SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Quote:
Since when has quoting scripture become legalistic? Seems to me I see you do it all the time!

First, I didn't notice anyone actually quoting scripture on that point.... (divorce and remarriage), but merely alluding to blanket interpretations which can be made as long as God's grace and forgiveness are not taken into account..... That's what I find legalistic.... especially when Paul's lists of things to abstain from, [i]adressed to churches, [b]frequently[/b][/i] begin with 'fornication' or 'adultery'. (There is another thread for this particular discussion already.)

I just don't see how a person's ministry can be dismissed on the basis of their marital status or lack of it, as if their gifting didn't come from God in the first place, and is not sustained by Him - even if they are not 100% clear with Him on all points all the time.

Secondly, I do quote scripture all the time, and you are welcome to challenge how I read it, as maybe you are doing here. :-)

2006/10/27 17:13
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

DOrcas,

Quote:
First, I didn't notice anyone actually quoting scripture on that point.... (divorce and remarriage),

I quoted scripture on this issue in the post I posted at 12:10. You may have missed it.

ginnyrose

2006/10/27 17:20Profile

Diane

come now sister...this thread is yet another prime example of the type of edification that is neccesary to preserve the integrity of the religion. It is our duty, it is our calling to denounce and expose the false teachers and false prophets among us, and where possible to bring them to judgement and justice. My only regret is that we cannot stone them or burn them at the stake anymore.

Now if we were the nation that we are supposed to be, that is , a christian nation, we could have our legislators put anti-heresy laws on the books, so that when we expose these false teachers, we would have legal remedies to stop this apostasy, dead, in its tracks.

we must defend the faith, we must take back this nation for christ.

I hope you understand what I'm saying. Its that bad.

bartle

2006/10/27 17:51

Re: Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

ginnyrose, I apologise, and I did notice it but I'd forgotten.

The scripture you chose in Romans 7 is followed by

4 [b]Therefore[/b], my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another -- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

and the law to which Paul is referring in Rom 7:1 - 3 clearly permitted divorce.

Yes, Jesus reduced the circumstances under which divorce and remarriage could occur, in Matt 5:28 and 32, and 19, 3 - 12, but He did not forbid divorce and remarriage entirely..... So my main point was that we don't know how or if the people involved in this situation have or have not made their hearts right with God.

2006/10/27 17:51
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
My only regret is that we cannot stone them or burn them at the stake anymore.

Such a shame, isn't it, Bartle! Why not try tarring and feathering? Of course, you'd have to include the followers - because, after all, they are the enablers. That would be a lot of tar and feathers - and then you'd have Green Peace stoning you for abusing bird-life.

I was wondering, how much authority can a TV personality have over viewers without them willingly opening their hearts and wallets to him/her.

Remember: you can leave the TV off!

Diane

2006/10/27 18:16Profile

Diane 2

Quote:
Remember: you can leave the TV off!

or consider this, we could also just stop reading posts and responding, which I am very very close to doing.

receeding, bartle

2006/10/27 18:26
roadsign

Re: Diane 2

Quote:
we could also just stop reading posts and responding

....or select the ones you find most edifying.

"Whatsoever is true... noble... right... pure... lovely.... admirable.... excellent.. praiseworthy - think on these things." Phil. 4:8

Diane

2006/10/27 18:35Profile

hit the nail

right on the head:

Quote:
....or select the ones you find most edifying.

excellent point.....off to work, bartle

2006/10/27 18:53
Santana

Re: hit the nail

I just watched the interview and it seemed that she talked way too much for an interview. I wanted to hear Ray not her. Sorry.

One thing I admire about Mr. Comfort is that he always goes back to the topic. :-)

2006/10/27 20:02Profile
kdbutton

Re: hit the nail

This thread feels like internet gossip.

I haven't learned anymore from the back and forth I just read through than I knew before except the church needs to repent and I am not talking about false teachers.

This is an excellent website with a wealth of teaching resources. We should make good use of it and glorify God.

2006/10/27 20:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy