SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Re:

Quote:
I recommend you watch the videos of Al-Zarqawi hacking the heads off of two Americans with a small knife.

I would strongly recommend NOT watching any of these video's.

I did and it took me over a year to get the images out of my mind and soul. They are VERY demonic and damaged my life for a long time. Think in things that are pure, lovely and nice!

Grace and peace,
Doug Renz

2006/6/8 10:22Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Krispy,
Here is what I believe: that there are two kingdoms, two totaly different kind of citizenships.
Two kinds of people, those are death spiritually and those are life in Christ.
And in these two kind of camps, different like darkness and the light, have soliders. And there is a war and there are weapons for that war.
Their war is carnal, against the flesh and blood.
Our war is spiritual [i]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.[/i] and that is: [i]loins girt about with truth, breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with the preparation of the [b]gospel of peace[/b], shield of faith, helmet of salvation, [b]sword of the Spirit,[/b] which is the word of God, all prayer and supplication in the Spirit[/i]

Their war can be won with carnal swords and bombs.
Our war can be won only by [i]Puting on the whole armour of God [/i]
Christ has called us to the second kind of war.
And the Scriputre is very clear, [i]3 For though we walk in the flesh, [b]we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,[/b] but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds[/i]

We are soliders of Christ, [i]3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.[/i]

And He instructed us:[i]52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53 [b]Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?[/b]
[/i]

The question is still there.

Christ's call to us is for different kind of warfare. We will surely lose the battle if we take the carnal weapons, and how can it be to go in their camp and fight with them their warfare, [i]14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? [b]and what communion hath light with darkness?[/b]
[/i] and therefore we can not take joy for their carnal victories.

You said murderess, but check this about USA:
[i]How many? During the 1980s and 1990s total abortions stayed about 1,550,000 annually, slowly decreasing in the 1990s. Note that the Guttmacher Institute reported that 10% of known abortion providers did not report. Adding 10% to its 1,550,000 equals 1,700,000. The total reported slowly decreased in the 1990s. When the unreported abortions are added (income tax evasion, cover-up for privacy, etc.), a figure of 1,800,000 may be more realistic. Live births have hovered just under 4,000,000. Therefore: [b]Almost every third baby conceived in America is killed by abortion.[/b][/i]

If we value things by your logic, in usa are more murderess. But I not value them like that.

We should seek justice, long for it, but we will not received with carnal weapons and when we return evil to the evil. The Scripture teach us unambiguously 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. [i]18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, [b]avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.[/b]
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.[/i]
Above is mentioned what kind of weapons are ours.

Yes it is difficult to be violated. But Jesus, look unto Jesus. [i]And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
65 And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.
[/i]

[i][b]7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.[/b][/i]

And yet Jesus said: 53 [i]Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? [/i] But no. Our warfare is with different kind of weapons. And we should take our Lord as example and we should know that [i]18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.[/i] and again [i]15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
[/i]

Your brother in Christ,
Kire

2006/6/8 10:23Profile
Truthspeaker

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

I suppose 60 years ago you would have done nothing about Hitler, and just let him kill whoever he pleased? Whats the difference?

That was way outta line and you know it..

2006/6/8 10:28Profile

Re:

Well, as a person who has been very active politically in trying to change the laws in America concerning abortion, and as a person who puts a lot of charitable money toward crisis pregnancy ministries, and as the husband of a woman who is very active in ministering to women who are considering abortions... I agree.

But that doesnt take away the fact that we as a nation have the right to defend ourselves against a threat. Which is what we're doing. Also, when someone like Hitler, Saddam or someone like al-Z is openly murdering people... we can not sit back and do nothing. The truth is, this man was killing way more of his own people than he was Americans!

As for looking to Jesus is someone is attacking my children... I would not be a godly father if I stood back and allowed my children to be harmed and did nothing to prevent it.

David was a warrior. David was a sinner too. David was not perfect. God called David a man after His own heart. Moses was a warrior. Joshua was a warrior. Sampson was a warrior. Granted, that was a different dispensation, however all of these men were very dear to the heart of God, and instrumental in God's plan for the history of mankind. Jesus... son of David... a warrior.

Believe me, I'm all for peace... but peace with honor, not peace at all costs. If I am attacked for my faith I will not lift a hand in my own defense. If someone is breaking thru my door, or harms a loved one... it's a different story.

In fact, in a America if you are witnessing a violent crime and do nothing to prevent it you can be arrested for accessory to that crime.

Krispy

2006/6/8 10:35

Re:

Quote:
That was way outta line and you know it..

How was that out of line? That was an honest question. Dont scold me for asking that... there is no difference between Hitler exterminating a race of people and terrorist wanting to exterminating not ONLY the same race of people, but anyone else who doesnt believe as they do.

Krispy

2006/6/8 10:37
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Amen Krisp,

I agree with you 100%. My brother, who is about to go back to Iraq for his second tour, said that the insurgents werent only using innocent people as shields, they were actually going into Sudanese refugee camps and using them as human shields, and unfortunately, my brother had to do what he had to do to exterminate this threat.

This was gods appointed time for Zarquawi.

2006/6/8 11:00Profile
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re:

Quote:
As for looking to Jesus is someone is attacking my children... I would not be a godly father if I stood back and allowed my children to be harmed and did nothing to prevent it.

Well of course brother, that would be the sin of omission. He that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, it is sin.

Brothers I do side with Krispy Kritter on the fact that this man was very wicked. I personally did see the video of him killing the American (before I was saved), and it was horrible. Yes, Christ did die for this man and Christ loves him and as well my wretched, sinful self. However, Let us not forget the first and foremost characteristic of God --Holiness.

Proverbs 29:1. Deuteronomy 32:39, Job 5:18, Ezekiel 16:50.

Brothers I am in no way running for president of the Baptist union trying to reinstate the stoning of sinners. I am not being Holier than thou and pointing the finger at men’s sins who are outward, mine being less visible. However, we cannot ignore the excessive abominations that some men manifest themselves to be. True we were all sinners and ungodly until Christ quickened us. But some men without Christ, instead of embracing false religion, embrace Satan and sin itself committing wickedness unthinkable. Yes, I believe God STILL kills people. I remember reading how our Lord sent an angel (it sure didn't do it of it's free will) to go and kill herod--after the cross. So it's entirely possible and feasible that , just as we think it's the "Christ-like" thing to do (and it is in most cases) to mourn over the death of the wicked, yet we need to remind ourselves and fellow men of the goodness and severity of God.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Sure, its easy to reprove a brother for giving way to his natural inclinations and rejoice to see divine justice poured out. But there's no way after you listen to CNN, or read in a newspaper how men sodomize two year olds and rape preteens off myspace that you don't feel a sense of relief, thankfulness, and joy that they were caught—even executed. If you do not, that's fine, I stand alone. Its something I'm ashamed of--but not ashamed of.

Addressing the post more specifically, I strongly advise you read a couple of unbiased books or watch a few documentaries before you swallow what our government and news channel spew out to the mass public brother Kritter. You can get one flick entitled “loose change” for cheap on eBay that goes into detail concerning 9/11. This is no rebuke in anyway, just a little advice that bin laden, 9/11, and anything else is not as one sided as our local news channel would like us to believe.

2006/6/8 11:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

O Krispy you opened up the can of Liberal worms with this post hope you saw it coming and are prepared to deal with it, hey better you than me :-) this might be another one of those Marriage, Divorce, and ReMarriage.. Toward a Biblical Perspective threads. :-o

2006/6/8 11:40Profile

Re:

Just down the road from here a female Clemson University student was found raped and strangled to death. Thanks to DNA it didnt take long for the authorities to figure out who was responsible. They arrested the man in Dandridge TN (only an hour or so from where I sit), and now he is confessing to numerous rapes and attemtped rapes in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. Even in the county I live in here in NC he had a sex offender record.

If we follow the logic of some people here we should just hand him a tract and invite him to church and let him go free and pray that he gets saved.

You say "thats not what I said!" ...but it is. If you follow the logic of some who have posted to this thread, we should not punish those who perpretrate crimes. I dont understand this thinking, and can only attribute it to how some believers have turned Jesus into some sort of hippie "peace and love" Jesus.

There is a reason we have governments, and there is a reason we have laws. We can not attain salvation by observing the Mosaic Law. But without law and order mankind would never have last as long as it has.

God is a God of order. And God is a God of justice. In fact, justice, even in a human court, is a reflection of God as Judge.

Krispy

2006/6/8 11:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
suppose someone breaks into your house and begins to attack your children... what are you going to do? Stop him, or try to love him?
Krispy

Democrat "Love Him" Republican "Stop Him" :-P

2006/6/8 11:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy