SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

'Doubts are like birds, you can't stop them flying over your head, but you can stop them nestling in your hair.' You could change doubts to temptations aswell. We don't have to listen to the devil and what he tells us!

1 John 2:1-2 - 'My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.'

Note the '[b]if[/b] any man sin...'

Brothers and sisters, we do not have to sin, we do not have to give in to temptation, we do not have to roll over and let Satan rule over us. We are in the middle of a battle, and we must fight against him in the strength of our Saviour Jesus Christ.

2006/7/14 5:06
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

“A prayerless man is proud and independent, and any church that neglects corporate prayer is sadly no better. Only God's humble and needy children take the time to pray. Everyone else is just going through the motions and naively trusting in their own strength!” –David Smithers

2006/7/14 5:09Profile
bobmcd510

Re:

[b]David Brainerd[/b]
'Farewell, vain world; my soul can bid Adieu. My Savior taught me to abandon you. Your charms may gratify a sensual mind. But cannot please a soul for God Designed.'

'Oh! how amazing it is that people can talk so much about men's power and goodness, when if God did not hold us back every moment, we should be devils incarnate!'

[b]Horatius Bonar - words to winners of souls[/b]

'The soul and eternity of one man depends upon the voice of another'

(speaking of winning souls) 'if our heart is truly set upon this end, it must gain it, or else break upon losing it'

'He that saved our souls has taught us to weep for the unsaved'

'The loss of even 1 soul is terrible beyond conception.'

[b]Zac Poonen[/b]
'You know they boasted about the Titanic, that it was the one ship that could not be sunk. Somebody said ‘God Almighty can’t sink this ship’ You can be pretty sure when somebody says something like that it’s going to sink on it’s first voyage. But there is one ship that isn’t going to sink.. and that’s the church'

'God gives us a million and one things and all we can think and pray about is that ONE he hasn't given us... man is a MISERABLY selfish creature'

'was there anything Jesus wanted from this earth besides you and me? … NOTHING'

'When we say that there's only 1 way of salvation, people say ‘you’re very narrowminded’. But the truth is always narrow minded. 2 + 2 = 4.. it’s not 3.9, it’s not 4.1'

In Heaven there is a song – ‘thou alone art worthy’

[b]Leonard Ravenhill [/b]
'Isn’t the essence of Christianity Christ in you the hope of glory?.. There’s no other religion in the world where a man’s God comes down and lives inside of him'

'one of the most amazing things Jesus said is at the judgment seat preachers are going to say ‘I cast out devils’ and Jesus will say ‘I never knew you’'

[b] Michael Phillips [/b]
'if you want to overcome the fear of man, turn your fear into pity.. suppose the day of judgment has come and they are before God'

'By temperment, I am not a dogmatic person.. and not a stickler for every undotted I or uncrossed T, but let me speak to you as plainly as I can.. if you do not believe in the resurrection of Christ, you are damned.. even if you are a good person, and deeply religious. I get no pleasure from saying that , its embarrasing to say it in a pluralistic world, but embarrasing or not, it’s true. There is life for everyone who believes in the resurrection of Christ, there is death for every one who doesn’t'

'Grace and pride contradict each other. You can have 1 or the other but you can’t have both. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble'

[b]The Psalmist [/b]
'Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.' - Psa 116:15

2006/7/14 16:13Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.
~ C. T. Studd

Measure thy life by loss and not by gain.
Not by the wine drunk, but by the wine poured forth.
For love’s strength standeth in love’s sacrifice.
And He who suffers most has most to give.

~ Ugo Bassi

The more we pay for any truth, the better is our bargain.
~ William Law

Prayer is the highest activity of the human soul, and therefore it is at the same time the ultimate test of a man’s true spiritual condition (there is nothing so much as prayer life that tells the truth about us as Christina people.) Everything we do in the Crhistian life is easier than prayer.
~ Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones

2006/7/17 3:13Profile
Ethan

Dubai

Re:

We love Him that's why we fear Him
not that
We fear Him so that we Love Him

2006/7/17 4:38Profile
bobmcd510

Re:

"A minister of God's word needs a deep love and longing for his people that dwindles his bible knowledge."

"The wicked of today hate to hear the word 'repent!'. The wicked of the past wish they could hear it just once more."

"A sign of life is you have a good appetite. And spiritual food is doing God's work – His will - Jn 4:34"

2006/7/22 20:14Profile
bonni

montana usa

Re:

"Pride is the secret of division,Humility the secret of fellowship" Robert C Chapman

2006/7/22 22:33Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

We are in danger of forgetting that we cannot do
what God does, and that God will not do what we
can do.

- Oswald Chambers

2006/7/24 0:34Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

No sort of defense is needed for preaching outdoors, but it would take a very strong argument to prove that a man who has never preached beyond the walls of his meetinghouse has done his duty. A defense is required for services within buildings rather than for worship outside of them.
-William Booth

2006/7/24 0:35Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Our murmuring is the devil's music.
-Thomas Watson

2006/7/24 0:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy