Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Entire Sanctification...Part 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

My time is very limited today so I will be brief.

When one is truly converted, he has the ability through the blood of Jesus not to sin. That's what some would call initial sanctification. Entire sanctification is simply that place when the old nature is cut off.

We're never immune from temptation but the inclination to sin is removed. That's a very brief explanation.

2007/1/3 13:02Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother wrote:

Quote:
Entire sanctification is simply that place when the old nature is cut off.

When according to Scripture does this occur?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/1/3 23:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Only when Jesus replaces it with Himself.

Quote:

""
"In the process of sanctification, the Spirit of God will strip me down until there is nothing left but myself, and that is the place of death." Oswald ""

That is the Place of Life. The less I become the more He becomes. Life in Christ, not death in self. I die daily to self and live daily to Christ. "The life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God" "It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me",,That Is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory". So, Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

The old man is dead, crucified with Christ, and yet we life. We live in Christ by the Father's Seed in the Power teaching of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/1/4 1:25Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
That is the Place of Life. The less I become the more He becomes. Life in Christ, not death in self. I die daily to self and life daily to Christ. "The life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God" "It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me",,That Is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

John 8:31

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

Is entire sanctification then a moment in time or a life lived by faith learning precept upon precept, line upon line of His word?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/1/6 9:35Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Sanctification made for us by God in Jesus Christ. This is the instant we are saved.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

Paul is using a sentence of death by others as the same sentence of death we all have upon us, until we are delivered from death by God, saved by the Christ that is in us. This is a past tense delivered, It is past from the very instant we are born again. Then the doth deliver, is now, the will deliver is future. The Now is our mind, the will is our physical resurrection.

Sanctified, being sanctified and will be sanctified.

In Christ: Phillip

Hbr 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Christ is made our sanctification. Is this not what this scripture says? 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: Does this say something I am missing? If Christ is made by God to be our sanctification, how when we are saved with The Fullness of God in us, by the Spirit of Christ, we not be sanctified at that moment of His birth in us? Christ in us is also progressive in our soul, and body. In Spirit it is done once.

2007/1/7 6:12Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Christ in us is also progressive in our soul, and body. In Spirit it is done once.

As you have quoted from 1 Corinthians 1, the brethren were in Christ according to Paul...

1Cor. 1:4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, 5 that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, 7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Yet, even though the "testimony of Christ was confirmed in..." them, they struggled in many ways. This is not the picture that I would see of one who says he has been "entirely sanctified."

Paul says to them...

1Cor. 4:15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Why are things not coming together for the Corinthians who have the testimony of Christ in them?

God Bless

Jeff

2007/1/8 3:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy