SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The 50-YEAR CYCLE of AWAKENINGS in AMERICA - URGENT!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Andrew_Strom wrote:

Big question - do you think there is ENOUGH PRAYER going on in America today to see an outpouring?

-Andrew Strom.

Heck no. Can God still use it? Yes, after all He is God, but I think we need more pray-ers and intercessors.

2006/11/6 15:53Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
Big question - do you think there is ENOUGH PRAYER going on in America today to see an outpouring?

No, I think if there already was we would already see it. I remember read about William Seymour from Azuza Street and that he was praying two hours a day for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and endowment with power from on high. After continuing this for a time and still not receiving the Lord told his to pray MORE. He them starting praying five hours every day until eventually he received the baptism and endowment he sought. We need to have that same holy hunger after the Lord and if we don't see it them we need to pray MORE and MORE and MORE until we do. If you pray one hour a day then start praying two and if you pray two hours a day then start praying three. There is no other option - we have no other choice but to pray more and more until we receive what we are seeking REVIVAL!!!!!

Andrew Murray has a great book on prayer I am sure many of you have heard of and read called "With Christ In The School Of Prayer" If it has been a while it worth a re-read and if you have never read it it worth the time to read - You can read it for free here -

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/murray/prayer.html

2006/11/6 15:59Profile
Rahman

Re:

Andrew_Strom wrote:
"Big question - do you think there is ENOUGH PRAYER going on in America today to see an outpouring?"

Not yet.

2006/11/6 16:07Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If you pray one hour a day then start praying two and if you pray two hours a day then start praying three. There is no other option - we have no other choice but to pray more and more until we receive what we are seeking REVIVAL!!!!!

Prayer is certainly vital, but I have been wondering of late if there may be some other reason why we have not seen revival. A LOT of prayer has gone up from a LOT of people and still revival terries.

The pattern in the Old Testament is that the FIRE fell once the sacrifice was placed on the altar and the 'conditions' were met. I seriously wonder if we realize that it was David's revelation of the enormity of his sin as a leader that ultimately brought on the building of the altar, the purchase of Ornan's threshing floor and the eventual construction of the Temple. The Temple was built in an atmosphere of thankfulness for the judgment hand of God being stayed at Mount Moriah.

You will recall that David numbered Israel at a time when God was going to send judgment upon Israel. Satan apparently came before the Lord and sought to 'test' David. In this David failed and God judgment came upon the people and David. On the people for their iniquity and on David for his ambitions apart from God (if I might just summarize). When judgment came he pleaded with God to STOP and bring judgment on him and his house. 70,000 were dead and David wanted the judgment to go to him and not the people. God stayed the hand of the angel at Ornan's threshing floor. It is here that David gets a revelation of how bad his sin is and how merciful God is. He was the leader and he sinned. he did not cover it up and he did not call it a mistake. He did not hide behind anything- he stepped out and took responsibility for what he had done. He humbled himself as a sinner before God and praised and thanked God for His mercy.

This is the beginning of REVIVAL. When we stop acting like we are sinless and perfect and thank God for His mercy and grace. When we do as David and build an altar to a merciful and good God. When we recognize that it is not our goodness that keeps us spared, but His mercy that we are not consumed. Without this revelation there will be no altar and without the altar there will be no sacrifice and without the sacrifice there can be NO fire and without the fire there can be no real 'on fire' builders of the Temple. Fire falls when an acceptable sacrifice is placed on the altar (Romans 12:1).

Men don't see revival when they look up to heaven and declare their perfection before Him. Men see God move when they say, "Woe is me for I am undone I am a man of unclean lips and walk among a people of unclean lips." It is then when God says- "Who will go for Us?" and it is then that we can declare, "Here am I SEND me." There will never be revival until we see our lost and lowly estate before God. Not just the sinners in the streets and the churches- but US, but ME, MYSELF and I.

2006/11/6 16:43Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Amen Mr. Wurtz

2006/11/6 16:58Profile
kdbutton

Re:

How many intercessors and prayer preceeded the Welsh Revival? The Revival of the 1830's? The Asuza Street Revival? Any other Great Awakening? How about Pentecost? How much is enough?

2006/11/6 19:03Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

Jerusalem had 120 praying for 10 days.

Other cities also required much prayer.

Wales had multitudes of "prayer circles".

What we need is one place with a breakthrough.

-Andrew Strom.

2006/11/6 21:15Profile
dohzman

Re:

I believe America only needs one completely sold out individual interceeding to see revival.

2006/11/6 22:08Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

Hmmm. Difficult to agree with that.

Maybe a small loclised move - yes.

-Andrew.

2006/11/7 0:28Profile
dohzman

Re:

It'll only take one person to start the awakening but that one person will have had to intercede through and die to self through 3 of America's main idols (strong men).

2006/11/7 4:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy