SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Divorce and Remarriage by David Servant

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

Re:

thanks for the article, cant wait to read it

2007/5/27 23:31Profile
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

ginnyrose

Thank you for reading some of the article. It was paragraphs like this one that had alarm bells ringing in my ears as well. I have supported this mans ministry for some time. All of his other teachings have been a blessing and until this article very Biblical. I was considering placing some of his teachings on my website when I ran across this teaching and thought I should let some of the SI “theologs” give it a test run.

I truly appreciate your concern for my personal situation, but this was not an attempt to pacify my conscience in regards to remarriage. I have accepted my situation and know God wills and direction for my life. It is with the judgment seat of Christ in view that all my decisions are made.

There have been many teachings come across my way lately dealing with this topic and when I noticed David Servant did as well, I decided to check it out before posting any of his work on my site.

As far as this topic is concerned I think John MacArthur’s sermon does the best at showing the Biblical way to handle it.

Thanks again for your reply…and your concern. I am touched

2007/5/27 23:49Profile
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
    Re:ginnyrose2007/5/28 0:03:24
        Re:sermonindex2007/5/28 0:04:51
            Re:tjservant2007/5/28 1:36:39

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Servant

Quote:
Did you read the article?

All of the article?

It is indeed jumping the gun not to do so.

Joh 7:51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?

Would hope that there would be a suspension of positions long enough to just consider what our own brethren are saying, before coming to conclussions. This is presented quite well in all honesty, oddly had been musing on some of the same considerations earlier today in the other similar post.

2007/5/28 0:55Profile
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Brother, I perceive the writer of this article is wanting to ease the conscience of those 'caught in the remarriage trap'.

I don’t see that he is trying to let anyone off the hook or feel okay about sinning…just letting them know that if it happened in their life before being a Christian that they are not condemned. He never says anything other than God hates divorce and that true Christians will not divorce.

Quote:
If there is no issue, why do these people oftentimes bring this issue up to people who they perceive to have it all together? Does this not tell you the Holy Spirit is putting red flags into their conscience and they do not like what they sense in their spirit?

Many ask about this topic because of the different views out there and they are confused. Many of the top Bible teachers are split on this topic. For a new Christian it is not always easy to find your way through this. When I was first saved I felt convicted of everything…and I mean everything. It took a while before I began to understand how to balance the opinion of the saints I trusted and listen to the Holy Spirit for myself.

This article is not flawless...but it does need to be read in its entirety.

2007/5/28 13:24Profile
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
    Re:1956Ford2007/5/28 13:59:27
        Re:sermonindex2007/5/29 3:05:53
            Re:lastblast2007/5/29 7:20:07
                Re:tjservant2007/5/29 9:40:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy