SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Word To End all Strife and Divisiveness on SI Forums

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Iron sharpens iron though bro

2008/12/18 2:44
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

just bumping to push self promoting thread off the main page! anyone else care to JOIN IN

2008/12/18 11:48Profile
Lonny

UK

Re:

The sermon as the start was helpful in one point in particular - that we will all have disagreements at some point or another and over one subject or another - now add the Bible into that mix and watch the flames go!! However in the light of that (and in the reformed tradition from which I spring) it would appear to me that as Protestants we are the worst when it comes to arguments - the second someone says something we don't like it is far too easy to get offended, take the moral high ground, get offensive and if we are really upset then jump ship to the next church. Of course that wasn't possible pre-reformation and I think it is something we have lost in taking the steps that were (righty) taken at that time. We need to rediscover the sense of "One Lord, One Faith and One Church" and the maturity that such a view demands from us in being able to disagree with one another and still all face the same direction serving our God.

Ravenmolehill as far as your comments go in the light of the original sermon - a pretty poor show and little more than bullying.

2008/12/18 17:24Profile
Lonny

UK

Re:

Also the Bible is quite real about disagreements - Peter to Paul, Paul and Barnabus, Peter/Paul and the Judiasers. Now that's real - where those disagreements always held in the manner that Jesus would have wanted...hmmm not so sure? Early church history is pretty sharp and all the more because people believed that what they were arguing was so important that it was worth falling out over - There's is a challenge in that to us today:
a.) If we aren't getting passionate about our Bible then why not ? is our faith so old or wet that we no longer sharpen each other?
b.) If something is worth falling out over then surely it is also how we respond to that falling out that makes is Christian also...It isn't always about avoidance... :-)

2008/12/19 3:34Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

"Ravenmolehill as far as your comments go in the light of the original sermon - a pretty poor show and little more than bullying."

I knew this would get taken out of context...
It was not directed at the sermon or the content of this particular thread, It was a statement based toward another thread yesterday, to use the initial content of this thread to combat it. (It was a shameless attempt to redirect SI traffic toward their personal website, I will not go into much detail to avoid bringing back up) You had to be there...
I don't weight in on many topics, folks that have been around here for a while know that I usually post ref. material... but not my own..
for ex.) christianaudio.com having a free mp3 download of Spurgeon's Morning & Evening thru DEC
:-)

(I should have just copied and pasted from this thread over to the other thread)

2008/12/19 8:56Profile
moose34

Re:

2Timothy 2:23-26)

2009/1/22 4:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy