SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dream of Apostasy - Prophetic Warning - Judgment is HERE!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro c52

what about this from Joel 2?

[b]28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.[/b]

:-?

2007/1/22 19:51Profile

Re:

Greetings all,

There are way too many responses for me to personally respond to right now. But I just want to make some clarifications.

First of all, as I said at the beginning, I do not expect anyone to just "accept" this word without questioning it with clear scripture and the witness of the Spirit. The Word commands us to: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thes 5:21)- I expect all to test this word and prove this word and hold fast to it if it's truly good, and I believe it is. And right before that, scripture says, "Despise not prophesyings" (1 Thes 5:20).

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man" - Did the people repent in Noah's day when he preached? Are we living in the last days? If we're living in the last days, which the Apostles clearly said would be apostate, then we are living in times of hard-heartedness just like in Noah's day. Much scripture clearly backs this up.

Lastly, I do not claim to be a prophet. But I do believe this message is prophetic. Take it as you will, but I believe it is undeniably obvious in light of the times we're living in and the clear witness of Scripture.

Here are a few replies I received that I think I'd like to share with you all:

Quote:
Hi bro., What you've dreamed I've seen. I have preached to congregations where a holy hush and dead quiet happens as God searches the hearts of those present. I don't get asked back to thoughs fellowships. I don't preach condemnation either, simple holiness, obedience and faith, all done in love and humility. I'm convinced that the church wants entertainment, I have had a difficult time getting meetings and have had to take work outside of the churches, I've come to the conclusion that the organized churches don't want revival.

Quote:
your article "dream of apostasy" brought tears to my eyes; for my family and I continue to search for a church to call home we seem to find one then the Lord pushes us on. For its hard not to see the "complacancy and apathy" which abides there. Or the extreme wealth which is there God. This article has driven me this night by the Holy Spirit to grab my wife by the hand and go to our knees in prayer and cry out to the Lord for time waxes short we are in the great "falling away". I stand with you in Christ brother preach on and pray that the Lord gives me the boldness to stand in opposition to the church of today and speak with conviction. I as you grew up as well a pentecostal in the Lord and the church has went apostate!!

Quote:
Yes you spoke the Words of the Lord Jesus right. For He has spoken them to me also. He has also spoken and told me that there were two revivials that were going on and that if His people were not keeping there eyes on Him they too would be drawn into what the conterfit was doing. For they love to hear a good word, even if it is not of the Lord. He has said that where darkness is grace will that much more abound. I asked Him why? And He gave me a very simple answer.
When there is even one light on in a room, and all else is dark. That light will show up from very far off. That in this time of great darkness He will be the calling card. He will be the becan to the lost. When just you stand a lone with the light of Jesus, He will be the one as you speek to show them His light.

Josef, at first the Lord told me about two years ago now that He was takeing the Church from the church. Now He is saying two different revivials are here. One that calls to the true Chruch and one that makes the soul happy with lieing words and big talks about how much He loves you, even with no truth. The Lords Words to me have never been many but what He says is strong.

See if what is spoken comes to pass. The Lord has spead up time and what once took many years is only takeing a few. If He did not do this not one person would be able to stand.

I hope the original message doesn't harden people, or cause them to give up. It's meant to be a clear trumpet call to DESPERATION - to seek God in fasting and praying NOW while there is still time! It's a hard word, yes, but it's a message of HOPE that there's still time if we get desperate to see the Lord move in power and seek His face until he revives us.

2007/1/22 20:15

Re:

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall decieve the very elect... But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (MATT 24:24-36)

I've corresponded with this Urban fellow, and he sent me an article by Andrew Strom. In the article, Strom speaks about his revision of the Salvation Army and that instead of camoflauge he had ordered SWAT uniforms for his "soldiers". Strom also boasted about being a musician and writing and producing his own street ministry videos.

If adopting the ways of Egypt, Babylon, the Persians, and others cursed Israel and led to her desolation - what is the end of Strom's "street ministry" that adopts SWAT uniforms and a "militant" attitude? Can one adopt the methods of violence in service of the Prince of Peace? Can we take the "visions" of such people seriously?

I have no beef against Urban, but I find the methods of the people he "runs with" questionable.

2007/1/22 20:17

Re:

Nevermind the fact that Urban just quoted all the people that agreed with him in a cocky "I told you so" sort of way.

Josef, where's your humility?

2007/1/22 20:20

Re:

Interesting, Corey, because in your original email to me, you started by saying:

[i]"Blessings be with you, Brother Josef.

I read your article on SermonIndex.net (SI) and wholeheartedly agree with your argument and conclusions as to what needs to be done."[/i]

So much for quoting the people who agree with me right, seeing that just a day ago YOU were one of them??? And not only did you clearly say you agree, but that you [b]wholehearedly[/b] agree!

Regarding Andrew Strom, you are attacking a servant of God while being totally ignorant of what he was talking about. I suggest you visit his site: www.revivalschool.com and actually examine his teachings and what he stands for before you attack him.

2007/1/22 20:43
Spitfire

Re: this thread

This thread and the turn it has taken is the very thing that is causing me such despair. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I'm having a really hard time coming to this site or going to church or anything. I just want to die.

2007/1/22 21:01Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
This thread and the turn it has taken is the very thing that is causing me such despair. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I'm having a really hard time coming to this site or going to church or anything. I just want to die.

I agree - it terrible to see people attack and pick apart a clear word from the Lord that stands up to Scripture. This is a timely prophetic warning and clear call for repentance.

What would we do with a Finney, Whitefield or Wesley or even a Ravenhill if they were to visit this forum today??? The sad thing is that most would pick apart, come against and hate the hard words of warning, correction and repentance they speak. This is sad - truly sad!

How quick would the thread get locked if George Fox was to start posting???

2007/1/22 21:17Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

The featured quote fits perfect. As is always the case, "be careful what you ask for - you just might get it" and how often we hate it when we get it.

Sermonindex featured quote - [b]"We desperately need seers who can see through the mist, Christian leaders with with prophetic vision. Unless they come soon it will be too late for this generation."[/b]

-A.W. Tozer (1897-1963)

2007/1/22 21:30Profile
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re:Joel 3:28-32

Who is the prophet speaking to here? He is comforting Zion, His chosen people, Israel. As in Acts 2:14-21, the audience of Peter was Jewish. There will be a future fulfillment of this prophecy. How do we know that?, because the great and terrible day of the Lord has not occured. Most commentators believe that this will occur at the end of the Church age, or, if you will, this age of grace which we now inhabit. As always, I claim no special revelation in this matter.

2007/1/22 21:47Profile
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re: this thread, Spitfire...

Dispair is good for you, hang in there...

2007/1/22 21:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy