SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Is the national ID card the next step toward the imposition of the biblical "mark of the beast" Christians believe will be required to buy and sell during the Last Days?

That's the contention of a growing group of believers who are working to turn back the approval of the Real ID Act by Congress last year. Public Law 109-13 requires the national ID portion of the plan go into effect by May 2008.

"There is a prophecy in the Bible that foretells a time when every person will be required to have a mark or a number, without which he or she will not be able to participate in the economy," states the Christian website NoNationalID.com. "The prophecy is 2,000 years old, but it has been impossible for it to come to pass until now. With the invention of the computer and the Internet, this prophecy of buying and selling, using a number, can now be implemented at any time. Has the time for the fulfillment of this prophecy arrived?"

The site asks visitors to sign an online petition vowing not to vote for any candidate who does not commit to repealing the Real ID Act.

2006/5/6 13:11Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?

Quote:
The site asks visitors to sign an online petition vowing not to vote for any candidate who does not commit to repealing the Real ID Act.

I have listened to this ministry off and on for a while now and they hope to gain enough petitions to get this issue in front of Christians. They hope that this issue will trump even abortion as the primary factor in casting ballots.

Personally, I think a lot of factors are coming to play also that are leading us to something of the sort. I refuse to spiritualize this text as it seems to me to be meant literally. Excesses in prophecy circles have not changed my view. I think we need to keep an eye on this.

2006/5/6 14:06Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

My only hope is that HIS return be soon. I dont know about anyone else here, but my bones burn to be home. I really can not wait until I see HIS face.

These things leave me so excited. I want to get up and scream that the end is coming, and our Lord will be here! :-P

Lord, come to us now, I do not want to wait any longer!

2006/5/6 17:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?

In the current issue of "Consumer Reports" - June 2006 issue that came today, there is an article titled "The End of Privacy?" with a subtitle "Tiny devices attached to everything you buy could put you under extensive surveillance". This title says it all. Now is this prophetic? Is this the fulfillment of this prophecy? I am certain there will be challenges ahead of us if you do not participate and then survival will be more serious then what we have ever known before.

My opinion but I believe the scriptures means what it says and we do well to believe it and act accordingly.

ginnyrose

2006/5/9 23:07Profile
dohzman

most will disagree

When I see things like this, I rember the prophesies in Daniel where the term the whole world is used, however that didn't mean the entire world. The mark of the beast I don't believe will encompass the entire earth. Russia and China for example will not come under this control, neither will America (Thats my personal opinion), knowing that America isn't specifically named in the prophetic scripture, unless you use texts like the Isles that lived carelessly, etc... I personally believe that America's government has its agenda and where they would like to go in the "Big Brother" scheme of things, however the events in the near future will keep government reacting rather than acting and actually very little actual change , I believe, will come to pass, outside of the judgements (chastisements??) on this country which will stack one upon another. I see our country becoming a poor nation and one where fear and hopelessness abounds. But that means the true bride of Christ will have the only answer has actually has tangible results in a persons life---the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It has been my observation that christian groups---ministries??----use these topics to stir up people to react a certain way which usually fits into thier hidden agenda. And in the process they always seem to gather people to thier side. That gives them a larger more powerful Lobby.
I still like what the late Keith Green said,"whether pre, mid, or post trib, I'm preparing to go post and will be to ready to go pre". ;-)

2006/5/10 0:27Profile

Re:

The Mark of the Beast

It seems very clear to me that those that take the "Mark of the Beast", either on their foreheads or hands, take it knowingly, with the understanding that they are worshiping antichrist. The taking of this mark will be for all of those that are lost sinners and deceived by Satan during the Tribulation.

Rev 13:18
13. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14. And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is also clear that many non-believers will come to belief in Jesus Christ as Lord during the Tribulation. These people will not be deceived, and will not take the mark. They will most undoubtedly be killed, but will immediately be in heaven, in the presence of the Lord:

Rev 6:9-11
9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season,

How are Christians killed during the Great Tribulation? By beheading!

Revelation 20:4 reveals to us that these believers were beheaded during the Great Tribulation because of their belief in Jesus Christ, and in their refusal to take the mark of the beast:
4. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In conclusion, I think that the time of the end is close. All of the signs are in place. All of the Nations surround Jerusalem, and Jerusalem is indeed a cup of trembling. There is now more anti-semitism than I have ever witnessed in my entire lifetime of 63 years. The World is getting ready to create it's one world government, that Nimrod tried to start in Genesis, before God came down and confused their language. The currencies in Europe are becoming one with the Euro. Our borders in America are disapearing. By 2010 America will be "borderless" --between that of Canada and Mexico.

The Church is becoming Apostate. No one wants to hear sound doctrine. Many today want teachers that give them what they want to hear-prosperity, name it and claim it, and materialism. They would rather listen to their flesh, and Satan (who they think is the Holy Spirit) talking to them, than studying God's Word. If they studied God's Word, they would know how to test the Spirit that talks to them.

God's Word tells us that the end is almost upon us:

2 Timothy 4:3-4
3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Time is close, come Lord Jesus, come.

God bless,

Stever

P.S. Israel was not even a Nation when I was born in 1942. Who would think that such a thing could happen? It has never happened before to a people group anywhere, once they were dispersed to form their own nation again. Dispersed for 1,500 years, and then become a Nation again--impossible! With God, nothing is impossible. God prophesized this event in Isaiah 66:8, that Israel would become a nation again, in one day, in the end times. That day occurred in 1948, 6 years after I was born. Once this event happened, end time events started falling into place, all with the Lord's timing. The Lord is indeed in control of history:

8. Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Let's read the rest of the prophecy:

9. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10. Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11. That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12. For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13. As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
14. And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward his servants, AND HIS INDIGNATION TOWARD HIS ENEMIES.
15. FOR, BEHOLD, THE LORD WILL COME WITH FIRE, AND WITH HIS CHARIOTS LIKE A WHIRLWIND, TO RENDER HIS ANGER WITH FURY, AND HIS REBUKE WITH FLAMES OF FIRE..

2006/5/10 0:32
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: most will disagree

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
It has been my observation that christian groups---ministries??----use these topics to stir up people to react a certain way which usually fits into thier hidden agenda. And in the process they always seem to gather people to thier side. That gives them a larger more powerful Lobby.
I still like what the late Keith Green said,"whether pre, mid, or post trib, I'm preparing to go post and will be to ready to go pre". ;-)

I'd have to agree with you Dohz, and personally I think that if guys like Alex Jones and Mike Moore are warning people about microchips and smartcards, then it is highly likely that they won't be "the mark". I personally believe that it will be much more subtle than that, after all it "requires wisdom" to figure out who "six hundre, threescore and six" refers to. And how silly are all the 'Hagee's, 'LaHaye's, and 'Van Impe's going to feel if they find out that the mark had been and gone before they were even born (check out Edgar Parkyn's 'Church History' series for this 'Historicist' viewpoint).

Yep, that Kieth Green was a wise man, that's all I can say. ;-)

2006/5/10 9:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Listen to the Scripture which marks a saint...

Deut. 11:18 “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 20 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth.

It is the word of God that marks a saints hand and his forehead. How might we see this in application? The mark on the hand may mean that everything we do with our hands is influenced by the word of God. What of the sign of the word of God between our eyes? Might it mean that our minds are renewed daily by the word of God?

In terms of the mark of the beast, what then might this mark mean in terms of the spiritual world? Do we go along side, do we yoke ourselves to the same thing the world hopes for? Do we with our hands work for the things the world strives for?

Do we yoke ourselves to the worlds thoughts and philosophies? Is this the mark of the beast?

The mark of the beast is not physical but spiritual...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/10 10:52Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Robert wrote:

Quote:
I refuse to spiritualize this text as it seems to me to be meant literally.

We have another example given to us in Scripture concerning a mark that is placed on the forehead of the saints...

Ezek. 9:4 and the LORD said to him, “Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it.”

Ezek. 9:6 Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/10 11:00Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
In terms of the mark of the beast, what then might this mark mean in terms of the spiritual world? Do we go along side, do we yoke ourselves to the same thing the world hopes for? Do we with our hands work for the things the world strives for?

Do we yoke ourselves to the worlds thoughts and philosophies? Is this the mark of the beast?

The mark of the beast is not physical but spiritual...

To be honest, this is the direction that I lean. I believe that Art Katz mentions a similar theory in his book, "Apostolic Foundations".

2006/5/10 17:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy