SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Matt

Quote:
I am not being judgemental, only concerned. Remember that a little leaven, leavens the whole lump...and this is NOT taken out of context, and I am afraid Ray and Kirk are heading in that same direction, and you bet I will be praying for them.

this got me thinking bro...if a little leaven leavens the whole lump, i wonder how much each of us has been influenced by a false doctrine/teaching irrespective of whether we see it as big or small. none of us here at every moment of the day says and does right,we all fall short in one way or another yet God still uses us...obviously we have exposed to some extent the false teachings of this woman, but what of our own? she is in violation of certain scriptures which Krispy pointed out, but what scriptures are we ourselves in violation of?ought we not do more than pray in such an instance? doesn't the word tell us in James 2
[b]14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. F7 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without F8 thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? [/b]

so beyond the exposition of these things, what shall we do?bro Krispy said "there comes a time when we must shake the dust of our feet" that got me thinking bro...where would i be if God had shaken the dust off His feet with regard to me?where would you be bro Krispy? where would we all be?surely if God put up with our mess and foolishness (and continues to do so) it should not be a hard thing to bear with our brethren and continue to reprove and correct as we are led...how many times have i been corrected?how many times have you?how many times has God corrected us all...repeatedly so even for the same thing for years...whoa, i got 2 words...AMAZING GRACE...

if we do nothing more for our sister, and she is our sister for we all believe on Christ, than expose and not reprove, what kind of brethren are we?

there are some people i know who have learned a lot through Jocye Meyer because God has spoken through her. just as surely as He has spoken through each of us at one point or other even through a minute after He got done using our tongue for His glory, we turned around and used out tongue to curse someone...or to lie...

i don't know about y'all but God is really busting some things down for me with this thread...bless Him for that.

2006/10/28 1:14Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Krispy

Quote:
To answer IRONMAN... I am not afraid to confront any false teacher. I've done so in several situations, and even in our own house church network where as an Elder it's my responsibility. If I was afraid of people blasting me publicly do you think I would say 90% of the things I do on this forum?? LOL...

i didn't think you were, you seemed a bit hesitant to tackle this one so i asked. it is one thing to speak on the boards and get blasted...and i know you know like i do, it's another mission when you get blasted to your face... ;-)

love yu bro and this thread has really got me thinking...

2006/10/28 1:19Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

sis Dorcas

Quote:
But, you do ASSUME that Joyce Meyer is not in subjection to anyone, don't you? Isn't this the only way you can deduce she has usurped authority?

whoa...something to think about...

Quote:
If what she teaches is unscriptural, or you have any other complaint against her ministry, that is a different problem; on those factors, many men shouldn't be in ministry either.....

ouch...never thought of that...

Quote:
Do you submit to me, Krispy, in the equality which makes submission possible (according to Oswald Chambers)?

now that's heavy...some things to chew on here sis...lots to chew on.

2006/10/28 1:23Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

sis Dorcas

Quote:
Note: I am not talking about a non-Christian setting out to expound scripture.... I'm just saying that God uses 'people' to communicate His heart and truth to His children who are listening for His voice.

thanks for clarifying that part of what i felt led to say. it may have come across like i was advocating non-Christians expounding on scripture.

2006/10/28 1:31Profile
Imimaginary

Re: Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Quote:

sonofadam777 wrote:
Did anyone watch the episode with Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer's TV program?

Here is the link to watch online.

[url=http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/TV/Archive/20061027.htm]Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer[/url]

I did not watch the interview yet, but, I will in a bit... Thank you for the link!

First I'd like to share a link to the text of a sermon by David Wilkerson called "A Friend of Sinners". You can find it at worldchallenge.org

I have read this thread and it reminded me of this sermon because in it Pastor David speaks about false teachers and our duty as christians.

here's the address:
http://www.worldchallenge.org/pulpit%5Fseries/?yr=2006&pg=n&id=0612

and the link:
[url=http://www.worldchallenge.org/pulpit%5Fseries/?yr=2006&pg=n&id=0612]A Friend of Sinners by David Wilkerson[/url]

I seldom visit this forum so I don't know if I'm breaking any rules by posting the direct link... I apologize in advance if I am...

God bless you all!!!

Sara (I'm imaginary)

2006/10/28 6:13Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Quote:
As for going to Joyce about her error... I cant. Oh, I could write to her, but she'll never receive it. However, many people have confronted her about her many erroneous teachings and also about her disobedience to scripture concerning being a woman minister... and she has publicly mocked them in the studio and from the stage. I've witnessed it myself.

Krispy

I thought Joyce Meyers was a lost cause too, but I sent her a copy of Ray Comfort's tapes anyway a few years ago. She sent a kind of cold thank you letter back, and then flipping channels, I caught a show I felt she kind of mocked Way of the Master evangelism style later on one of her shows.

since she has him on her show, I see I was wrong, so you never know

anyway, send a letter anyway, at least your conscience will be clear. I've sent many letters and e-mails to some other preachers too that I've been very critical of certain doctrines. Jesus is worthy :)

2006/10/28 9:17Profile
roadsign

Re: Where does your mind hang out?

Okay, so this thread may be a good place to hang out for a bit. (Ironman, I really enjoyed reading your reflections).

I did view the TV episode – well the first 7 minutes. It’s just not for me. I am not into methods, and all that stuff. And I'm not into pronouncing diagnosis and doing autopsies.

From time to time I wonder if I should take a hiatus from SI threads, and spend time filling my brain with new material. After all, our sharing will have no wider scope than the contents of our minds.

Looks like I’m still here…. But I am also filling my mind with material that makes all the dazzle of the TV show look pathetically pale. It is a testimony of: Rosalind GoForth – her book, [url=http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Promises/I_Know_God_Answers.html]How I Know God Answer's Prayer[/url]

The value of this testimony is measureless, and yet, it is FREE.

I highly recommend that you fill your minds with this kind of material. Even reading the contents page will stir the smoldering embers of your faith.

This testimony and many others occurred before the days of women’s lib, back when it was thought that women’s brains were smaller and had more water in them than men’s. Yet look what GOD did! And … the testimony of her furlough! Wow! She wanted to rest and focus on her time with her children. And yet, God had another plan for her….. and he provided immeasurably…..

Why let your faith get dragged down in the drab affairs of man when you can energize your faith with the glorious affairs of the kingdom!

As they say: You are what you read (and hear and view).

Do you agree?
Diane

2006/10/28 9:28Profile
Nellie

Re:

Diane,
I put this in my favorites.
"How I know God answers Prayer."
My Toner is low now, but I plan on printing it asap.
I love to read Testimonies about what God has done, and is doing in people's lives.
God Bless you.
Thanks
Nellie

2006/10/28 13:41Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: the letter - it killeth

Hi everyone.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, this seems like a pretty controversial topic. I can definitely appreciate how passionate we can feel about things like this at times.

I would like to offer some thoughts here and I hope they will be helpfull for us.

I'd like to start off by asking a question of you all. My question, though it may not seem relevant at all is this:

why, do you think, so many of the religous leaders in the time of Christ, missed Him, as it were?

Certainly they knew the scriptures didn't they? And surely they knew what they were commanded? Why, look at what they said of the [i]people[/i] for instance

Quote:
[b][color=000000]But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed[/color][/b]

Yet the Lord Jesus said of them,

Quote:
[b][color=660033] Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.[/color][/b]

Well then, is it really possible to know and even obey, to the [b]letter[/b], those things written in the Bible and not be following God?

One of the main objections I think the religous leaders of the day tried to raise against the Lord Jesus was in regards to His actions on the sabbath. For instance, He healed on the sabbath day and in once instance told the man He had healed to take up his bed and walk. Of this, the scripture says

[b][color=000000]And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.[/color][/b]

Later it says,

[b][color=000000]Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, [u]because he not only had broken the sabbath[/u], but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.[/color][/b]

Elsewhere the Lord said

Quote:
[b][color=660033]Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man. If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?[/color][/b]

And then He tells them

[b][color=660033] Judge not according to the appearance[/color][/b]

[b][color=660033]but judge righteous judgment[/color][/b]

Brothers and sisters, is this not our need today as well? Are we not also in danger of judging only according to the [b]letter[/b] and failing to follow after the [b]Spirit[/b]?

Brothers and sisters, I think of the scripture that says

[b][color=000000]...as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God[/color][/b]

And also, how the Lord Jesus told them

Quote:
[b][color=660033] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.[/color][/b]

Indeed brothers, the scripture does tell us to have no fellowship with darkness, yet, if we are to follow that to the [b]letter[/b], then what would we make of this...

"When I was kidnapped by police and kept imprisoned for years in strictest secrecy, a Christian doctor actually became a member of the secret police to learn my whereabouts! As a secret police doctor, he had access to the cells of all prisoners and hoped to find me. All of his friends shunned him, thinking he had become a Communist. To go around dressed in the uniform of the torturers is a much greater sacrifice than to wear the uniform of a prisoner. The doctor found me in a deep, dark cell and sent word that I was alive." - excerpt from [i]Tortured for Christ[/i] by Richard Wurmbrand

2006/10/28 15:02Profile
kdbutton

Re:

Quote:
Looks like I’m still here…. But I am also filling my mind with material that makes all the dazzle of the TV show look pathetically pale. It is a testimony of: Rosalind GoForth – her book, How I Know God Answer's Prayer

Thanks for the resource Diane, I ordered the book for our prayer resource library and while I was at it I ordered books on other saints who have shown us the better way of prayer.

2006/10/28 15:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy