SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayers for Ma

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Praying for your mother.

2006/8/2 11:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers for Ma

Thank you brothers

My mom is scheduled for the operation to remove the tumor from her brain @ 11:00am, which is about 2 and half hours from the time now (8:30am)

Asking her last night how she was feeling and how she felt towards the operation, she looked at me askance as if it it was a silly question, "Fine", towards today; "I put my trust in the Lord"

Maybe it's me who needs the prayer ... ;-)

Saints, there is something hard to articulate... "Confidence" is such a ... difficult and spurious, almost dangerous construct. Having seen so much of a later sort that is really a disguised presumption ... Unbelief the opposite extremity... Thrown into the mix is the notorious and devilish anxiety, the sister of unbelief...

Tension, seems to be the word upon my lips while;

[i]Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.[/i] 1Pe 5:7

It is interesting to stop and re-read this. To see what it looks like spelled out. To wonder aloud what it appears as or might be read [i]into[/i] it. It smacks of worry. Just wanting to bear all and be open and honest, my foolishness for your benefit! Am thinking across many lines here being of that peculiar mind that tends to process so many things all at once...

Maybe it is just to cast it all out at once, upon God alone while not alone amongst the brethren. This faith that is ours is a most precious thing, that we might value it above everything. If I could somehow express just what profound possibilities there are by way of prayer ...

Everything to this point with my dear mom is, by way of prayer been effectual and has continued to be so. How this cut's across all aspects of matters great and 'small'! It is the Lord who has done all these things, in His way and with the intercession of His children.

What am I trying to say? Have nothing profound, just stark, even surprising to myself ... transparency eking out.

Trusting the Lord? Oh, absolutely.
How about you? In your concerns and matters?
For your family and loved ones?
For those souls the Lord has laid upon you.

For 'revival'

For the backslidden
For the misguided
For the street preacher and the man in the pulpit

For each other

Here

For the prayer requests that come through

For all things

For Gods sake
And His glory
For the pre-eminence of Jesus

And that He might be known in all power and in all truth.

Of all the spiritual gifts available...
This one...

Prayer

The possibilities!

Be everlastingly at it saints.
I need your's and I dare say...
You need mine.

2006/8/3 11:21Profile
Nellie

Re:

May God touch you and your Mother.
God Bless
Nellie

2006/8/3 12:41Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Prayers for Ma

Mike,

I am praying even now. Please keep us updated.

:-)

2006/8/3 12:42Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Quote:
Prayer

The possibilities!

Be everlastingly at it saints.
I need your's and I dare say...
You need mine.

Amen and Amen. So very true. Praying for you and your mother and family brother.

2006/8/3 12:47Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers for Ma

Thank you everyone...

Praise God. The surgery went well, her brain was really swolen from the tumor but 'deflated' after it was removed. Some small concerns about her right side being weak but the coming days will tell. We only got to see her momentarily but ...

My mom is just incredible and the Lord ... I am so thankful. My heart thanks you all.

2006/8/3 23:38Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

{quote} Mike
Maybe it's me who needs the prayer ...

Mike, I read the other day that it is often harder to be next to the bed than in it.

2006/8/4 0:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Mike, I am lifting this situation up before the Lord.

2006/8/4 0:12Profile

Quote:
Thrown into the mix is the notorious and devilish anxiety, the sister of unbelief...

Mike, this sentence really blessed me.

May the Lord minister health and strength to your mother, particularly the hip surgery site. Praise God that He just loves to do miracles as we throw ourselves into His care.

Quote:
A praying soul, even before making any mention of these things. For the theologically argumentative, her friend and my folks are Catholic. I pray I need not further stress the point here, but there is much to be learned in practical matters of the faith and I will leave it at that...

This is very true, and should remind many of us not to be complacent in our well-doing for others. When I was in need of practical help, it was those who'd been brought up in the Catholic tradition who knew what to do and did it willingly. God bless the hearts of all who seek to show His love this way.

It is wonderful to hear how stalwart your mom is. Thank you so much for sharing her with us, as well as your trepidation.

2006/8/4 5:55
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers for Ma

Again, thank you saints.

How well you have all read between the lines here.

Quote:
Mike, I read the other day that it is often harder to be next to the bed than in it.

More so than I would have even imagined. Was kidding all of the family yesterday that it was [i]us[/i] that needed the prayer... Having been a former 'worry wart' think there is still some residue left buried somewhere, quite different than in days past ... The Lord dropped this verse into my thought's out of nowhere yesterday;

...[i] perfect love casteth out fear[/i] 1Jo 4:18

My gratitude knows no end.

Hope I can incorporate (or is it recruit?)and reflect off of this some intercession for our brother here [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11662&forum=35#91004]PLEASE PRAY[/url] It seems it has become a particular burden and seeing how effective all your prayers have been ... If the Lord leads.

Great saints you are, thank you all.

2006/8/4 10:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy