SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  Rick Warren to Preach in Communist North Korea

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro iwantanguish
our Lord will surely try the works of rick warren and his ministry and like you say much of it will burn away. what concern of yours or mine is that? this is not to say we should not be aware, but we should also see what works of our own will burn away...let's be willing to turn the same light on ourselves. i am convinced that the reason why our preaching is ineffective is because much of what we preach has not been wrought in our own lives. we preach abstinence before and fidelity in marriage and yet our children fornicate and we commit adultery. the heathen can see through that and if that is not falsely professing God then i don't know what is. if we ourselves have not reckoned with what we preach and admonish people to do, we speak truth yes but truth without the life of Christ for it is the life of Christ which changes people. we could yack, yack and yack all day long but if there is no evidence of what we're yacking about in our own lives, then the yacking serves no purpose and it is in fact bearing false witness.

Quote:
But I would have to say God is not impressed at all.

let us ask then "is God impressed with me?"

Quote:
What did Uzziah receive as his reward when he tried to touch the ark ? What happened when the jews tried to modernize the ark of God with a cart on wheels ?

what reward will we receive if we do the same? dare we condemn (even if we are right) any man and think ourselves exempt somehow or not FIRST examine ourselves?

Quote:
What is going to happen to Rick Warren and his contemporary Christianity ? It will all undergo the test of God's holy fire, and it will all burn away.

what will happen to rick warren is of no consequence to what will happen to us. the only thing which is of any consequence is what will happen to the works which WE have done. if i have failed God, you will not receive the condemnation thereof and vice versa but if you have failed then you receive the condemnation for your failiure.

what will happen to what we have done?

2006/7/11 11:25Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

sis dorcas
you know, when our Lord had me post, i'd not read what you'd written but this is the beauty of fellowship. i did then read what our Lord had said through you and just was blown away at how our Lord works.

praise God for bringing us together in this place!

another thing which struck me is many of us are upset in some measure that it's rick warren going, how many of us really would go if given the chance. some of us don't have guts enough to even say a peep when someone curses (i'm guilty) who among us has guts enough to risk our lives to go there? just some things to consider prayerfully.

2006/7/11 11:35Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I would ask everyone to look at some of the articles on this site.[url=http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/index.html]Lighthouse Trails[/url]
These folks are concerned with what is going on with the Purpose Driven, and Contemplative movement in the Body. It is interesting to note that when we warn others of questionable teachings, why is it that we are told not to judge, or let's just see what happens. Brethren if someone placed cyanide in your water would you want me to warn you before you drank it, or should I wait and see what would happen?
Rick Warren has strong ties to Robert Schuller as does Bill Hybels, their doctrine is not far from his, just heavily disguised in Christian terminology.The basis of this doctrine is man, the beneficiary is man. It is interesting that we all have heard "Ten shekels and a shirt" yet here we are defending someone preaching the very thing Brother Reidhead warns us of.
Are we or are we not to defend the faith once delivered?
Now just so you know, I am not saying that GOD cannot use Mr Warren, but I would say that Mr Warren would first have to know intimately the one whom he preaches about, and HIS Gospel. I am amazed that GOD can use anyone anywhere, but this does not mean that we just blindly put our heads in the sand and say "well GOD will do what HE will do" that is laziness, and that is part of the reason we are in this debacle in the first place. Please just look into who this man uses to help train his pastors. It is a man named Ken Blanchard who has, and maintains strong ties to New Age beliefs, and seminars. He even wrote the foreward for the book if I remember correctly. What fellowship has light with dark? Also look at what this is doing to congregations where the PDL is brought in. Those who stand up and say this is wrong are forced out of the church.
[url=http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/resistersdieorleave.htm]Resist Die Or Leave[/url]

2006/7/11 13:42Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Hi again Dorcas, glad you are doing well :-)

A couple things as I'm reading over the responses in this thread.

Quote:
...if anything suggests God has His hand on whatever Rick Warren is going to do in N Korea, (just as He has His hand on what Satan is allowed to do), it is that a number of us broke away from false teaching to seek a relationship with God which answered all our hearts' desire to be experientially saved.

Can see your point here, although I'm not sure if this isn't a case of perceiving an ultimate good instead of seeking a present one? Sort of like the difference between the theology of

Quote:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

and the application of

Quote:
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Just an observation.

Am thinking of all this in the light of something Roaringlamb has posted about Mr. Warren so that is where my thoughts are headed.

Quote:
Whatever the state of Rick Warren's faith, I think he deserves not a little honour for being willing to agree to go.

Sister, that is true, there is a certain honor in going there, but I'm not certain it is a godly honor? Thinking back to the story of Balaam, he was willing to go and [b]speak only the words of God[/b]. But it appears too that, becuase he couldn't profit in it, he was also [b]willing[/b] to earn [i]the wages of unrighteousness[/i] by other means, by teaching Balak to entice the children of Israel into fornication and idolatry and thousands of them fell because of it.

Brothers and sisters, I watch and read and interact here, striving always to maintain unity amongst us, to look beyond much that I might disagree with, even strongly disagree with, intending to know nothing among you all, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

But I agree with these sentiments of Roaringlamb also,

Quote:
It is interesting to note that when we warn others of questionable teachings, why is it that we are told not to judge, or let's just see what happens. Brethren if someone placed cyanide in your water would you want me to warn you before you drank it, or should I wait and see what would happen?

Yet I also find no small difficulty in discerning how and when to do this. :-(

Quote:
Even a simple sentence such as 'Jesus is alive'... if empowered by the Holy Spirit in the ears of the hearer, is totally transforming.

Reminds me of the testimony of Nicki Cruz :)

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=335]Nicki Cruz testimony[/url]

Peace be with the Israel of God.

2006/7/11 18:07Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Roaringlamb

Quote:
I am amazed that GOD can use anyone anywhere, but this does not mean that we just blindly put our heads in the sand and say "well GOD will do what HE will do" that is laziness, and that is part of the reason we are in this debacle in the first place. Please just look into who this man uses to help train his pastors. It is a man named Ken Blanchard who has, and maintains strong ties to New Age beliefs, and seminars. He even wrote the foreward for the book if I remember correctly. What fellowship has light with dark? Also look at what this is doing to congregations where the PDL is brought in. Those who stand up and say this is wrong are forced out of the church.

actually bro, God will do whatever He wants to do, the thing is we ought to put down what [i]we[/i] would do and jump on the train of what He is doing. i'm not saying we should bury our heads in the sand or not speak out against false doctrine, but we ought not to stray from God's will coz that amounts to rebellion even if the intent is noble in our eyes. i'm reminded of job's friends when they accused job of sinning and that being the cause of his trouble. God said of them that they ought to offer sacrifices because they didn't speak rightly of Him.

it seems to me there is a good amount of disobedience going on as it pertains to speaking out against such as many choose silence and perhaps some speak out not out of s spirit if glorifying God, but oneself.

2006/7/11 21:02Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Chances are, if its mainstream, its not of God, its of the world.

2006/7/11 23:59Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro IWantAnguish

Quote:

IWantAnguish wrote:
Chances are, if its mainstream, its not of God, its of the world.

true...

2006/7/12 0:26Profile

Re: To "roaringlamb"

I have praying and thinking all day on how I want to respond with the help of the Holy Spirit on your post, and I pray that my words convey the grief that your post engendered in me, grief tempered with love, for we are all clay jars.

The enemy exults in the divisions within the Body of Christ,

My initial post CELEBRATING in the Spirit that ANY Christian pastor would be invited into a land tortured and darkened by the devil was the FOCUS and prayer point of this thread.

I prayed against all hope that it would NOT degenerate into yet another "discernment" against the ministry of any Christian pastor who
adheres to the primary elements of our faith in Jesus Christ.

(side bar----I know very little, nor do I care to know about the "purpose driven life", all I care to do is to "love the Lord with all my heart strength, mind and soul and love my neighbor as myself". I am a child of Abraham, a brother of Jesus, and a co-heir with Him". Thats all I know, Jesus Christ and Him crucified, I'm a Jew, and have accepted that Messiah is here.)

and I say this with love, that you have perverted the prayer onus of my initial post with your post. I appreciate that you feel a burden to warn us of what you regard as dangerous and apostate, but you have diverted attention away from what is really at stake, and that is a dictator who is reaching out for Jesus.

This man, Kim Jong Il is terrified, he does not know who to reach out to, so he is reaching for the most talked about pastor in the world, which is now Rick Warren.

I did not want this thread to be about Rick Warren, I prayerfully asked that it be a thread where we, in this cyber church, pray for this pharaoh, Kim Jong Il, and pray for the 20 million Christ-less souls in North Korea, that someone, that Rick Warren preach that "Jesus is Lord"....that "Jesus saves"....that if one ask the Lamb of God Jesus into their hearts they will be saved.

And on this forum, I have seen human beings grieving the Holy Spirit by slamming and slandering a man who is willing to go into a nation where possession of ONE page of the New Testament will put the possesor of this bit of Scripture into a prison camp much like Auschwitz.

and now you forward and add to the divisiveness by including the website Lighthouse trails, I have read thru much of what they have to say, and indeed they include some very valid warnings, but there are articles on this website, that are truly pharaisical in their content,

Dan Kimball, Doug Padgitt, and Earwin McManus are all dedicated followers of Jesus and preachers of the Gospel. I WILL start a thread on this issue. Dan Kimball leads a church in your own hometown that lifts up Jesus as Lord, and that was a church birthed by Chip Ingram who is another follower of Jesus and a strong Gospel preacher.

Back to the original point, many workers and tentmakers are prpeparing to evangelize North Korea, and God has revealed to me that one day soon, the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be preached from the 38th parralel to the Yalu and Tumen rivers........nothing will stand in the way of this.

I urge you lovingly to repent from diverting this thread and to pray for WHOMEVER the Lord sends to preach in North Korea.

bartle.

ps....I read all the "what we believe"s from lighthouse site, the saddleback church, solomons porch and vintage faith and they all say the same thing.

2006/7/12 2:07

Re: Rick Warren to Preach in Communist North Korea

Bro Ironman,

Amen to the fellowship we enjoy on this forum. I've not put into words before, I don't think, that I've noticed we are very much on the same page. Your posts in this thread, about turning the searchlight on our own lives, very much accords with my thinking. I would caution, though, that while one can be open to correction from on High, [i]unless[/i] the word comes from on High, our attempts to correct ourselves will lack the necessary ingredients of God's healing love and creative transformation. Iow.... it would be pure works.

bartle said:

Quote:
where possession of ONE page of the New Testament will put the possesor of this bit of Scripture into a prison camp much like Auschwitz.

This is a salutory insight, bro. Thanks. :-o

2006/7/12 6:04

Re:

Who is Rick Warren and why does he get slagged off lots?

2006/7/12 6:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy