SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials II

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I believe (I hope) you meant FORE telling is a small percentage of the ministry of a prophet...

FORE telling or FORTH telling?

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

I do hope Forth-telling is a tremendous part of this Gift.

One Forth-tells what is already written in scripture. A New testament Prophet does not fore-tell anything not already written and backed up by the finished completed Word of God. THAT WOULD PROBABLY COME UNDER THE CATEGORY OF FORTUNE-TELLING.

We do seem to be seeing much of that today, where not all are 100% accurate and they want you to think that's ok too.

We have Genesis - Revelation...the Alpha and Omega of God's Word. Nothing new and different is going to change the facts.

Every Gift in the Body is as important as the other, and can't even function without the other members. We should never glory in our Gifts, but Glory in the Lord who gave us gifts that cannot operate without His power working through us.

We should never think more highly of ourselves as we ought.

But we are called to obedience in using our Gifts. Unfortunately, carnal baby Christians, rather then grasping their own and growing in what God gave to them, sometimes envy someone else's, and we know the spirit of envy is murder.

I once heard a very wise pastor say, the greatest enemy in the church is Carnal Baby Christians. They do more damage by not getting out of the way, many times hindering God's work, by jealousy, gossip, or complaining ( driven by envy) then the outside unsaved world.

The rivalry that goes on with those who sing...Christian Musicians is an example. Someone getting more press more compliments etc, watch out. Yet how often too do many of these stand in the Glory of God taking the bow of applause...receiving that Dove Award for the most albums sold.

True Gifts bring death to self, because then and only then can the Holy Spirit work through you. Our gifts do not work through our flesh, as the Holy Spirit does not anoint our flesh by any means.

Anyone can have charisma...just look at those self help guru's... Ra! Ra! Re! cheerleaders, the Joel Osteen types who have audiences cheering. FLESH excites FLESH!

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2008/1/2 13:35
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Katy-did said:

Our gifts do not work through our flesh, as the Holy Spirit does not anoint our flesh by any means.

If you read what I said earlier you will see someone who operates in the prophetic can see something in there gifting and then can then jump right into the flesh (get angry) to try and deal with it and completly make a mess of it.

Please read about Moses in Numbers 20

-------------------------------------------------
Katy-did said:

I once heard a very wise pastor say, the greatest enemy in the church is Carnal Baby Christians or the world.

He is very foolish. A pastor can do far more damage in the church than a Carnal Baby Christain. Look at what is going on in the church right know is that Carnal Baby Christians and the world.

A Pastor feels threatened by someone in his church he thinks that person is better than them and out of that insecurity he attacks that person from his pulpit. After years and years of putting up with this they have left the church hate God and are in Lesbian marriage.

The same Pastor goes away on mission the leadership team is left in charge of getting the quartly magazine ready. His instruction are get it done. He comes back sees the magazine he calls a church meeting where three churchs come together. He hands out the magazines to everyone there and asks who was involved in doing this as they stand once they are there feet. HE GOES MAD I MEAN MAD. Made evryone look stupid and told them they had to pay for the magazine cause he never approved it. After years and years of abuse these leaders leave the church and have never set foot in another church.

My wife says she met one woman that used to go to that church and after about 5 years would like to go back but is scared she will get shouted at.

Children in the church couldn't move with someone getting on there case. Come on take hold of Jesus. Most are off chasing after the world some are drug dealers some drug addicts. A girl who is know fully grown still cuts herself she still hates God.

Sad, very sad. The Pastor still runs of to the nations to preach. He has went from having three churchs to none one burnt down, one closed down due the lack of finances someone took over the leadership in the other. He has never repented for utterly destroying peolpes lives.

Oh I forgot to mention BMW and Jaguar cars nice big house with ministry maintenance team down doing work on the house most days.

Hey he was Gods prophet he had the word of God of course he was right...

Coming to a church near you soon.......
----------------------------------------------

2008/1/2 21:00Profile

Re:

murrcolr,

Quote:
If you read what I said earlier you will see someone who operates in the prophetic can see something in there gifting and then can then jump right into the flesh (get angry) to try and deal with it and completely make a mess of it.

Oh, I definitely agree.

However, that's not what I was talking about. Paul talks about carnality in 1st Corinthians 3. James too talks about carnality.....immaturity. But thank the Lord, we all have to Grow up sometime, and the Lord sees to it we do.

Even Moses. Gee, when he tried to protect his brethren who were being abused and ended up killing someone...WOW. Then of coarse, when he struck that rock out of anger...even after 40 years tending sheep preparing him for God's calling on his life....yet look, Who was standing with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration? Moses!

You know, our real growth comes through our failures. Peter denied Christ three times, but look at Peter's transformation over time.

Who in scripture was perfect? Was David...Oh no!
A murderer and adulterer.

The greatest blessings we have are through our failures...we learn...when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul said, forget those things that are behind and press on to what is ahead. Get up guys, and keep those Nike’s on.

Don't let the enemy beat you down and tell you what a failure you are....press on....press on... repent, confess...and move out.

Murrcolr, I'm sorry you have not experienced a Godly Church with Godly leadership. But you know what...that's no excuse to turn lesbian...under any circumstances. You can't blame others for your own failures. If you look at man and put him on a pedestal, and that man falls, taking you with him....you are in idolatry to begin with...worshiping man.

I've been in churches like you describe, and it only made me stronger.

Something interesting the Lord showed me....when the children of Israel were in Egypt.....it says they grew bold and strong under that oppression. Look at the first part of Exodus.

I am sorry because you sound so bitter. Yes, there are imposters in the Church trafficking in the Gospel...that makes me angry too, and has actually made me very bold and strong in the Lord.

I've seen a lot of junk too...stuff that would make you gag, but it only shows me how close we are to the return of the Lord, and how much the Lord has pressed on my heart to speak up and speak out.

When God knows your heart...even if others misunderstand it...it's God and He alone we please...not man.

It's going to get worse, I do agree. But YOUR faith is not dependent upon someone elses arrogance, disobedience or false prophecy.

Be a good Berean, and search out the scriptures for yourself to see if what they are saying is true.

You can't love God and mammon ...so there it is..falsies.

God Bless you murrcolr

With Love
Katy :-)

2008/1/2 22:54
dohzman

forth telling or fore telling?----oops:(

Quote:
I believe (I hope) you meant FORE telling is a small percentange of the ministry of a prophet.

I used the wrong wording, I meant fore telling the future events, sorry for the confusion it may have caused. You was right Clint, also enjoyed your follow up post, a good read.

2008/1/3 6:31Profile
psalm1

Re: forth telling or fore telling?----oops:(

It seems to me from reading the posts that the main belief is the prophets just kind of shoot up out of nowhere.
Different people have different callings.
A pastor by most everyone definition usually is a gifted speaker.
A musician usually has a music talent.
A teacher usually a teaching gifting or mantle and so on.
There are people with prophetic callings.
The first time a teacher teaches do they look like a seasoned veteran?....NO!
The first sermon of a pastor does he sound like a seasoned veteran?...NO
Does the evangelist have the confidence of finny in his early stages?...NO

But the poor prophet is somehow not afforded this same early growth patience.

Go figure!!

David

2008/1/3 7:52Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Scripture ?

David,

Do you just skim over these things and then make these kinds of pronouncements? There is no scripture to back any of this up or to apply it to. You would have to be disregarding an awful lot of exhortation to even examine just what a prophet is in this day again according to scripture. If you wanted to apply this here in specifics even though it is wrong, I do believe it has been expressed these were somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 year burdens at least in one case. Just how long is the growth process according to your logic?

You are defending that which you do not even understand. But, you are not alone here. You might want to take a look at the other post with the apologies to get an idea of what I mean.

2008/1/3 10:15Profile
psalm1

Re: Scripture ?

I think i only brought out the obvious. but your comments prove my logic.
Otherwise you wouldn't resist what I brought to light.
All prophets teachers evangelists, pastors etc. have their beginnings somewhere.
This automatically constitutes growth.

as far as scripture ? pick one.
Elijah and Elisha
1 Cor 14; 24 ,31 ,39
Also Eph 4;11 He gave some apostles,prophets pastors...........For the perfecting of the saint for the work of the ministry.
You dont think Andrew strom had his beginnings somewhere?
A prophet is not a prophet because he bats 100%
A prophet is a prophet because of the prophetic mantle or anointing.
Why would Paul say earnestly pursue the gifts but mostly the gift of prophecy?
Because now the prophet is inside us...JESUS
WE MAY ALL PROPHESY!!

David

2008/1/3 11:39Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

psalm1 said:

It seems to me from reading the posts that the main belief is the prophets just kind of shoot up out of nowhere.

Who mentioned about prophets popping up out of nowwhere.

What is with the go figure attitude.....

I Corinthians 13v1-2 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I AM NOTHING.

2008/1/3 13:00Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Katy-did

There is a long story involved here which I don't really want to go into. As it would take up to much time. I came across that way to put my point across to you. God has done a work in me if he had not I would not be on here. I love God, I love his son, I love the Holy Spirit and I love the man who caused all the hurt but he must humble himself before God and Men. I will not be content until God comes down and I will do what ever God requires of me to make it happen.

Isaiah 64 v1-2 Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might quake at thy presence, as when fire kindleth the brushwood, and the fire causeth the waters to boil; to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence!

One of things that came out of what I went through was God spoke to me he told me the Church is Dead. I have often wondered about and thought about what he meant. I have been asking him to teach me about what he meant. You should listen to the featured sermon.

The adversary in the church by Milton Green

My Friend The Church is Dead.........

2008/1/3 13:22Profile
psalm1

Re:

Murrcolr, Then am I to assume that there is a growth period of the young prophet?
Maybe the point is everyone knows this and it is just escaping my eye?

If thats the case I do apologise.
I just havent seen it mentioned.
I didnt know Go figure was bad!
You should have seen what I deleted![just kidding!]

David

2008/1/3 13:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy