SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are God's brave men?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Where are God's brave men?

In the latest newsletter on SI an article About "Our most critical need" A.W. Tozer Describes the men needed. In our present day who are the brave bold men Tozer describes? I believe they are around though not as appreciated by us as they should be. There was a quote by someone that basicaly described that we like the bear so long as he is in the cage. In the same way we like the oldpaths ministers Finney spurgeon Wesly etc. So long as they are in the cage of the past. It enables us to pick the things we like about them without them getting really into our lives. Is this the way some of us our with our current "brave bold men"? Not only are these men needed but what is also needed is a humble obedient church, not a stiffnecked one. So again, who are they currently and are we really submitting to them as they watch over our souls? God bless, John

2006/9/7 12:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Where are God's brave men?

As Tozer stated in the article: Our MOST CRITICAL NEED

Quote:
but God will not revive mice. He will not fill rabbits with the Holy Spirit.

Being a Christian we are humble and meek, but at the same time we have been blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus, we should not love our lives unto death. As the Roman's used to say that the Christians were very [b]stubborn[/b] in their beliefs. May that be a earmark of the church today, a Holy Stubborness in the truth, a boldness and strength in that stubborness!

God is looking for men. If you are going to live holy you are going to be lonely, may God call those special men on the path less trod.

2006/9/7 12:36Profile

Re:

Thank you for helping keep us focused Greg. I am encouraged by your previous post. God bless, John

2006/9/7 14:16

Re:

I propose that David Wilkerson is "one" of God's brave, bold, holy men of God.He has preached the Gospel for years and also taken a stand against the worldliness being allowed into the church."The Vision" and "Set the trumpet to thy mouth" Are examples of his stand on things as well as the many powerful messages in his Times Square pulpit series.
Who agrees and also who will add another name of the current living, brave, holy men of God?
God bless, John

2006/9/7 15:06
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

I think of David Wilkerson as one of those men- a prophet, if you will. Another man of God that comes to mind is Paul Washer. And (although now with Christ) Leonard Ravenhill.

2006/9/7 18:46Profile
Nellie

Re:

David Wilkinson and Carter Conlon preach the Word, without Compromise.
Jesse Morrell preaches with conviction.
I personally feel like Jesse reaches a lot of Youth.
God Bless
Nellie

2006/9/7 20:34Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

Quote:
As Tozer stated in the article: Our MOST CRITICAL NEED

Quote:
but God will not revive mice. He will not fill rabbits with the Holy Spirit.

Being a Christian we are humble and meek, but at the same time we have been blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus, we should not love our lives unto death. As the Roman's used to say that the Christians were very [b]stubborn[/b] in their beliefs. May that be a earmark of the church today, a Holy Stubborness in the truth, a boldness and strength in that stubborness!

God is looking for men. If you are going to live holy you are going to be lonely, may God call those special men on the path less trod.

This reminds me of the section of Leonard Ravenhill's book about [url=http://www.lastdaysministries.org/articles/wherearetheelijahsofgod.html]Where are the Elijahs of God?[/url] Men like this exist -- but they are not the men you will see promoted from pulpits and television sets across America or the United Kingdom.

These men do not boast in what they do for God -- but in what God has done for us all.

They are men that prefer communion with God over communion with man.

They are also men that love people enough to tell them the truth without compromise.

They reject all that they could achieve in this world in order to achieve something that others cannot understand.

They would rather spend intimate time with God than see "miracles" performed.

These men will not rob God of a bit of His glory -- but point others to the cross in true humility.

They realize that "free will" allows us to choose between truly knowing God or rejecting Him completely.

These are men that are constantly homesick -- longing to see the face of God.

They pick up a heavy cross, but despise its shame for the joy set before them.

For them, preaching is not an obligation or an occupation. It is a passionate desire to see the created truly meet their Creator.

They go into prayer brokenhearted over the condition of this world and the condition of the Church. Only through intimacy with Christ are they comforted.

Oh that we men would love Him enough to forsake themselves!

:-(

2006/9/7 23:55Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well said

2006/9/8 0:10Profile

Re:

How about K.P. Yohanan The head of "Gospel for Asia" based out of richardson Tx. I've heard him preachseveral times. His books "Road to Reality" And Revolution in World Missions. Are truly life changing, inspiring etc.

2006/9/8 2:26
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I think God's bravest soldiers are the most quiet and least-recognised of all the saints in public. They are very humble, modest, almost disattached from anything mainstream. Behind closed doors, however, they mercilessly raid hell daily with such intercession that both devils and angels stand back in awe. God has these warrior's tears saved in bottles, and their swords are heavily-stained with demonic blood. You could meet one of them at a Christian meeting and never think twice...until you heard them pray.

Preaching open-air doens't always signify bravery with God (though it indicates zeal), and preaching strong, prophectic messages from the pulpit doesn't necessarily make one brave in God's eyes either. Behind strong, brave preachers are even stronger prayer warriors! It takes much more courage, in my opiniion, to wait upon God in the midst of wicked spirits and flesh and break through and plunder hell than it does to get in a pulpit or street corner and preach the anointed Word for half-an-hour to an hour.

We will see on that great day who were truly the bravest in God's eyes. I think we're going to be shocked when we see frail old men like emaciated Chinese farmers and old, feeble grandmothers so close and so richly ornamented, being gloriously crowned by the hand of Jehovah. And we will be equally shocked to see people whom we [i]thought[/i] were brave, according to the flesh, receiving less than what everyone anticipated.

Brother Paul

2006/9/8 3:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy