SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved Always Saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

So, are you saying that by us being led in the Spirit to make decisions, the Spirit is bearing witness to us?

In my commentary, it also said that if the Spirit is in us, He will give us that sense of real intimacy with God.

Am I on the right track?

2006/9/8 14:09

Re:

Quote:

richardf wrote:
So, are you saying that by us being led in the Spirit to make decisions, the Spirit is bearing witness to us?

Not necessarily. Doing and being are two different things ergo, His leading is a disposition and not a dictate. By our life, the fruit of our disposition, they will know us. In this is the propagation of His Kingdom realised.

Quote:
In my commentary, it also said that if the Spirit is in us, He will give us that sense of real intimacy with God.

Am I on the right track?

Indeed, you are.

:-D :-D

2006/9/8 14:34
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Being has priority over doing. Who we are is by the Christ that is in us. What we do is by the Holy Spirit that shows us who we are in Christ, then the doing will be fruit unto the Kingdom of God by which we see the things of God.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of Water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That is born of Christ (water) and the Holy Spirit.

Christ is the Living Water. The Living Water is is our life, the Holy Spirit is our Teacher of the Life in us.

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Teacher of what Christ said:
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/9 3:22Profile

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Being has priority over doing. Who we are is by the Christ that is in us. What we do is by the Holy Spirit that shows us who we are in Christ, then the doing will be fruit unto the Kingdom of God by which we see the things of God.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of Water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That is born of Christ (water) and the Holy Spirit.

Christ is the Living Water. The Living Water is is our life, the Holy Spirit is our Teacher of the Life in us.

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Teacher of what Christ said:
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Hi Phillip,

I liked what you wrote until the part about the water. Permit me to rephrase and see if we can agree:

"John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of Water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

A man who is born naturally into the world (water) and born, a second time, by the Holy Spirit.

Nicodemus understood the issues concerning the water birth. He asked no questions regarding that. Jesus, in His response, never corrected nor did He add to Nicodemus' understanding about that. Jesus addressed only his lack of understanding concerning the second birth.

If we are born of the "Living water" of Christ Jesus, we will indeed live forever, never thirsting after the things of this earth.

That's why I conclude what I do that water birth is of an earthly mother.

That's also why I believe abortion is so deperately wicked.

Orm

2006/9/9 5:56
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Church: ekklesia: individual members of the church His Body on earth or saints with the Lord in heaven.

What is the Great Mystery? Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

He is presenting His Church to Himself without spot or wrinkle, That is Christ in you the Hope of Glory. What more perfect birthing would anybody want? Washing, using Himself as the cleansing agent to present His Body the Church to Himself without spot or wrinkle. He is the Water, He is the Word, He is the cleansing.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

There is only one cleansing that takes away all unrighteousness, that is being born again of Water and Spirit the Incorruptable Seed of the Father.

1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. "The washing of Water by the Word" Jesus Christ.

This is a little beyond Nicodemus, but not beyond the Spirit Teacher that is baptized into us forever.

He is speaking of being born from above, not of being born on earth again then being born from above also. This water is the same as the water being spoke of at the well, that is living water, not the water of natural birth. Being born again already makes our natural birth a given, or "again" would mean nothing.

In The Pure Water of the Word Himself Jesus Christ: Phillip

2006/9/9 19:12Profile
MilesChristi

Re:

I am not a believer in the "Once saved, Always saved" theory. I have a couple of rhetorical questions for y'all. If after one is "saved" is it possible to fall from grace? If one falls is he still saved? Can one be saved and go to hell? Salvation is an ongoing process in the life of a Christian. We are called to daily conversion, there is always room for improvement. In my intro I said I am saved, being saved, and will be saved. I am saved because of my confession of faith in Christ. I am being saved because I am "working" toward my salvation through an ongoing faith in Jesus Christ(An inward conversion.) And I will be saved ultimately from the flames of hell by the grace of God.
God Bless! :-)

2006/9/9 21:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If your salvation is of yourself, absolutely you could loose it. If Grace was attainable by anything you do, there would be on Grace. Can Christ exist in hell or better could hell exist where Christ was. What are you falling from? If Grace is not of ourselves, if salvation is not of ourselves, If you are saved who did it? If you are being saved who is doing it? If you will be saved who will do it?

What is being born again? 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Who is the Word of God?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:4 In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

We are born of God with Christ in us and the Father has given those that are Christs' to Him, do you think you can be cast out?

Jhn 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Christ in us is our salvation and exchange of spirits, form Satan's spirit to the Spirit of Christl We have a new spirit. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The Holy Spirit is our salvation of our soul and renewing our mind to the Mind of Christ. John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me:

The Holy Spirit in you. John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Teacher of the Soul: John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Will be saved: Philippians 3:20-21 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us]; "delivered", saved in spirit, "doth deliver", being saved in soul, "will yet deliver" in our glorious body like His.

No Person can get out of the Hands or into the Hands of God. If we are in His Hands we cannot get out. If we are not in His Hands we cannot get in. "so by Grace you are save through faith and that not of yourselves" Grace and Faith are not even of ourselves, but of God.

2006/9/10 3:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Paul is speaking to Christians and is NOT speaking being born again as Jesus was to Nicodemus. The implication of the washing of the water, as Paul is using the term, implies the re-newing of the mind----after the born again experience.

Quote:
Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Notice the use of the words "He might". Paul didn't say "will", did He? The word "might" implies we have a part to play in the establishing of the Church without spot or wrinkle as Paul would aslso tell us [b]we must work out our salvation[/b]. In other words, in the "working out", the Church will be established.

You overlook the meaning of being "born again". It literally means to be born twice.
The first birth is an "actual" birth of water. This should be obvious since one must first exist that he can receive anything.
Keeping in mind Father desires son's,
the second birth is a "Reality" birth of the Spirit; the indwelling of the Life of Christ.
One day the two births will be fully "actualised", summed up, in a Glorified Body.

Son's have to be physically born into world, thats the water part, and then re-born or born again by His Life, thats the Spirit part, the same one that was in the Man Jesus.

"That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him" Ephes. 1:10 (KJV)

Orm

2006/9/10 5:53
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Nicodemus was not born again and could not be until Christ was born again with His glorified Body in the resurrection. His Spirit was perfect, His Soul was Perfect, His flesh and blood body was full of all the sin of the world. His new birth, that is His resurrection body was now perfect as His Spirit and Soul were. The life of the flesh is in the blood, that is what was left at the Cross and thus the death of the Body, needing the new birth of resurrection, just like ours will be on resurrection day. Jesus was the first fruit, Nicodemus could not have been born again.

1 Peter 1:23

Born Again: 313. anagennao
Search for G313 in KJVSL
anagennaw anagennao an-ag-en-nah'-o

from 303 and 1080; to beget or (by extension) bear (again):--beget, (bear) X (again)

After death can one only be born again. Gal 2:20

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him , Verily , verily , I say unto thee , Except a man be born again , he cannot see the kingdom of God .
Born: 1080. gennao
Search for G1080 in KJVSL
gennaw gennao ghen-nah'-o

from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:--bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

Again: 509. anothen
Search for G509 in KJVSL
anwqen anothen an'-o-then

from 507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew:--from above, again, from the beginning (very first), the top

Completely different that Just being born twice.
Born Again is a new model not and old fixer upper.

2006/9/11 6:26Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

If you are truly saved(justified) you will continue being saved(sanctified) and will finally be saved(glorified).

Phil 1:6b "He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"

2006/9/13 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy