SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The SIN of FORBIDDING the GIFTS

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re: This is a good thread

Anyways, I still will not deny that the doctrines taught by Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyers, and TD Jakes are heretical. Benny says there are nine parts in the Trinity (three bodies, souls, and spirits)
- Joyce says that if you don't believe that Christ went to hell for three days that you can't be saved- TD Jakes denies the Trinity. To deny that these are heresies are to deny the faith.

I'm not saying I would burn them... I don't know why you've come to that conclusion. The punishment they get is up to God.

Deuteronomy 32:35
"Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;Their foot shall slip in due time; For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things to come hasten upon them.’"

My Resources:

http://www.discernment.org/faithhealers/benny.htm

Quote:
Joyve Meyers:
"There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place. He became your substitute and took all the punishment you deserve. He bore all your sins. He paid the dept you owe...Jesus went to hell for you. He died for you. He paid for your sins." (Page 43, 1996-Edition, "The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make")

http://www.afcministry.com/Joyce_Meyers.htm
Quote:
TD Jakes: "The Trinity, the term Trinity, is not a biblical term, to begin with. It's a theological description for something that is so beyond human comprehension that I'm not sure that we can totally hold God to a numerical system. The Lord said, "Behold, O Israel, the Lord thy God is one, and beside Him there is no other." When God got ready to make a man that looked like Him, He didn't make three. He made one man. However, that one man had three parts. He was body, soul and spirit. We have one God, but He is Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in regeneration." (Click Here for this information) This is the same as what the United Pentecostal Church International states concerning their doctrines on who God is and their beliefs concerning the Trinity.

http://www.afcministry.com/T_D_Jakes_Examined.htm

2006/12/13 18:40Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

i guarantee you if you talked to these people about their doctrines you would find your opinions about their doctrines are out of context and poorly educated. Denying the trinity?! Thats a joke!

I think your teaching is false gracealone. You take the power and livelihood out of the church with these doctrines.

What do i think carnal christianity is?

I think carnal christianity is when a person lives by their own selves and not by the spirit. I think a carnal christian uses their own wisdom and abilities to do the work of the ministry. A work which is not meant for human ability, but supernatural ability.

But ye shall receive POWER after that the holy spirit has come upon you.

That word power is the greek word dunamis and means strenght, power, or ability.

You lack the working of the Holy Spirits fulness in your life, and you lack much ability. Because even christ didn't do his ministry by his own strength, what makes you think you can?

Thats carnal christianity, a church that, without the holy spirits presence, wouldn't be changed at all. If you took the Holy Spirit out of your church, would anything even change? or would anybody even notice? Thats a carnal church, a church that does it themselves without the power of the Spirit.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and GREATER works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

This says "HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME" not "you 12 apostles." "HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME"

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mr 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mr 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Once again, "THEM THAT BELIEVE"

Any believer can do these things, if they BELIEVE You don't do them, because you don't believe you can.

2006/12/13 19:01Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Quote:
I think your teaching is false gracealone. You take the power and livelihood out of the church with these doctrines.

What doctrine have I said that take the power out of the church? The power of the church is Christ.

The whole taking up serpants thing is addressed in the verse before that one.

Mark 16
14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

2006/12/13 19:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""Ephesians 5:18 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; These that Paul are speaking to are told to be filled with the Holy Spirit, they are already saved, but they can still not be filled with the Spirt by not doing what they are told to do, and doing what they are told not to do,

Would you agree? If this is a qustion to bring up Calvinistic doctrines, go ahead I’m probably more Calvanistic than you.
God Bless, Josh""

This is not an admonition for the believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit by his own works or thoughts. What does a man have to do with the filling of the Holy Spirit? This is an admonition not to use strong drink for anything pertaining to spreading the Gospel or working out problems with family or friends. This is specifically spelled out in the rest of Gal 5.
But be filled with the Spirit. The Holy Spirit. How much more appropriate to Christians than to be filled with the spirit of intoxication and revelry! Let Christians, when about to indulge in a glass of wine, think of this admonition. Let them remember that their bodies is and should be displayed to others as the temple of the Holy Ghost, rather than a receptacle for intoxicating drinks. Was any man ever made a better Christian by the use of wine? Was any minister ever better fitted to counsel an anxious sinner, or to pray, or to preach the gospel, by the use of intoxicating drinks? Let the history of wine-drinking and inteperate clergymen answer.

This has nothing to do with what we do in the infilling of the Holy Spirit but how we should treat that infilling. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
If we are not full of the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Jesus Christ we are not saved. Check out the word "filled" in the Greek.

4137. pleroo
Search for G4137 in KJVSL
plhrow pleroo play-ro'-o

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:--accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply

It has nothing to do with what we do, the filling is already accomplished, executed in the office of the Holy Spirit, finished the task by the answered prayer of Jesus Christ to the Father. John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
The Holy Spirit will not overrule a believers decision to not act like he is filled with the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is a Lamb and will act like a Lamb, it is our responsibility to obey Christ and listen to the Holy Spirit, but we cannot get anymore of the Holy Spirit than we already received at our new birth, just like Jesus Christ that is now our new life, we cannot get anymore of Him either, we can know that we now have the mind of Christ and renewing it to His mind is the Work of the Holy Spirit, our Teacher and Comforter in Union with the Comfort of Jesus Christ and His Yoke that is in us.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/12/13 19:27Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Gracealone wrote

Quote:
What doctrine have I said that take the power out of the church? The power of the church is Christ.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the holy ghost has come upon you,"

The Holy Ghost is the power of the church to do ministry. This is clear and blatantly obvious in the entire N.T. The Holy Spirit gives gifts severally as He wills.

Why do you think the Holy Spirit is here? Its not just to sanctify and teach us, but also to confirm Christ and His Word through us by signs and wonder.

1co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2006/12/13 19:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This is the only sign that will check all other signs,

Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

"The sign of the prophet Jonas," means the sign or evidence which was given to the people of Nineveh that he was from God--to wit, that he had been miraculously preserved, and was therefore divinely commissioned. The word Jonas is the Greek way of writing the Hebrew word Jonah, as Elias is for Elijah.

This is the test of all signs, evidenced in the people that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and from The Living God our Father, that He was miraculously resurrected unto ascension and coming back in the believer, and this was the Plan of God the Father Divinely Commissioned and finished on the Cross. Anything else is of the devil.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.

You see there are Heavenly and earthly signs and wonders, the Heavenly ordained by God the earthly by Satan.

Rom 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

2Cr 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Hbr 2:4 God also bearing [them] witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

By Satan an angle of light, by God through the Holy Spirit by the Christ that is in us.

Test all things, In Christ: Phillip

2006/12/13 21:46Profile
EVAVGELIST

PERRIS CA

Re:

The problem that most people have when sharing different views about bible doctrine is terminology. When you say baptized in the Holy Spirit are you referring to what the Apostle Paul means when he uses the term? Or are you referring to the modern classical Pentecostal view by like Charles Parham? When you speak to the Universal Church (Christians from all different backgrounds) you can not just assume everyone knows the terms within your own group.

Yes it is true that the apostles wanted people to be baptized in one body by the Spirit. This happens at salvation. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit ARE WE ALL baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. It is also true that the Apostles wanted believers to receive a dynamic infilling (baptism of the Holy Spirit) after being saved. This is evident through the whole book of Acts.

>This is not an admonition for the believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit by his own works or thoughts.

Eph, 5:18b BE FILLED with the Spirit. This is not a suggestion, it is a direct command. (Verb imperative passive 2nd person plural. Not only does Paul tell you what to do but he also tells you how it might look; just keep reading the text. Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. ECT

Let me ask you a question. I will talk in Pentecostal terms for the sake of understanding. If someone in your Church receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and never shows up to your Church again (because they decided to be filled with wine, fornication, stealing, killing) are they still Spirit filled? Oh, they spoke in tongues, they might even show up once in a while and shout AMEN; but are they Spirit filled? Can someone who at one time received the baptism quench the Spirit to the point where they are not filled? KJV Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. What if you do not obey Gods Word?, “Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that YE PRESENT YOUR BODIES A LIVING SACRIFICE, HOLY, ACCEPTABLE UNTO GOD, which is your reasonable service. I do not care how much a person has spoken in tongues. If they live a life of SIN: THEY ARE NOT SPIRIT FILLED, Oh they might believe in the biblical doctrine of being Spirit filled but that doesn’t mean anything.

Opps, I will use common terms, If someone has the Spirit in your Church, has all the fruits of the Holy Spirit studies the Word, confessed Christ as Lord and Savior and then decides to be a person who lies all the time, is very lustful, and always in the flesh. Are they Spirit filled? If they live a life of SIN: THEY ARE NOT SPIRIT FILLED.

Christians that do not practice what the Bible teaches are the carnal Christians.

I used the Eph 5:18 to show that there is more than just having the Spirit but the possibility of being filled. There is a difference from having the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit comes at conversion when you are born again. This is the down payment of our inheritance. Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

This is what it means to just have the dwelling of the Spirit.

When I use the term dynamic infillings of the Holy Spirit, I mean after someone is already saved and has the Holy Spirit, yet, they receive other infillings after conversion.

You said if you are not full of the Spirit you are not saved; and then you quoted a Greek word. If you want to take a word that can mean different things in different contexts, do me a favor don’t add a word in a verse that is not there, and tell me to look it up. You look it up and show me the word filled/full. The Greek words in the context are, “pneuma theo oikeo” “The Spirit of God dwell”. Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God DWELL IN YOU. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The point is this, there is more than the Spirit dwelling in someone, there is also the possibility of dynamic infillings of the Spirit.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and BEGAN TO SPEAK WITH OTHER TONGUES, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, AND THEY SPAKE THE WORD OF GOD WITH BOLDNESS.

Acts 13:52 And the DISCIPLES WERE FILLED WITH JOY, ANE THE HOLY GHOST.

Acts 19:2 He said unto them, HAVE YE RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT (The dynamic infilling) SINCE YE BELIEVED? And they said unto him, we have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. (Dynamic infilling)

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they SPAKE IN TONGUES, AND PROPHESIED.

You can see in these Scriptures that these dynamic infillings of the Holy Spirit happened to people who were already saved. If they were already filled there would be no reason to add, “And they were filled with the Holy Spirit and…….”

About the Comforter, Yes he does dwell in us and he abides in us forever. Like I said, not just to dwell in us. But to fill us will dynamic infillings for ministry.

About Matthew 12:39-40 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to IT, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The adulterous generation was their generation and they received their sign. A lot of groups try to say we must be evil because we seek signs. We don’t seek signs; we preach the gospel and signs follow us. Some will say we don’t need signs anymore we see that JESUS is the sign. The problem with this thinking is signs happened all through the New Testament after the sign of Jonas.

I remember years ago in Texas we went to do a ministry event and all the sudden this man approaches me and asks if I would pray healing for his Son. (I was surprised because I consider myself a nobody and the place was filled with well known preachers) So, I looked at his Son in a wheelchair and hooked up to a breathing machine. The father tells me I have one desire that my Son would be able to play like other children. We began praying and the compassion off God fell upon us and the Spirit of God moved on the young boy. We left right after that, we would jump from event to event and right back to the airport. One year later we were back in the same part of Texas and this father hunts us down. He began to share how we prayed for his Son, (I tried to remember because in one year we would see and pray for thousands) but when I asked to see his Son he pointed and said he’s over there. When I looked I seen a few kids playing, and then it hit me, “I have one desire that my Son would be able to play like other kids” I remembered it all, this father came to thank us for praying for his Son. God heal that boy and his word still remains, “Mark 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall LAY HANDS ON THE SICK, AND THEY SHALL RECOVER.

BE FILLED,
Josh

2006/12/14 4:04Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

I'm not denying the Holy Spirit. As a matter of fact I experience many things that only the Spirit can do.

John 16:8
And when He (the Holy Spirit) has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Read John MacArthur on the subject of Eph 5:18:

And the contrast in that verse, as you see it there, "Do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit," it's quite dramatic and remarkable contrast. If you just pick up the book of Ephesians and read that, you might stop and say, "Well why in the world would he contrast drunkenness with being filled with the Spirit? What is the point here? When a person is drunk, they've lost control of themselves and they wander around in an out of control kind of behavior. Is he saying I want you to be out of control but not by wine but by the Holy Spirit? What is he saying here? I want you to yield up the control of your faculties to the Holy Spirit rather than to wine? Why make such a comparison?

Well the answer is found in a bit of the historical context. Let me give you a little bit of background. Ephesus, of course, was in Asia Minor and was dominated by Hellenistic or Greek culture called Hellenistic from the Greek word hellene which means Gentiles. But the Greeks believed that the great god Zeus, they, of course, had a pantheon of gods and Zeus was one of the formidable ones, they believed that the great god Zeus had given birth to a son. And that it had occurred in a very unusual way. And I'll give you a little of the background. They believed that the child was snatched from the womb of its mother, and its mother's name in Greek mythology is Semele. And the child was snatched from the womb of Semele while Semele was being incinerated because she got too close to the burning glory of Zeus. I don't know how Zeus produced this child in her in the mythology but in some way he did it without destroying her but when she sought to get too close to him, she became incinerated and in order to preserve the child of Zeus, the child was snatched out of her womb during her incineration. The child-god who had not yet come to full term was then sown into the thigh of Zeus and kept there until time to be born. That stretches your imagination.

So here is Zeus with this fetus in some point of formation sewn into his thigh. The infant god destined by Zeus to be the world ruler was born eventually out of the thigh of Zeus and then kidnapped by the envious Titans. Titans were called in Greek mythology sons of earth. They took the child, the Titans did, this child of Zeus, tore the child limb from limb, cooked it and ate it. But Zeus found the heart, according to the mythology, revived it and it was reborn as Dionysius. Now if you ever study Greek mythology you come across the name Dionysius quite frequently. Zeus found the heart, swallowed it and eventually the heart formed into the personality of Dionysius and was reborn.

Zeus then blasted the Titans with lightning, incinerating all of them from whom...whose ashes all of humanity came. So that's their creation story. Dionysius was then really someone beyond humanity because all of humanity just rose out of the ashes of the Titans and Dionysius along with Zeus was a god.

Dionysius then, according to Greek mythology, spawned a religion, a religion of ecstasy, ectasia(?) and emotionalism. And the Dionysian cult, this religion of ecstasy and emotionalism, this frenzied kind of religion, saturated the Greek and Roman world. The Dionysian cult was a debauched form of worship and a popular, a dominant form.

The worshipers committed atrocities with human organs. They engaged in orgies of sexual perversion, along with music and dancing and feasting. But there was one common element to all of the Dionysian debacle and that was drunkenness...drunkenness. In fact, if you ever circulate in the Middle East or in the ancient Roman world, you will see Dionysius associated with grapes. When there is a statue or a tribute to Dionysius, some monument to Dionysius, it is always marked out by clusters of grapes because he became known as the god of wine.

The Greek name of Dionysius became in the Roman language, Latin, Bacchus. And Bacchus is the Roman god of wine. When people engaged in these unbelievable drunken brawls, they were called Bacchanalian feasts. And if you've studied any of that, that's a familiar term even today. Take your dictionary out and look up Bacchanalia and it will say a drunken orgy.

The key element then, the key element in pagan worship was drunkenness. That's how...that's how they got their inhibitions out. That's how they dealt with their normal restraint. That's how they dealt with normal feelings of guilt. That's how they dulled their senses sufficiently to quiet their conscience. That's how they dispelled their anxiety and fear and guilt over such vile behavior as they engaged in. That's how they induced a kind of giddiness that substituted for real joy and just catapulted them in to this kind of horrible behavior. They did it by getting drunk and losing all their inhibitions.

So they believed that drunkenness was simply the door into ecstasy, the door into religious expression. And at such drunkenness elevated the believer, the worshiper, to total communion with the deities. So drunkenness was the key to worship, to communion to the deities. The more inebriated they were the more likely they were to get in to the ectasia(?) and enthusiasmos(?), two Greek words, ecstasy and enthusiasm, that spoke about these horrifying often demonic kind of activities.

Now go back to verse 18, it takes on different meaning in the light of that context. He is saying to them do not get drunk with wine, all that does is produce dissipation. All that does is take you down. If you want to commune with God, be filled with the Spirit. Our religion is not brought about in its fullness and its richness and its reality by drunkenness but rather by the filling of the Spirit. Don't be filled with alcohol, be filled with the Holy Spirit. Literally, be being kept continuously filled by the Spirit.

If you want true religion, if you want true communion with God, if you want true worship to take place, if you want godly living, if you want to please God, then you must be filled with the Spirit...not controlled by alcohol but controlled by the Holy Spirit. The parallel to this is in Colossians 3:16 where instead of saying be filled with the Spirit, Paul says let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly because that's really the same thing. When the Word of Christ dominates your life and you respond in obedience to it, it's the same as being controlled by the Holy Spirit, of course, who is the author of Scripture. Obedience to the Word is being filled with the Spirit. It's not some kind of mystical experience. It's not some kind of ecstatic thing. It's not something that comes over you and catapults you into some unconscious behavior. It's not being knocked over into a dead faint, as you see so often on television. It's not launching off into some ecstatic speech. It's not going out of yourself or being beyond control. It simply is to be continuously controlled by the Spirit who does it through the Word and that means we are obeying the truth.

Now look at verses 19 and 20. "Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord." Let me tell you something. Where the Spirit of God controls a life, where there's a life devoted to the Word of God and obedience to the Word of God, there is praise...that's the first thing. There is praise. And I suppose obviously we could conclude that a worshiping life, a praising life comes from a heart that is filled with joy. It's this simple. You give me an obedient person, obedient to the Word of God, I'll show you a positive, happy, praising, worshiping person whose heart is filled with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, who is singing and making melody in his heart to the Lord, and I'll show you a person who can get along with anybody because they're lost in wonder, love and praise because they're worshiping the Lord.

Does this make sense to you?

2006/12/14 10:50Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine , wherein is excess ; but be filled with the Spirit ;

filled

Check out the word "filled" in the Greek.

4137. pleroo
Search for G4137 in KJVSL
plhrow pleroo play-ro'-o

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:--accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply

Accomplish the filling that has already taken place and leave strong drink behind. You are already fill with the Holy Spirit at birth, (that is our, new birth, in Christ Jesus by the Seed of the Father.)

If I already have the airplane I cannot accomplish flying by getting drunk and flapping my wings. I must use the airplane. Same for the Holy Spirit that is already in us.

I am not Pentecostal are you? I don't speak in languages, do you? I am born again into Christ and Christ into me, and by His Prayer to the Father, The Father has put the Holy Spirit in me and He will be with me forever.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I agree you can grieve the Holy Spirit, but that does not change His capacity by draining or filling of the Holy Spirit by my actions. Jesus Christ is a Person and the Holy Spirit is a Person and you cannot get just part of a Person or you don't have Him at all. If I grieve the Holy Spirit I must repent and ask for forgiveness and agree with God that I am wrong.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/12/14 22:38Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: The SIN of FORBIDDING the GIFTS

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Just do it. What I mean is ask as Jesus said to do.

2006/12/14 23:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy