SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ted Haggard...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

If the Church would spend as much time praying as it did trying to win favour with politicians imagine what could be done.
To somehow suppose that God approves of our foreign policy is to create a god in your own image.
Remember the cross of Christ obliterates everything that is natural. This means political parties, national pride. There is no longer republican, or democrat but there is one new man in Christ. If you refuse a brother or sister equal standing because of their political beliefs, then you have much deeper spiritual issues that should be addressed. The last election vicerated the body of Christ because so many were brainwashed by a good PR scheme. Let us not forget that people were kicked out of chruches not because of unrepented sin, but because they favoured Kerry over Bush.
Brother I pray that the eyes of you understanding would be opened, because all that is seemingly good with the Evangelical Right is a smoke screen for other agendas. That is why Bush could sign a bill giving money to Planned Parenthood, and also start a division of the Homeland Security Department to monitor any Church that is 501c3 incorporated. You shall know them by their fruit, not by their speeches, or their professions.

2006/11/6 17:31Profile

come on Steve

as I said before, I'm in a show with 10 non-believers, you gonna lecture on me "being unequally yoked"? I'm not married to them, its my workplace.

Jeff's "workplace" has those guys with him, its his workplace....where do you work?....where do any of ya'll work?.....there's many non believers, you WORK with somebody....now marriage thats a different story....

thats why I'm single, besides being as ugly as green painted fire hydrant, I'm only gonna marry a Godly woman, THATS (God willing) who I will yoke up with.

I was sticking up for my friend, you would do the same, and as far as "counseling" Jeff....no no no....thats his pastor's job.

neil

2006/11/6 17:38
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy
you're so right in saying that there is gross sin in the camp and God is going to expose it all. Judgement does begin at the House of God, it begins with those of us who are believers whether we are backslidden or not. We are thoroughly deserving of it all because the world speaks so evily of God on our account.

Let those of us who heed the SPirit of God REPENT, REPENT, REPENT OR WE WILL SURELY DIE!!!

2006/11/6 17:57Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

As Greg has mentioned in the past... this isn't a political site or thread, so I won't go any further either. In my post, I was merely defending Focus on the Family and New Life Church. I understand that there will always be differences of opinion about any organization, but there are still good moral values that hold fast to the Truth of Scripture that eminates from both ministries. Have you ever heard of the Truth Project produced by FOTF, or any of the other good products that are Biblically sound?
Also, my references to politics was to only say that we as Christians should still be involved in prayer and voting... that's all... I wasn't trying lean towards any party... I was just mentioning a few jokers who ended up being democrates.

Anyways....

We can all learn something from Pastor Ted's situation, and that is that we will all be accountable for our actions and our sins, whether they will be brought to light while we are on this earth, or before God on Judgement Day!

2006/11/6 18:00Profile
dohzman

Re: politics and preachers????

I had an understanding of something I've prayed about for the last 15 years, just a couple of weeks ago. I won't go into detail, but I saw the statue of Liberty face down, now I understand that God in his judgement is going to judge our idol named american liberty, or freedom. He will use our government to do this, and the fall of big name christians will help to put into place all the pieces. Jn 6 tells us that the people saw the miracle of the bread and fishes and went to take Jesus and make Him thier King, that's the trouble with us, we are always seeking a king instead of God who takes the hearts of Kings and turns it like rivers of waters which ever way He wills. I feel such sadness over the way politics exploites christianity, but worse, the lack of discernment within the christian community over the hidden things of the hearts of men. The puritians used to say that ones desires can and will bribe the true godly discernment one ought to have and exercise at all times.

2006/11/6 18:13Profile
Compton

Re:

Found this list and couldn't help but see the possibilities of Foxworthy being a Christian....

If he was a dispensationalist his act may go something like this....

…You might be a Dispensationalist
1. If more than one of your children is named Ryrie, Chafer or Darby…
2. If you get excited when you see a sentence with a parenthesis…
3. If you license plate reads: “IM PR TRB”…
4. If you believe the musical “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” contains an apocalyptic message…
5. If your bedroom, office and car all have sky-lights…
6. If you have ever stated: “Well, Lindsey said…”
7. If there are more underlined sentences in your copy of “Late Great Planet Earth” than in your Bible…
8. If you own a copy of “Late Great Planet Earth”…
9. If you consider Tommy Ice an authority on anything…
10. If your Pastor gives a sermon exclusively from the New Scofield Bible study notes…
11. If you’ve eve had more than three candidates for the AntiChrist at one time…
12. If you think Saddam Hussein’s name means 666 in more than three languages…
13. If you took Hal Lindsey’s advice twenty years ago not to make any long term plans and are now broke, uneducated and in a dead-end job…
14. If bar-codes make you nervous…
15. If you’ve only been a Christian for one year and your Pastor has preached through the book of Revelation more than two times…
16. If you make sure there’s at least one non-Christian pilot on every flight you take…
17. If your church has adopted the 60’s song “Up, Up and Away” as a hymn…
18. If you think the Ryrie Study Bible notes are part of the original autographs…
19. If you’ve already forgotten the last wrongly predicted date of the rapture…
20. If you already know the next predicted date for the rapture…
21. If you’re still suspicious about Gorbachev’s birthMARK…
22. If you believe that Grant Jeffrey, Tommy Ice, Dave Hunt or Hal Lindsey is a theologian…
23. If you know the location of the European Central Bank…
24. If you’ve ruined more than five records trying to find backward messages…
25. If you count trampoline aerobics as “Rapture Practice” in your morning devotions…
26. If you think Texe Marrs’ books belong in the theology section of your local Christian bookstore…
27. If you never stand on your head out of the fear that the rapture will send you the wrong direction…
28. If your baby’s stroller has a break-away sun bonnet…
29. If you always chew gum so your ears won’t pop at the rapture…
30. If you can name more dispensations than commandments…
31. If Clarence Larkin is your favorite artist…
32. If you know who Clarence Larkin is…
33. If your children’s favorite game is Pre-Trib-Hide-and-Seek, “Now you see me, now you don’t”…
34. If you think the four millennial positions are: Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib and Liberal…
35. If your favorite party game is “Pin the tail on the Beast”…
36. If your favorite CrackerJacks prize is a temporary tattoo of the Mark of the Beast…
37. If you think John Walvoord, CI Scofield and J N Darby are some of the Church Fathers…
38. If your favorite one-volume commentary on the Bible is on “The Bible Code”… (Jon B.)
39. If your favorite multi-volume commentary on this morning’s newspaper is the Bible…(Jane D.

(My apologies to Jeff Foxworthy...)

MC

2006/11/6 18:29Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

what gets me is where were the other pastors?, did no one see the sin in the leadership of the church. or did they just turn a blind eye or a deaf ear. it is hard to believe that for 3 years none saw or heard the sin in the camp. where were the nathans? did God not show this sin to anyone in the church, where were the watchman? were men afarid to make waves in such a large church and disrupt the ride. we should ask the leaders in the church "Are we truly our brothers keeper?"

2006/11/6 18:35Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:what aileth thee, in the valley of vision?

Hi brother Mike(Compton),

Quote:
I am sad. At this point some may want to medicate my sadness with some bit of wisdom or alternative perspective but I think for now I''ll prefer to be sad. Considering our sorry state I think it's the only sane response.

Dear brother, I read something today and it made me think of this you wrote above.

From the prophet Isaiah

[b][color=000000]Therefore said I,[/color][/b]

Quote:
[b][color=000000] Look away from me; I will weep bitterly, labour not to comfort me, because of the spoiling of the daughter of my people[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000]for...[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000] it is a day of trouble, and of treading down,[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000] and of perplexity[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000]by the Lord God of hosts [/color][/b]

[i]Selah[/i]

[b][color=000000]in the valley of vision[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000] breaking down the walls[/color][/b]

[b][color=000000] and of crying to the mountains[/color][/b]

[i]Selah[/i]

Perhaps if I could, I would ask the prophet: how is it that

Quote:
[b][color=000000]thy slain men are not slain with the sword, nor dead in battle[/color][/b]

and...

Quote:
[b][color=000000]thy rulers are fled together...bound by the archers?[/color][/b]

is it because...

Quote:
[b][color=000000]in that day did the Lord God of hosts call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth[/color][/b]

Quote:
[b][color=000000]And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.[/color][/b]

would to God we all had more tears than

[b]great swelling words[/b]

[b]and answers[/b]

lest it be said of us too

[b][color=000033]Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you...[/color][/b]

...[b][color=000000] till ye die[/color][/b]

2006/11/6 18:44Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

andres wrote:
what gets me is where were the other pastors?, did no one see the sin in the leadership of the church. or did they just turn a blind eye or a deaf ear. it is hard to believe that for 3 years none saw or heard the sin in the camp. where were the nathans? did God not show this sin to anyone in the church, where were the watchman? were men afarid to make waves in such a large church and disrupt the ride. we should ask the leaders in the church "Are we truly our brothers keeper?"

I don't know if my former pastor was in the sin for three years, that has not been brought to light yet, even so, he hid it VERY WELL. He's had a number of pastor's around him for pretty much every year of his ministry, this was just something unseen, as he was also very outspoken against the things he was struggling with himself most recently.

2006/11/6 18:45Profile
Jaime

Lodi,Ohio

Re:

Hi Benbrokeway,
May the LORD bless you and keep you.
I just wanted to ask you,
When did David Hogan preached at this church?
I heard Hogan in one of his sermons say that he preached at this church.
I just wonder what happened to the gift of discerning spirits,especially in a charismatic church where supposedly the gifts freely flow.
Thank you.
Jaime.

2006/11/6 19:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy