SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:
If you can be forgiven from sin (towards God) and not be born again, then couldn't you go to heaven without being born again?

Following up on my earlier post, I now ask: Did those whom Jesus forgive at his Crucifixion become eternally absolved from the consequences of their sins? (question edited)

Why or why not?

Diane

Sure, but born again? I don't think so.

To be born again carries with it the life of Christ for a purpose. He didn't have a chance at that. He went to paradise to be raised with those who waited to be released.

:-)

2006/9/16 16:02
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Could it be that God is willing to forgive all, but all aren't willing to recieve it by humilty and faith?

Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Does "being forgiven" have any effect on your actions or is it seperate from your actions? [b]Is forgiveness seperate from Grace?
[/b]

2006/9/17 21:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Atleast that is how it comes to my mind, and I'm sure we all agree you have to be born again to go to heaven.

mmm? This brings us back to another thread on when the disciples were born again? I know that it is an evangelical axiom to say that you must be born again to get into heaven, but the Bible doesn't talk much about 'getting into heaven'.

In John 3 Jesus expressly told Nicodemus 'You must be born again' (and the 'you' was plural) but this was an explanation not a command and the topic of conversation was the 'Kingdom of God' not heaven.

2006/9/20 16:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy