SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Great Quotes 6

[color=6600FF]The life of the Lord in us is a spring of living water--ever flowing without variation. Nothing is wrong with the inlet: It is the outlet that is obstructed. The water of life does not spring forth because the flow has no way through. Were the outlet cleared, the water of life would flow unceasingly. What a child of God needs is not more life but more flow of life. "

Brother Watchman Nee[/color]

2007/1/5 12:39Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"Tried this morning especially to pray against idols in the shape of my books and studies. These encroach upon my direct communion with God, and need to be watched." - taken from "Andrew Bonar: Diary & Life" on Saturday, September 7, 1850

2007/1/5 15:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Pride is a sin which of all sins, makes a person
most like Satan. Pride is Satan's disease. Pride
is so base a disease, that God had rather see His
dearest children to be buffeted by Satan, than
that in pride they should be like Satan."

Taken from [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13960&forum=45&0]Here[/url]

2007/1/7 14:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The history of God's specific movements with the Church is not the history of His adding something, but of His bringing back to the primal fullness with which He filled His Son."
-T. Austin Sparks

2007/1/8 23:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"I am not yet weaned from all created glory, honor, wisdom, and esteem of others, for I have a secret motive to eye my name in all I do."

- Author Unknown, taken from a prayer titled [i]The Dark Guest[/i], in [i]The Valley of Vision[/i] Puritan Prayers and Devotions

2007/1/10 1:18Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"I was invited to a gathering one time, where their brochure announced there would be a worship leader demonstrating radical worship...

...the term “radical worship” did cause me to think of a couple of instances in the Bible which I would describe as being radical worship. Job, a righteous man, afflicted by Satan with God’s permission so that he lost almost everything, and was afflicted with a very severe skin disease and sat in a pile of ashes, worshipping God. I would call that very radical."

- George H. Warnock

[i]Qoute taken from here[/i] [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14193&forum=40]Latter Rain Pioneer Warnock Looks to Future[/url]

2007/1/11 20:53Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: George Warnock

Dear Chris,

Thanks for sharing this. I love GW. Awesome man of God. I have read all of his books I could get my hands on and thought them excellent.

thanks again. :-D

2007/1/12 0:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: George Warnock qoute

Dear Goldminer, I'm so glad that sharing the qoute was a blessing to you! It is a joy to share blessings with each other.

I wish you all goodness and fullness in God and Christ Jesus,

Chris

2007/1/12 20:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The glory of God is the health of the universe. And where God is not glorified that place is sick."
-A.W. Tozer

2007/1/16 3:36Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Great Quotes 6 George H. Warnock

Quote:

Many times in our walk with God, and in spiritual warfare, we may present an image of defeatism to the world about us, or to the Church. We just have to recognize that, and bear the reproach of it all. We are not really defeated...we are just projecting that image in the purpose of God for the eventual defeat of the enemy.

AFTER REPENTENCE, AFTER THE ROOTING OUT OF THE IDOLS OF THE HEART...GOD'S INTERVENTION IN OUR LIVES PRODUCES SUCH A WORKING OF GRACE THAT THE FAILURE ITSELF IN ENTWINED INTO HIS PURPOSES, AND GREATER IS THE GLORY THAT MAY COME FORTH FROM IT!

"Beauty for Ashes" by George H. Warnock

2007/1/16 10:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy