Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jehovas witness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
inastruzay

Re: jehovas witness

dear friend,

you know they usually travel in pairs -- one that has quite some knowledge and another that they are training.

I cut to the chase once with a couple of Jws in montana -- they said you will never convince or change us and we can not convince or change you, therefore we will go -- they were sitting at my dining table. I said -- at least let me pray for you before you go, the leader said oh no! no way! I asked why? he said because you do not serve the same God that we do.

Man these guys and girls that shared have a lot of wisdom and experiance -- remember do it in the Spirit.
Peace

2006/6/20 19:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote; ""
The Lord Jesus goes in the middle on the line which one half of the Coin on the Uncreated side and one half going on the other "created" side.

The Lord JEsus as the Eternal Word is the Eternal God, the ETernal Only begotton Son of God.

The Lord Jesus as a Man took on created humanity. He was born in the created womb of created Mary and derives His created humanity from Her. He partook of flesh and blood, that is created human flesh and blood.

That all things came into being through Him as God is followed by, "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us, and we beheld His glory...

In HIs humanity he grew, he lived a human life, he ate, he learned, the suffered, and He died and was resurrected. His humanity was not eternal, but was created humanity. But in resurrectin His humanity is glorified and transfigured by His divine Life and He is forever both God and Man.

The Lord Jesus is fully God and fully Man. He is the God/Man. And so the Lord JEsus is the eternal union of the Uncreated ETernal God with Created humanity.

Graftedbranch""

And that is what God is doing with us. Amen.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/6/21 0:08Profile
mamaS

Re: jehovas witness

My husband recommended these books for you:

"Jehovah's Wintesses Answered verse by verse" David A. Reed. ISBN 0-8010-7739-7

"Answering Jehovah's Wintesses Subject by Subject" David A. Reed ISBN 08010-5317-X

"Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses" Ron Rhodes ISBN 1-56507-106-9

Also, here is something he just wrote out the other day:

Verses for the Jehovah's Witnesses Regarding:

The deity of Jesus Christ.

Jesus is uncreated and eternal.

Hebrews 7:3 “Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God”
Micah 5:2 “But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

Jesus created everything.

Isiah 44:24 Jehovah states that He created the world by Himself. “Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things ; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself”
John 1:3 “All things were made by him (Jesus); and without him was not any thing made that was made”
Col 1:16 “For by him (Jesus) were all things created”

Jesus is called God.

John 20:28 “And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”
Heb 1:8 “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever”
Verses 10, 11 and 12 of the first chapter of Hebrews is quoted verbatim from psalm 102 (which is said to be in reference to Jehovah) and is said in verse 8 of Hebrews chapter 1 to be in reference to Jesus.
1st Tim 3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh”
Col 2:9 “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Jesus is worshipped.

Matt 4:10 Jesus states that only God is to be worshipped. “Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
Matt 8:2 “And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.”
Matt 9:18 “While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him”
Matt 14:33 “Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.”
Matt 15:25 “Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.”
Matt 28:9 “And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "All hail." And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him”
Matt 28:17 “And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.”
Heb 1:6 “And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.”

The Deity and Personality of the Holy Ghost

The Holy Spirit is called God.

Acts 5:3-4 “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.”

The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ

If Jesus was only resurrected in Spirit then He was deceptive to present Himself as resurrected bodily.
John 2:18-22 “Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? Jesus answered and said unto them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. " Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.”
John 20:27 “Then saith he to Thomas, "reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. "
Luke 24:37-44 “And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, "Peace be unto you. " But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, "Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? " "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. " And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, "Have ye here any meat? " And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them. And he said unto them, "These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. "
Col 2:9 “For in him dwelleth (present tense; after the death of Christ) all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

2006/6/29 2:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy