SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ted Haggard...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
IWantAnguish

Re: he's not saved

just like mel gibson... he makes great statements, but hasn't given his own life to Jesus...

similar to many of us i believe...

he says the right words, makes many offerings, but his heart is what God is after, a sincere, contrite spirit.

he must confess his sin / agree with God's position against his sin, and throw it away...

holding onto one's sin is very much like holding onto a hungry tiger that's on a frayed leash...

2006/11/6 16:48Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Do you think the reason there is so little accountability is because there is no sense of "community"?

I think you hit the nail on the head. If you look at the Church in Acts, they were together every day. They were friends, who were bound by the cause, and person of Christ. There are not too many secrets you can keep from those whom you see all the time. That is why wives always have a different idea of their husbands than do others.
But also, as the Church our lives are really not different than most non-believers. We go about our "religious" activities, and that is that compartment of that day, but come Monday there are other more important compartments, or slices of the pie. People live such compartmenatilized lives that there is not room for anyone else. I mean after all, I just saw sister Jane yesterday and brother Joe and I had fellowship in the restroom after service. :) But then it's back to MY house, MY kids, MY job, etc. etc.!

2006/11/6 16:49Profile

roaringlamb...slow down

Quote:
These men are not godly, they use foul language, and also how is this beneficial to Christ?

I know Jeff Foxworthy personally, and I can testify to you that he is a follower of Jesus, and that he does NOT go blue on tour, is faithful to his wife, and a Godly man. I know Billy Engvall also, but I do not know where he stands with the Lord, and I do not know "Larry the Cable Guy" at all, but your wrong about Jeff.

as far as it being "beneficial" to Christ, who knows, aint my thang.....but look at this whole thread....Ted Haggard doing a dance with the politcal powers of this world, a political party that bills itself as the "party of faith", and God is pulling the mask off it all, and ya'll don't see the big picture, do ya?

Jeff Foxworthy is a born again follower of Jesus, and a Godly man.

bartle

2006/11/6 16:55
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: roaringlamb...slow down

Brother Bartle err Neil, first I wanted to ask you how your production went that you asked us to pray for awhile ago?
Now also, if Jeff Foxworthy is a Christian, why woul he do a show that has crude, and sexual jokes. This is from the DVD Ad, and the PG-13 rating it received?
Plus, do you ever do any work in Minneapolis? Because my wife's uncle runs a little theater there, where they do some pretty interesting productions.

2006/11/6 17:01Profile

Ben Brockway

I'm sorry about your pastor, truly am, but maybe what your temple oughta consider is quit fooling around in the realm of the caesar, that is politics.

Thats what you all should consider at New Life, would to God deal with "Focus on the Family", and the whole brood of "evangelicals", to wit, religious right....expose it all.

Tommorrow's the day.

2006/11/6 17:02
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

But ya know, you dont see many "mega-churches" that are preaching the hard truth of scripture. If they did they wouldnt be "mega-churches"... they would be churches of about 100 people.

"Itching ears" abound.

Krispy

Hey, my friend, be careful. I agree that many mega-churches are such as you say, but I grew more in the Lord through the hlep of the leadership at Pastor Haggard's church then when my dad was preaching many years ago with a 120 person congregation. It's through New Life Church, The Furnace, and the School of Worship (the latter two are associated with NLC) that the Lord has led me to a place of seeking revival and the constant need for prayer.

2006/11/6 17:08Profile
BenBrockway

Re: Ben Brockway

Quote:

bartle wrote:
I'm sorry about your pastor, truly am, but maybe what your temple oughta consider is quit fooling around in the realm of the caesar, that is politics.

Thats what you all should consider at New Life, would to God deal with "Focus on the Family", and the whole brood of "evangelicals", to wit, religious right....expose it all.

Tommorrow's the day.

As a Focus employee, I have to disagree. Just because, as Christians, we call on America to do the right thing and to seek God as we debate over leadership for our country, doesn't mean it is wrong. If we, as Christians don't step in, we will get jokers like Clinton, Kerry, and Clinton again.

2006/11/6 17:14Profile

roaringlamb

sorry brother......Jeff came to Christ, and I could tell you stuff, but its not appropriate on a public forum. He's a Godly man, a dear friend and colleague, we shared many laughs, much joy, and he blessed my career more than anybody other than God and my current producers.

God's hand is all over the play that I'm doing, we have done the impossible, we have been running for eight months now, not only to packed out houses, but have managed to always make our payroll, which for a 90 seat house is unheard of...meaning EVERYONE involved gets paid, which is unheard of....its a true miracle....

Now I'm surrounded by ten to fifteen people who are totally ungodly.....love them all, as Christ loves, but I can only imagine what Jeff goes thru, the world of stand up comics is just filthy and blue, but Jeff even before conversion never went there. The only reason, I was even admitted to the show, (coz I'm not a stand-up comic) was because God gifted me with being a good character actor, and I know the mindset of a "redneck", and was funny, but I can't tell jokes.

God bless you for your prayers, they and the Holy Ghost have been the only things that have kept me going.

I love Jeff very much, he will always have a special place in my heart, and I do pray that he be a light in the midst of a dark world.

I understand what you were saying, I don't like that or any style of stand up comedy, to me, its foul and nasty. But I love Jeff.

as I love you, forgive me for getting harsh, neil

ps....check the Chicago Suntimes online tommorrow, look for a columnist named "Sneed", I think shes gonna say some great things about my show.......talk about Favor of the Lord...she was quite taken, and the beauty is, there is an intense Gospel message within the play...I wrote it that way.....

2006/11/6 17:17

Ben Brockway

You don't want to go there with me. I have a very good "pen", sharp wit, and in the leading of the Holy Spirit, am seeing things very very clearly....BUT...

I am in submission to Greg's leadership on this site, and he asked me not to engage in political discussions on this website.

so thats all I'm gonna say on that.

2006/11/6 17:22

Re: roaringlamb

I refuse to judge Foxworthy's salvation. I will say this tho... he is constantly on tour with Larry the Cable Guy, and that other dude who has the persona of being an alcoholic... and neither of them honor God at ALL with their humor.

If you know Foxworthy personally then perhaps you should councel him concerning being unequally yoked... and what he is promoting to people, since he is the headliner on that show.

Also... I think this thread should stick with Ted Haggard. We're gettin off course here.

Krispy

2006/11/6 17:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy