SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Pastor David Wilkerson makes it clear that if he is incorrect in his statements, he'll repent.

This is evidence of a humble and obedidient Servant of the Most High God; amen?

Deuteronomy 13:1-13 speak of false prophets having signs and wonders that DO come to pass; however, God calls them false.

The test is not in the prophecy, sign or wonder...these are important, yet pertaining to testing a man, we must look to Scripture and their overall fruit.

From Pastor Wilkerson:

Dearly Beloved:

PEACE AND JOY TO YOU IN CHRIST OUR LORD.

I am going to do my best to answer a number of questions asked by some of our readers. Hopefully you will know our hearts as I share.

Question #1:
"You pastor a very large church. Does any of my support to your ministry go to the church? Times Square Church ought to be able to pay for its own needs. I really prefer that my missions gifts go directly to the needs of the poor and homeless."

Answer: Times Square Church is self-supporting. No gift to this ministry goes to the support of the church. However, some gifts do assist in some of the church's missions outreaches to devastated areas overseas. (This is explained in #5.)

Question #2:
"As a pastor of a small church, I was deeply bothered by your suggestion that disgruntled Christians start their own church at home, using video tapes of your Times Square Church services. A few in our church who disagree with me have left and started their own meetings, and they seem determined to shut us down. Do you really believe you heard from the Lord on this?"

Answer: Truthfully, I did not pray this matter through as I should have. It has been a flop. We received probably less than 150 responses, and only a handful have conducted meetings. God has blessed it only in remote areas where there are no churches within miles. I am a pastor - I know the importance of being part of a body of believers, under God-appointed pastors and leaders. And I have repented before the Lord for not acknowledging him on this matter. God knows my heart - and he has gently let the idea die. We will continue to make our videos available, but we are not advocating home churches.

Question #3:
"Your last book warned of a coming depression. You have been saying for a long time that the stock market is going to blow and America would be chastened by an economic holocaust. I believed you, even though you say you are not a prophet. But there seems to be no sign of a crash. Will you apologize if it doesn't happen reasonably soon?"

Answer: I do not understand God's mercy to America. It could only be his extended mercy that has caused God to not yet chasten our nation. I do not want it to happen. We have a ministry to many needy people, and an economic collapse would affect all we do.

In prayer, I have told the Lord I am ready at any time to confess I am wrong - that I must have spoken from my own fears or that I have spoken unadvisedly. Recently, when the market reached record highs, I wondered if those calling me a false prophet were right. But I know how diligently I seek God. I know what it's like to weep and groan before the Lord as the Holy Spirit shows me what is coming. No matter what others think, I cannot shake off the urgency of the Holy Spirit to warn God's people. Every time I am shut in with God, fasting and praying, I hear the trumpet blowing. I hear God's still, small voice saying, "It is coming. It will happen suddenly. Forget the criticism - warn the people."

I believe what I have been warning about - more than ever! The speculative boom is almost over. The balloon is about to burst. No matter how high the market goes, it is going to collapse. I don't know when but I do know it is certain. God will not delay much longer. The next American president is going to preside over a deeply troubled economy.

Question #4:
"I am confused by your statement: 'Divorce is never an option.' Are you saying it is not an option when there has been wife beating, unfaithfulness, homosexuality, etc.? I've been divorced because of an abusive husband - but you make it sound like I had no choice."

Answer: I should have made myself clearer on this subject. I believe the Lord made an exception for divorce in the case of adultery. And there are other legitimate reasons for divorce. To discover you have married a homosexual is a hopeless situation. So is the case with physical abuse. My point is: Divorce is not an option for married Christians who refuse to seek God for reconciliation. It takes two to hold a marriage together. I have seen many "hopeless" marriages miraculously healed. Nothing is impossible with God. Often, just one praying mate has saved a marriage.

Question #5:
"Why don't you tell us more about the miracles happening in your charitable outreaches? I would like to hear more about life changes and what God is doing among the hopeless addicts and the demon possessed. I'd like to know much more about your street-people ministry. Just what is it you are asking me to support?

Answer: We plan to send out a full ministry report in the near future. For all who are new to our ministry, here is a short overview:

I started in New York City in 1958, working with gangs and drug addicts. We called the ministry TEEN CHALLENGE. It quickly grew worldwide. There are now more than 300 in-patient care centers here in the U.S. and in nations overseas with the highest cure rate in the world, through the power of Christ. Though I founded Teen Challenge, each center is now autonomous and self-supporting.

My own ministry organization is WORLD CHALLENGE. Through this interdenominational organization, we started many outreaches and ministries to the poor, the addicted and the homeless. We started TIMES SQUARE CHURCH twelve years ago. We founded Sarah House for addicted and abused women. We also take in their children. (One of our women has five children. We take in all the women's children, no matter how many.) We help fund five addiction rehab centers in New York City. We have the Raven ministry, delivering food to the street people around the city.

We tithe 10 per cent on every dollar sent to us to reach starving people around the world. We help feed over 100,000 hungry children through Latin American Childcare. We feed hungry children in Kosovo, Romania and thousands of homeless people in ravaged Mozambique. These are just a few of the many outreaches we are involved in.

A closing word: A number of people have stopped supporting our ministry. I suppose I've offended them. It seems I offend a lot of people, no matter what I write. But I trust I am obeying the Lord.

We are not broke. We are not in debt. God has been good. I'm just baffled over why those who know I seek to give truth and spiritual food have stopped supporting this vital ministry.

I'm confident the Lord will help us as he has done so faithfully in the past. It would be so encouraging to hear from more of our readers.

God bless and keep you.

His bondservant,
David Wilkerson

2006/9/30 22:17
carole7749

Re: Mt. Zion School of Ministry: David Wilkerson

Does anyone know anything about David Wilkerson's Mt. Zion School of Ministry? I would especially appreciate personal experiences or friends and family members that have attended. My daughter wants to go and I read the negative website about that preacher's son who went. I personally think it is a personal issue with them but I must know for sure!! Can anyone give me some input??? Thanks!!

Quote:
boomatt wrote:My best friend goes to Mt. Zion School of ministry. This school is right on target, NO mysticism, he has been changed drastically.

2006/10/3 12:37Profile
carole7749

Re: Mt. Zion School of Ministry: David Wilkerson

Does anyone know anything about David Wilkerson's Mt. Zion School of Ministry? I would especially appreciate personal experiences or friends and family members that have attended. My daughter wants to go and I read the negative website about that preacher's son who went. I personally think it is a personal issue with them but I must know for sure!! Can anyone give me some input??? Thanks!!

Quote:
boomatt wrote:My best friend goes to Mt. Zion School of ministry. This school is right on target, NO mysticism, he has been changed drastically.

2006/10/3 12:44Profile

Re: Mt. Zion School of Ministry

I graduated from Mt. Zion in '99. Going there was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not only did I fall in love with Jesus, but I met my beautiful wife there also.

I was there when Mr. Thorpe's son attended the school. I don't know too much about their situation, nor do I want to say anything negative about them, but in reading the gentleman's website it's clear that, unfortunately, he does not seem to understand the ways of God.

Yes, we used Hinds Feet on High Places in chapel. It was a book that someone gave to Sister Catherine Logan back when her husband passed away. Her husband passed away from cancer, and, at that time, she really thought God was going to heal him. Well, God did not heal him...on this side of the grave…and at that time in her walk with the Lord, she could not understand why. She thought that she did not have enough faith. (This all happened over twenty years ago or so) That book helped her to understand that it is through tribulation that we enter into the Kingdom of God. That God allows things in our lives to bring us to an end of ourselves, so that we might not trust in ourselves, but in Him who raises the dead. Jesus allowed Lazarus to die and be laid in a tomb so that all might see the Glory of God., so that we might know that He is the Resurrection and the Life. The pathway to the Life of Christ becoming a reality in my life is a pathway of death. Before Israel could possess any of there inheritance in the Promised Land they had to face an enemy, and they realized that every enemy they faced was too strong for them. They had no strength in themselves to posses their inheritance; they could only possess it by faith. And within faith there is no human effort. To possess our inheritance in Christ, His Life, we will be brought to a place of death....and in that place of helplessness we will hear Jesus speak...we become people who no longer live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Mt. Zion is not a perfect place, but without question, the people there love Jesus with all of their heart. The leadership has one ambition, and that is to see that God is glorified. They love the Word of God and they pray.....A LOT!

2006/10/20 9:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy