SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nellie

Re:

The Youth are getting more exposed to the things of the World, in the Church, than if they were in the World.
This must be a stench in the nostrils of God.
I praise God for the people on this forum who are standing up for the Truth.
May He give us Holy Boldness.
Nellie

2006/8/11 9:39Profile

Re: SICK RAP WORSHIP VIDEO FOR RICK WARREN'S 2006 WORSHIP CONFERENCE

roadsign said:

Quote:
I’d love to see a cool rap of the order of the books of the Bible.

Diane,

Don't you have a [i]song[/i] of the order of the books of the Bible? I know there's an ancient one over here....

2006/8/11 10:27
roadsign

Re: bible books to rap

Quote:
Don't you have a song of the order of the books of the Bible? I know there's an ancient one over here....

Yes, Docas I know one, an old Sunday School ditty - rather dated. I use it sometimes to find a book (NT)

... just want to challenge our "with-the-times" rappers.....raise the bar...

Diane

2006/8/11 10:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
First, the individual, the corporate will take care of itself and must be defended.

I was seeing something about this today, as I considered the cross, and how 1 John 4:9 says we live [i]through[/i] Him.

[i]In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, [u]that we might live through Him[/u][/i].

This got me to thinking how we should strive to yield the carnal man to the cross, that the sweetness of the Lord might have the ascendency not only in our lives, but in the Body - His Body - wherein if we love one another as we should, laying aside our own strengths that another's weaknesses might be given room to become strengthened, not only would the Body be strong because of our living [i]through[/i] the Lord, but it would also be strong in the unity of the Spirit...... because we would be of one mind in refusing to allow 'the flesh' to have the ascendency.

I hope this doesn't sound like an unattainable ideal.... I realise I've probably been one of the people who've given others the most opportunity to lay down their lives so far....
:-( and it's definitely time I joined them. :-o

2006/8/11 10:51
mingjeff

Malaysia

Re:

To me, true worship comes from a pure and sincere heart, and not merely external music. Personally speaking, I also do not like the idea of Christian rock music where the lyrics are sensual and not directed towards God. Btw, may I know what are your views on Plannet Shakers? I'm 20 btw and also play the keyboard in church.

2006/8/11 12:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
The Youth are getting more exposed to the things of the World, in the Church, than if they were in the World.

One of the reasons we dropped out of the institutional church and began a network of house churches is precisely because of that!

We homeschool. We firmly believe in not smothering our children, but protecting them as long as we can from the world while building them up in the Lord and in His Word.

So what did we find was happening in the church? The CHURCH was exposing our kids to worldiness in the name of "reaching" them.

Everyone here knows I like music... but I have to say this... show me a church where the youth group is continually going to Christian rock concerts, going to theme parks, going rafting, etc... and I'll show you a church that is not educating those kids in the Word.

There is nothing wrong with recreation! But when that becomes the emphasis in order to keep the kids, then they are completely missing it!

Take the kids street preaching. Have SERIOUS Bible study. Have SERIOUS youth prayer meetings. Yea, you'll lose kids, and numbers will drop. But give me 3 strong Christian kids anyday! God will do more to further His Kingdom with those 3 kids than He ever will with 30 kids head banging to POD.

Krispy

2006/8/11 13:50

Re:

The modern contemporary Christian music of today inhibits my worship. Being a musician I am moved by music. What I hear from "bandstand" hinders my attempt to worship by interjecting into my spirit a contrary sound[s].

Sorry 'bout that.

Orm

2006/8/11 14:15
roadsign

Re: the root cause

Quote:
God will do more to further His Kingdom with those 3 kids than He ever will with 30 kids head banging to POD.

Somehow, Krispy, I think you've just taken this entire issue to the root problem: We don't want to lose our youth.

And so we who are the older generation have allowed an entire youth culture to thrive in the church, and have not only turned a blind eye, but also have condoned the worst "music" imaginable - and I don't just mean "contemporary", I mean bad contemporary. It is an embarassment to the church and to our Lord.

These yun'ons should have remained under the mentorship of elder spiritual mothers and fathers - including more experienced musicians. Instead they have been let loose to do what they feel is right, with no idea that it is so bad. And non-musician leaders and pastors can't tell the diffence (or care not to) Maybe they don't want to offend the parents.

I had tried to counteract this trend when I saw it sprout some years ago, but, alas, whom am I anyway - just some old-fashioned stick-in-the-mud who is not "up with the times".

Let me tell you, not ALL youth like junk "food". There are many who value beautiful music and work very hard to build good skills. I work with them all the time. I teach them, and have them sing solos or play instruments in my church.. etc. Sadly, many-a church doesn't make room for the development of thier skills; or these kids can't stand the trivial stuff, and then fade out of sight.

As I said earlier, when you see something bad, the best thing to do is counteract it by doing something good. That's what you are doing, and I admire that. That, I believe, pleases God. After all, the family is more important than the institutions.

May you be blessed by this contemporary song:

HOW DEEP THE FATHER’S LOVE FOR US,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss –
The Father turns His face away,
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life –
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer;
But this I know with all my heart –
His wounds have paid my ransom.

Stuart Townend.
Copyright © 1995 Thankyou Music

Diane

2006/8/11 15:32Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

mingjeff said:

Quote:
Btw, may I know what are your views on Plannet Shakers?

I personally like planet shakers. I think that their music truly does give glory to god. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

god bless.

2006/8/11 15:45Profile

Re:

"These yun'ons should have remained under the mentorship of elder spiritual mothers and fathers - including more experienced musicians. Instead they have been let loose to do what they feel is right, with no idea that it is so bad. And non-musician leaders and pastors can't tell the diffence (or care not to) Maybe they don't want to offend the parents."

If they had elder spiritual mentors they wouldn't be playing what we are given to accept as worship music.

Orm

2006/8/11 16:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy