SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bibles: the need for in China.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Bibles: the need for in China.

I am not sure how much people know about the need for Bibles in countries like China. I'm one of a few based in Hong Kong couriering (or "smuggling") Bibles across the border into China. ;-)

The most conservative number expressing Chinese Christian's need for Bibles is "50 Million" (Christian's without Bibles in China). The Bibles we are currently moving are for Pastors who are without.

I was wondering how many people knew of the need, and prayerfully if anyone has had this on their heart and wants to serve in this way (or to countries like Laos or Vietnam who also are in similar situations). Eiher way, I can imagine Bible smuggeling could raise an interesting topic.

2006/7/19 10:50Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Bibles: the need for in China.

although, I don't know of any way to personally bring any Bibles into China, is there a way to contribute either funds or Bibles to yourself or another organization that meets this need?

I'm sure I personally have at least half a dozen Bibles I use to study different things. It is horrible that my brothers and sisters have none. :-o

2006/7/19 11:43Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

There are a few groups that bring Bibles to house churches in China. Here is a link to one that I am familar with, they can print and deliver Bibles to China for $2.25 each.

[url=http://www.asiaharvest.org/index.html]Asia Harvest[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2006/7/19 12:56Profile
DerekSpalla

Powder Springs, Georgia

Re: Bibles: the need in China.

This is an excellent topic and one that has been close to my heart for years. [url=http://www.asiaharvest.org/]Asia Harvest[/url] is a great organization. I actually had an opportunity to go to China two years ago. I was able, with a small group to get some Bibles in the hands of new believers.

Since then, I have shipped to these new believers, more Bibles and other books such as “Heavenly Man” by Brother Yun and “Back To Jerusalem” by Paul Hattaway.

This year I am planning to join [url=http://www.opendoorsusa.org/]Open Doors[/url] to be a Bible courier into China and other parts of Asia. The courier program through Open Doors would be a great opportunity for someone to get involved. See their [url=http://www.opendoorsusa.org/Display.asp?Page=ChinaCourierFAQs]FAQ[/url] on the subject.

I was first introduced to the situation in China through Brother Andrew’s book “God’s Smuggler” and through the organization [url=http://www.persecution.com/]The Voice of the Martyrs[/url]. VOM is a great place to get the latest info on the persecuted Church around the world.

Kind Regards,

Derek

2006/7/19 14:21Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re:

I highly recommend [url=http://www.asiaharvest.org]Asia Harvest[/url]. They are personally involved with [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/082546207X/sr=8-1/qid=1153341518/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-1719650-8404745?ie=UTF8]Brother Yun ("The Heavenly Man")[/url] and because of this they have personal access to the house church movement in China. Because of this access they can cheaply smuggle bibles into China for about 2.25 a piece.

2006/7/19 16:42Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: Bibles: ACTION

It's really nice to know you can pay $2.50 and have one book enter China - I love Asia Harvest and I totally agree with their efforts. I want it to be made perfectly clear to everyone that the need for Bibles in China is "50 Million". Pastors without Bibles throughout China, and the letters I have read when Bibles are delivered - the need is MASSIVE.

This is something I do full-time, 5 days a week - cross the border into China from Hong Kong. I am not boasting, I am trying to get this Forum talking about "REALITY and ACTION". Consider the number - Open Doors did a fantastic job of 1 Million in one day once, but haven't been able to repeat that (as you can imagine the Government have cracked down big time on Open Doors, and I have sources that they backed away from Hong Kong for a few months due to security).

I see the customs every day at the border crossing - I know what it's like to have my Bibles taken from me oh to well. My prayer is that someone will be moved to do more then ease their conscience that they spent $2.50 and dedicate if only two weeks to move TONS of Bibles!!

If you're interested, post or click my name and leave a personal message. The organisation I am with is called Autumn Rain, they've been around since the late 1980's and are heavily linked with RCMI (www.rcmi.ac) and Voice of the Martyrs. (www.persecution.com)

Dean

2006/7/19 19:57Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: Bibles: How they get in

I thought it might shed some light if people knew how we (and others) get Bibles to home Church's in China. This will be 'non specific' with details, yet still giving an idea.

Some "smuggle" small amounts, trekking into China to deliver in person. This is nice, but 'can' be a security issue when officials see white people around (ie. officials may start raids on underground Church's) - mainly this way doesn't move great numbers. (Although is fantastic if you're in there to teach as well, RCMI do a great job, God bless Dennis Balcombe)

We have an office (full of Chinese Bibles) in Hong Kong (point A) and a location somewhere in China (point B), we move them across the border from point A to point B until we have enough to make delivery to any province of any amount needed. We move large amounts and sometimes have large teams. We moved 10.2 tons in two weeks a little while ago with some Australians, Americans and a New Zealander.

How do we do this? by fasting and praying.

2006/7/19 20:38Profile
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

Great subject. You know for the past few weeks I have wondered if it were still illegal to have Bibles in China, so it is great that this subject came up.

How hard would it be to print Bibles in China, (secretly ofcourse)?

2006/7/19 21:57Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: Illegal or not? What the 'customs' forms say.

The customs regulations say that you "can not carry printed matter that is detrimental to Chinese Society culture or the economy". We carry the same Bible that they print in China. So if the Bible that groups like us carry are bad for China then so are the ones that are printed in China. Their argument makes no sense. :-(

In fact even if it were illegal to carry the Bible to China and we risked stiff penalties I still believe that we should carry the Bible to China. As things are, it is not illegal to carry Bibles to China and we are grateful for the work of the Bible Society in printing Bibles in China. But the fact is that the Communist government in China "strictly" controls the number of Bibles being printed and they do not want all Christians especially the house Churches to have assess to the Word of God. So we and all other groups that do not work with the government must work to carry Bibles into China.

That aside, yes, they do confiscate our Bibles if we are caught, they do their best to stop Bibles from coming in.

2006/7/19 22:13Profile
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

Re: Secretly printing Bibles in China

China: Christian Had His Fingernails Pulled Out
Voice of the Martyrs, June 19, 2003
CHINA REPORT: Zhejiang Province

A Christian man called Mr. 'He-Man' was arrested in February 2003, charged with 'illegal printing', and later sentenced to five years in prison. The man was found with Christian materials including various books, Bibles, and CD's.

During his initial interrogation, Mr He-Man was tortured for information regarding his sources and who he was working with. Each one of his 10 fingernails were torn out in an effort to make him speak. A close friend of He-Man reported that he remained silent through the ordeal and thanked God for the strength to do so.

He-Man has started serving his prison sentence and will need our prayers.

I hear that if you want to secretly print the Bible, you might get away with it for two years before being caught and put in prison. If you are willing - do it.

2006/7/19 22:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy