SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : MIRACLES ARE a MUST!! -by Andrew Strom - COMMENTS??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
kdbutton

Re:

I too am hearing the same thing in prayer and have been praying that God will revive us as a people who live in the miraculous. I also have been praying that the miraculous be of such a type that could not be counterfeited. That God would manifest the exceeding greatness of His power to usward who believe in such a way that no man or program would dare take credit for it and which would cause such an overflow from His church to the community and that we would see the fruit of that. We are also asking God's presence to be so thick that it is almost tangible and that people would drive their cars into our town's limits and say wow! what is that! And be changed somehow because they they have entered a place where it pleased God to manifest His Holy presence in response to His own word that if we who are called by His name will humble, pray, seek, turn, that He will hear, forgive, and heal our land.

IF....

I am convinced that the IF of that verse is impossible for us except He initiate it and finish it!

Please Lord start your people humbling thenselves to pray! In Jesus' name

2006/10/6 22:08Profile
davidt

Re: MIRACLES ARE a MUST!! -by Andrew Strom - COMMENTS??

Yes,I too am scripturally convinced that miracles are a must. For the Kingdom of God is not in word only but in power. And it was the signs and wonders that bore witness to the gospel that the Apostles were preaching "God working with them!".

I am from Calvary Chapel and have gone through there school of ministry. But shortly will be going out to Kansas City to wait for the promise of the Father for the glory of God and for empowerment in street preaching and evangelism.

It seems scary or weird to me that many are oblivious to this and they are "sola scriptura" in a radical sense to where they dont believe in gifts or at least subtly dont earnestly emphasize the seeking of them anywhere near their contending for the word. How can they be so scripture saturated and then not see the scripture!?

so what then needs to be done?

2006/10/6 23:00Profile
kdbutton

Re:

Pray for neither preaching nor signs and wonders will stand without prayer.

History is silent about revivals that did not begin with prayer. ~ Edwin Orr

2006/10/6 23:22Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Is there anyone here who is under a true biblical ministry, or is aware of one anywhere?

Are you perhaps experiencing this kind of walk with the Lord?

Where is the genuine sold out, walk on water, raising the dead, healing the leper believer/ministry today?

Blessings Greg

2006/10/7 0:03Profile
kdbutton

Re:

Father, Where is the genuine sold out, walk on water, raising the dead, healing the leper believer/ministry today? Bring it to my church and all the churches of my community, unite us in this, so all will know there is a God in Farmington. And so I ask this also for our nation and for this world. In Jesus Name

2006/10/7 7:52Profile
mamaluk

Re:

"MIRAClES A MUST" ??!!!

Yes, the Cross and the Shed Blood, what more miracles can one DEMAND ?????!!!! A MUST?? ??!!!!( Support this demand with Scriptures, that is, rightly/accurately divided please )

Quote Andrew_Strom

But lately God has been reminding me [b](??) [/b]of "signs and wonders". Of course there is a lot of 'flakey' stuff around - and I am not into that. But He is reminding me that true miracles are very important and MUST [b]( that's a big leap of assumption on one's part)[/b]accompany the word.

[b]Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2Thes. II. 9, 10.

Even him whose coming is after the working of Satan, with all power, and signs, and lying wonders, and with all deceiveableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. - 2 Thes. II. 9, 10.

James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.[/b]

Quote:
SI "May God rise up a movement of people who hunger and thirst for righteousness."

Righteousness, ( professing Christians' much needed righteousness, true love and holiness) , that's the miracle enough, just look around us !!

If signs and wonders and miracles bring about salvation, there will be no need for the only necessary miracles - The Cross with It's Shed Blood !!

2006/10/7 11:19Profile
myfirstLove

i believe in miracles, but i don't think its a MUST. God pouring out His Holy Spirit, stepping down and moving the hearts to repentance is a MUST. Jesus perform many miracles, but it wasn't the miracles that lead people to repentance. the miracles shows that the kingdom of God is near you.

the welsh revival didn't have a big healing revival. what happend was that God stepped down and cut the heart, moving many to repentance. thats what we need!

2006/10/7 11:55Profile
Andrew_Strom

Re:

I agree that we need "conviction" and repentance like that. -I already see these things in my ministry and, like you, I believe they are VERY important.

But to have true SCRIPTURAL Christianity it is very clear that we must have miracles as well. You can look right through the NT and you will always find that they had BOTH. I think we are wrong to aim only for Revival PREACHING. We need DEMONSTRATION as well if we are going to be like Acts.

Surely we can see this?

-Andrew Strom.

2006/10/7 12:54Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Smokey wrote:
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Hi Smokey,

I have put may faith out in verse 20 of this passage of scripture.Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, [b]the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following[/b]. Amen. In my reading of the scripture I [b]expect it to be so[/b] that signs wonders miracles follow the word. My thinking is, if I am preaching what Jesus wants me to preach then amen, let it be so...miracles, signs wonders.

If I do not have these things following and I have set my faith out for it, then I must not be preaching want Jesus wants. I find this personallly very freeing, it puts the owness for miracels etc firmly in the hands of the one who [b]confirms his word[b/], the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen!

p.s. I do not get hung up over this position, I just get further on my kness. ;-)

2006/10/7 13:09Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
But to have true SCRIPTURAL Christianity it is very clear that we must have miracles as well. You can look right through the NT and you will always find that they had BOTH. I think we are wrong to aim only for Revival PREACHING. We need DEMONSTRATION as well if we are going to be like Acts.

So if there are no miracles, the ministry isn't scriptural?

2006/10/7 13:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy