who have waited in the grave, to be set free. Even those who know not His name. However, the unrighteous, who remain so, never

2007/2/7 15:13
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

You didn't answer my question about how you know you are a Christian.

Where are you headed with your beliefs?
Do you believe the whole world will be saved?

Your response was not in love brother, but in the same mocking tone that does not bear evidence of the Spirit. Why don't you have anything edifying to add to this conversation?

2007/2/7 15:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
You didn't answer my question about how you know you are a Christian.

Where are you headed with your beliefs?
Do you believe the whole world will be saved?

Your response was not in love brother, but in the same mocking tone that does not bear evidence of the Spirit. Why don't you have anything edifying to add to this conversation?

I answered more than your question, twister of words..and I would offer more if I saw a brother to offer to. I hope you can grasp that as the best you will receive.

2007/2/7 15:30
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
twister of words..

This is uncalled for. Why are you acting like this?

2007/2/7 15:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy