SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

In the NT, the donkey was an unclean animal for which its owner had to make sacrifices. Was the donkey Jesus rode a male or female? Did He instruct the disciples to first inquire before collecting it?

2006/10/26 19:56

Re:

Krispy thank you for speaking truth on this subject.

If Joyce would submit to what God says through his servant Paul then alot of this thread would not be necessary.

Also in confronting it's not that easy as krispy has pointed out. Christians who see the rebelliion of JM are now left with open public rebuke and striving to correctly teach what God says concerning women teachers.

Then other christians including Joyce respond with namecalling and accusing us of gossip etc, instead of bending the knee to the simplicity of scripture.

The good of this thread is that it will encourage some of us to relook at what the scripture says on this subject and then act accordingly. All done for the Glory of God, He is glorified through our obedience.
God bless, John

2006/10/27 3:09
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Mr Meyer. Has everyone forgotten about him? Where does he fit into the picture?

Is he saved? Does he have his own ministry or does he support his wife's ministry?

I have no idea what his name is or anything.

So if anyone has any info, let me know.

Just curious. Thanks.

God bless.

2006/10/27 6:22Profile
Meriwether

Re:

I am just a layperson and a woman, so I do not attempt to instruct anyone on this thread. I would; however, like to offer an oppinion on any harsh criticism against a servant of the Most High, whether it's Ray Comfort or your local pastor. I am speaking of Mr. Comfort, not Ms. Meyers.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

2006/10/27 7:48Profile
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Re: Joyce Meyer/ Ray Comfort

K_Day, there's a difference between religiosity, and having the Heart of Jesus. With all due respect, the fact you sound angry means the conversation is going wrong.

Faith is an absolutely individual thing - intensely personal between us and God. We are told to love, to give love, first and foremost. You can quote scriptures, and denigrate Joyce Meyer until you're blue in the face, but where's the love in that?

I have no personal feelings on Joyce Meyer one way or the other, so I have no personal axe to grind, but we have no right to judge her. You're expressing anger at me, and anger at her, so for my part I'm truly sorry if I've said something to offend you.

However, if we feel we can judge another person's relationship with God, we lose the ability to love them and to feel compassion for them, and that just gives the devil a way in. None of us want someone else judging us, and our relationship with God. I know I'd fall waaaaay short of anything even approaching acceptable in His eyes.

As for my thoughts on suicide - I understand why you felt the need to bring it up here, and even why you feel the need to talk down to me, but again, it IS between us and God. Everything will ultimately always be between us and God. We can have fellowship with others, support and serve others, but I just don't think we can judge others or try to tear shreds off them then says "Well, really it's ok, cos look, the bible tells us to." The bible is The Word, yes, and it is perfect and true, however we are flawed broken vulnerable people who readily misinterpret what the bible says. Look at Westboro Baptist Church. They believe they are right in what they say and do. They preach sheer hatred, and they say it's all from the bible, every word.

God is merciful and pure and Jesus is love. I would rather give any Christian the benefit of the doubt than make assumptions as to the veracity of their relationship with God. Whether that person is someone quiet who stands at the back of church, or whether they have a multi-million dollar ministry.

It so often sounds patronising when people say this, but I will pray for you. Not cos I think you're in the wrong, or cos you "need" it, but cos I really appreciate this discussion and I'm grateful to you. Anna. x

2006/10/27 9:18Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Munchkin,

Quote:
You can quote scriptures, and denigrate Joyce Meyer until you're blue in the face, but where's the love in that?

Wait a second here... There is a big difference between personal attacks, and a real concern for our brothers and sisters in christ.

The bible is not silent on the subject of false teachers, read Acts 20, and also another one that comes to mind is 3 john. John actually named the person that was causing offense. My question is, should we as christians, name those people who teach false doctrines?

Don't mistake our criticism of Joyce Meyer as denigration.

Somebody who has such an influence such as her, must be held up, and accounted for, for what she says...and I have hear first hand, that what she says, is not good, is not from the bible. Anybody can twist scripture around to say what they want it to say if it is not in the right context.

Be careful of such people, Paul warned about them in Acts 20.

-Matt

2006/10/27 9:30Profile
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Re:

But she clearly doesn't have that much influence given so many Christians think she's ridiculous. If she brings people to Christ, that's wonderful. We just have to trust God will start teaching them, and people will eventually realise that her teachings are a bit dodgy. But it's not for us to warn people off her. What if someone saw this site, thought it was wrong, and decided to warn people off it? None of us are any better than anyone else. Someone fab made me realise rcently, it's only by God's grace we aren't all fallen. We're no better than her.

Having a go at Ray Comfort for going on her show was super-judgemental. In his heart, he clearly loves God, so how on earth can any of us decide he now has no integrity, cos he went on the show of someone we've arbitrarily decided is rubbish? Tis lunacy!

Lest we forget, the devil is the accuser of the brethren.

2006/10/27 9:57Profile

Re:

It always baffles me how someone can quote the scriptures concerning a woman not teaching or usurping authority over a man in a church setting... and people accuse the quoter (in this instance, me) of taking it out of context.

Just saying I've taken something out of context does not make it true. If I have taken it out of context, please explain how. And please put it in it's correct context. To me... it's black and white... all you have to do is read it!

So instead of making an off comment about me taking it out of context, please correct me.

Let me clarify something about this too... the worst thing about Joyce Meyers ministry is her heretical teachings. Her rebellion against scripture concerning her position in ministry is important too, but her teachings are poison.

By the way, someone asked about her husband... his name is Dave. He plays an active role in her ministry. I dont know much about him other than he obviously supports her rebellion and her false teachings.

Krispy

2006/10/27 10:27
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Thanks Krispy for the info about her husband.

Fact is you either accept or reject her teachings.

I reject them.

God bless.

2006/10/27 10:43Profile
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Re: Joyce Meyer

Ok, if we are all so adept at interpreting the bible's every word, explain Revelation to me. That's in black and white. All you have to do is read it.

In regards to women being silent, there are varying schools of thought on it. Firstly, he may have been referring specifically to women giving false teachings at the time, as elsewhere, Paul doesn't attempt to restrict women from teaching in church (1Co 11:1-5) and, in fact, uses them greatly to spread the good news.

Further, isn't it hard to define "teaching"? If a woman can never teach a man, how are men to learn from The Song of Deborah, or the proverbs of King Lemuel which were passed on by his mother, or from Esther, who rescued her people? Do you suggest flipping past those sections in the bible?

2006/10/27 10:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy