SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : It IS World War Three

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

"Would we send our daughters off to have sex if it would benefit our country? Yet, we send our sons off to kill when we think it would benefit our country!"

- Leonard Ravenhill

2006/7/23 16:50Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Paul West

brethren

Quote:
forgive me if I seem harsh, but I'm wondering how deep the love of the church for the Jewish people really is.

that is a good question...do we say we love the jews to sooth our consciences or do we mean it?

2006/7/23 18:07Profile
markm

Re:

Quote:
"If we do not go to the heathen with the Gospel they will come to us, as occupation armies."

-- Brother Andrew

(In reference to the USSR invading Poland. Seems still valid in reference to Islamic nations.)

2006/7/23 18:50Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
"Would we send our daughters off to have sex if it would benefit our country? Yet, we send our sons off to kill when we think it would benefit our country!"

This is striking statement.
Do you know the source of it?

2006/7/23 19:04Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
Do you know the source of it?

It's from Leonard Ravenhill in one of the resources on this site.

PassingThru

2006/7/23 19:19Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro mike
you said:

Quote:
Are you sure you want to presume that was the case?

in response to:
Quote:
Did God use the hitlerites to scourge us by burning 6 million in the ovens of Europe?

God did use the nations around Israel in times past to be His tools in judging her, why would the holocaust be any different? i think Art Katz takes a similar position to bro bartle on the holocaust and then also speaks of 9-11 as judgement on us too, i agree in both cases.

you also said:
Quote:
That's vauge and not any different than the political pundints or news media educated guess. Have a great deal of problem with these sort of stipulations. What happens if things die down and settle out for a season? Do we hear the report's from our 'prophet's' ... "I was wrong"? It seems so rare I cannot even recall to mind a single instance of recanting, generally it is either forgotten, recapitulated or twisted into another version of something yet future.

in response to:
Quote:
will give to you what the Spirit has revealed to me, that in the coming days, America will suffer a grievous hideous attack on its shores, that will far eclipse the attack of 9/11.

i suppose that the statement was vague but that doesn't discount it as being false. the fact that even the pundits say similar things doean't mean that bro Bartle didn't receive it from on High either. i don't think that the prophets were unaware of what was going on around them politically, in fact i think that they knew what was up in most cases but our Lord showed them how it all fit into His plan. even the the apostates in Israel knew full well that the Babylonians were on their doorstep ready to invade!just as we all know, heathen or not that it's only a matter of time till the next attack.

if things settle down for a season that doesn't mean the prophecy is invalid, it may yet come to pass. if it doesn't then obviously the prophet ought to recant.

all this speaks to what we talked about on the prophetic credentials 2 thread wherein i said that we ought not write everything off as false because it just as bad as accepting everything as the truth. we ought to test the word of the prophet and let our Lord show us if it is from Him or not.

our Lord has told me similar things to what bro Bartle has said concerning the coming judgement on our nation and the world in general by visions and the interpretations thereof. i don't doubt the validity of what bro bartle is saying but i do agree in as much as there is always a need for caution.

2006/7/23 20:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
if things settle down for a season that doesn't mean the prophecy is invalid, it may yet come to pass. if it doesn't then obviously the prophet ought to recant.

When?

In some indefinite time frame?

2006/7/23 21:38Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Mike

Quote:
In some indefinite time frame?

here is the thing i suppose, if things settle down for however long, the prophecy is not necessarily invalidated, how long was it until the prophecies of jeremiah came true? 50/70 yrs or something like that?he started out as a young man when God called him to be a prophet and it was at the end of his life that the judgement came right? surely in that time the people thought all was well. neither one of us can put a definite time frame on how long the calm would be.

i believe our Lord will reveal more and more details about timing the closer the event comes to whomever He is sending with the word.

much to consider huh? :-?

edit

i guess the time frame would be God's time no?

2006/7/23 21:56Profile

Re: It IS World War Three

MikeB said

Quote:
"I was wrong"? It seems so rare I cannot even recall to mind a single instance of recanting,

I think this is because many prophecies of old, did not come to pass during the lifetime of the prophet. How is a prophet to know his prophecy will never come to pass, if he is to die before its time anyway?

The other thing on my mind about bartle and Ironman's assertions of having heard from God of some terrible event worse than 9/11, is of our members on SI who have had dreams and visions of which they are unclear of the interpretations, but, the actual visuals are totally compatible with a very serious event in N. America. I think of LetUsPray, Scroggins, and most recently, Ignitemysoul on 2006/7/4. Although he offered a location by guesswork, what he saw is compatible with aspects of LetUsPray's revelation that an event would occur in North-eastern USA, possibly reaching into Canada.

I think the urgency which these brethren felt during these revelations, [i][b]should[/b][/i] cause us all ask ourselves how ready we are to meet our Maker. Once the details of that is really settled in our hearts, we can be more use to the Lord, free from fear and scepticism, simply willing to lay down our lives if that should be an aspect of our callings.

2006/7/24 6:28

Re: It IS World War Three

bartle said

Quote:
My next duty post overseas will be in North Korea with a Korean langauge Bible in my hand, only God knows when that day will come.

Can anyone remember the name of the brother on SI, who is in (or near) South Korea, (I think) who was asking for help with translation for his small flock of two, meeting in a small house church?

(If I've got the wrong language group here, please correct me.)

I just wonder if those who do understand the Korean language and English, might be able to help him there, by email, occasionally?

2006/7/24 6:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy