SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: the letter - it killeth(clarification)

Hi everyone.

For the sake of clarity, and for those who might read or have read it, I want to make it certain that the post which I submitted in this thread titled 'the letter - it killeth' was in response to the [b][u]original[/b][/u] topic of this thread, that being Ray Comfort appearing on a TV program with Joyce Meyer.

God forbid that I should ever persuade men from obeying the Words of His Mouth!

Still, the Lord Jesus said

Quote:
[b][color=660033]Judge not according to the appearance[/color][/b]

Quote:
[b][color=660033]but judge righteous judgment[/color][/b]

and so I would yet ask

Quote:
Brothers and sisters, is this not our need today as well? Are we not also in danger of judging only according to the letter and failing to follow after the Spirit?

I do not direct this at anyone but I remember just now too how the Lord Jesus also said

Quote:
[b][color=660033]But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless[/color][/b]

Peace be with you all in Messiah Jesus

2006/10/29 10:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
but judge righteous judgment

Joyce Meyer took many into Rwanda and visited [b]every[/b] jail in the country that holds over 70,000 inmates mostly from the genocide's that happened in 100 days were 1 million people were killed mostly with axes, knifes and clubs.

After ministering to the 70,000 for 4 days 14,000 comitted their lifes to Christ.

Hearing from a minister that is in Rwanda (pentecostal) preaching the word of God in truth, he states that the country has never been so impacted by Joyce Meyer's ministry coming there.

Now brothers and sisters, I desire to see true apostolic Christianity amongst the masses but we have to rejoice and understand that God's will is being done through many means and ways. God used Joyce Meyer's ministry to touch Rwanda! did we go? no.

It is very easy to defend the faith and jump on every heresy but Christ did not die so we could defend him. He died so people could LIVE! and proclaim forgiveness and freedom from Sin through the Cross and Ressurection.

2006/10/29 16:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Perhaps to add to the matter of judging ...

One thing about this fellowship, never judge a thread by it's cover :-) It is remarkable the things that one might find ...

Quote:
But I am also filling my mind with material that makes all the dazzle of the TV show look pathetically pale. It is a testimony of: Rosalind GoForth – her book, [url=http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Promises/I_Know_God_Answers.html]How I Know God Answers Prayer[/url]
The value of this testimony is measureless, and yet, it is FREE.

I highly recommend that you fill your minds with this kind of material. Even reading the contents page will stir the smoldering embers of your faith.

Diane, thank you kindly!

2006/10/29 23:41Profile

Re:

Yes Greg, I appreciate your observation. Yes, sometime God may use the "exception" to accomplish a goal. However He does not want it to become the "rule".

I am not going to judge her salvation but I would like to remind that many "wonderful works done in His name" does not necessarly equal according to His will.

What would be awesome to see is Joyce Meyer repenting of her rebellion against God and His word, the scripture. Repenting of her taking authority over men.

That she would "de-masculate" herself.

That she would say something like,

"I have long resisted the scriptures concerning my proper place in Gods authority structure. But if I am to be a faithful servant I must bend the knee to what God says". I will no longer teach men but rather women, as Gods word says.I believe even greater blessings await me and the christian world by my changing my view on this subject. As always it can't be about "me" and Joyce meyers ministry. Rather it must always be about Him and his ways.

Now something like that would be so powerful!
perhaps someday it will happen.
God bless, John

2006/10/30 5:22
kdbutton

Re:

Quote:
That she would "de-masculate" herself.

Not sure what you mean John.

2006/10/30 6:47Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
we have to rejoice and understand that God's will is being done through many means and ways. God used Joyce Meyer's ministry to touch Rwanda!

May God be praised; and may every man be silenced!
Diane

2006/10/30 7:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
After ministering to the 70,000 for 4 days 14,000 comitted their lifes to Christ.

Her humanitarianism notwithstanding, what yardstick is used to measure commitment to Christ that she could boast of 14,000? I am reminded of this scripture: Jesus answered them and said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. John 6:26 (NASB-U)

Orm

2006/10/30 7:11

Re:

Concerning the "de-masculate"

Primarly, that she is standing in the role of pastor/teacher(masculine role) excercising authority over men.

Secondarly, I have heard a few women comment that she even acts and sounds masculine in her delivery.

To anyone coming in please read my previous 3 posts in this thread to get my full context on this topic.
God bless, John

2006/10/30 7:55
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Concerning the "de-masculate"

John, This is something Christ does this in his children. And so, "In Christ there is neither male nor female" I am crucified. It is no longer me who live, but Christ in me. Neither is my gender relevent to the work of the Spirit.

In Christ, no one has any authority but by what is given by him. All other authority is usurped.

Quote:
That she would say something like...

Of course, you are not God. God has plenty for her to repent of (as for ALL of us). She is accountatble to HIM, not any man's expectations.

If you read the autobiography I posted earlier, you will see that God was constantly calling Rosalind Goforth to repent. It was an integral part of her life journey.

Can you be blessed by THAT woman's testimony?

Diane

2006/10/30 8:01Profile

Re:

Then I think based upon scripture she has ,"usurped" the the headship authority established by God in the new test. Spec 1 cor 11.

I don't know if he has "plenty" or little for her to repent of. What I wrote was a "suggestion" or a "picture" of what repentence in this area might sound and look like..

As I have said previously. I consider my wife and many other women of the faith far more spiritual and hence a blessing, than I am.
God bless, John

2006/10/30 8:15

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy